2 DAS Questions

chekhovgirl

DIS Veteran
1. Next April we'll be traveling with our older teens and my nephews (8, 10 at the time), along with my parents. They've had a challenging year, so we're trying to do something special for them and have them spend time with my boys before one goes off to college. One of my nephews is on the autism spectrum and was very young (3) and undiagnosed last time we brought him, so we would be looking to use DAS this time. We have had to use similar programs at regional theme parks with him to make the experience enjoyable/worthwhile for him (and us!).

With the new rules, it is four people or your immediate family. None of us except his brother will be his immediate family. His brother would definitely go on it, but outside of that he would likely be riding either with my sons (which is the goal, to have all the kids enjoy rides together) or my parents (his grandparents) if we have to split up because there will be a bunch of stuff he flat out won't ride that the rest of the kids will (rollercoasters and such). I'm guessing this is a "no", but can you rotate who goes on with him or is it only the same two people the whole time? I want to give him the benefit of using the pass, but if it is going to continuously keep him from riding with either his grandparents or his cousins, I'm not sure which to do. Other than the cost, is there an advantage to using DAS over Genie+? We may just end up doing Genie+ so we can do the various configurations we need, but may apply for DAS in addition so he has options if there are any advantages. I can't remember.

2. On our last trip (just me and my husband) I used DAS because of a legitimate medical condition and needing access to restrooms. It doesn't seem that this will be covered anymore, but it sounds like they are going to change policies for leaving bathroom trips and leaving the line. Does anybody have any new/good info on this? Getting anxious about it already...

Edited to add a third question!

3. If we do Genie+ for everyone and DAS for my nephews and my parents, how does it work if you have both G+ and DAS? Can we schedule Genie+ with the rest of the group and DAS for my nephew and my parents if they go off separately from us? Can you hold reservations on both? Thank you!

Thanks!

Exactly what @lanejudy said. But I wanted to add, Disney removed the language about "immediate family" so please don't stress about that. It will be more of DAS holder + ? many guests and how they decide to make exceptions to that.
Beside what lanejudy wrote, even after May 20, there may be some changes. Since you are not going until April, everything should be much more settled by then.

And the number accompanying the DAS user and how that all works will be more settled too.
As audrey2580 pointed out, the "immediate family" language was on the Disney websites, but was removed pretty quickly.
Disney never defined what they meant by "immediate family", but people (mostly on Facebook groups) started telling people things like 'it's only people who live in your home....only minor children....step-parents won't count....no grandparents....no aunts or uncles...etc).
I think that's why Disney removed the language so quickly

Beside what lanejudy wrote, even after May 20, there may be some changes. Since you are not going until April, everything should be much more settled by then.

And the number accompanying the DAS user and how that all works will be more settled too.
As audrey2580 pointed out, the "immediate family" language was on the Disney websites, but was removed pretty quickly.
Disney never defined what they meant by "immediate family", but people (mostly on Facebook groups) started telling people things like 'it's only people who live in your home....only minor children....step-parents won't count....no grandparents....no aunts or uncles...etc).
I think that's why Disney removed the language so quickly
Ah, okay, I didn't see that it was removed, but I hope that they will honor that for people who have more than 4 people in their immediate family, for example, or if they are just going to be flexible with the number again. I thought it weird for a situation like ours where none of his immediate family may be with him except for his younger brother!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter