***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I just joined... same first name and profile of me and kiddo so you should recognize it. when everyone joins we are going to need a cheat sheet of disboards names corresponding to real names. I'm already like "who is xxx?" and all I can see is @TiggerManiac !! If I can't figure it out with one person I am in trouble! :faint:

@Lisa F. Agree we need a cheat sheet! Love your FB profile pic of you and kiddo. You both look so happy!

Man, this thread has been moving fast tonight!

Let's see... what all did I want to comment about before I tell y'all a story?...

I will probably do a trip report. After all this time and effort to plan, and even if it all goes crashing down mid-trip, I'd still want to know how y'all's trips turned out, so I'll share mine in the hopes other people do too. :)

My phone CM when I booked our tour and sleigh ride did specifically say I wouldn't get an email. She said the same thing about making a note on MDE so it shows up in my plans. I did read my confirmation numbers back to her to make sure I had them right since I wouldn't get an email.

10000 posts!!! What??? :banana:

Okay, story time. So I decided after much encouragement from this very thread to go ahead and drop my Captain's Grille CP package and commit to the Garden Grill one. Both were for the 5:00pm CP. The thing is, though, since they were at the same time, I had the CG one on the MDE profile that had all my other dining, hotel, FPs, etc. The GG one was booked on another MDE profile that I had using my work email that basically had that one ADR on it and nothing else.

So I decided to get ballsy and try to drop it real fast and pick it back up on my other MDE so everything would be all nice and tidy on my one main profile. This goes off without a hitch... except that now it's given me the 8:15pm CP. This does not fit in my Epcot day plan of WS in the early pm, early CP, then FW in the late pm.

So I get ballsy again. I drop it again and pick it back up again. Now I have the 6:45pm CP. Progress, yes, but still not what I want. Now, we've reached the end of my work day, so due to the combination of needing to head home and also being scared to drop again for fear of somebody taking it out from under me, I call the dining line to see if they can just swap my CP time.

That did not go as planned. Bless her heart, my phone CM told me some mellarcky about breakfast CP's all getting 6:45pm, and lunches got 5:00pm. Aw honey, I'm sorry, but I've had at least 10 different breakfast CP reservations in the last two weeks, and that is just not the case. But I didn't say that. I thanked her for checking and said we'd just keep our 6:45pm and make it work (yeah right!).

I get off the phone, and I'm ranting. Roomie is in our living room ironing tablecloths for a work conference laughing her patootie off.

I get ballsy one more time. I drop it yet again and pick it back up. BOOM! 5:00pm CP.

And that, my friends, is how it's done. (If by that, we mean in a haze of profanity, anxiety, and frustration, and not a single ounce of confidence or bada$$ery.)

Edit to add: Would totally join the fb group, except that fb and I broke up about 2 weeks ago. We'd been together since 2005, but after much heartache and ugliness, I dumped it in favor of Twitter.

Let's see... what all did I want to comment about before I tell y'all a story?...

I will probably do a trip report. After all this time and effort to plan, and even if it all goes crashing down mid-trip, I'd still want to know how y'all's trips turned out, so I'll share mine in the hopes other people do too. :)

My phone CM when I booked our tour and sleigh ride did specifically say I wouldn't get an email. She said the same thing about making a note on MDE so it shows up in my plans. I did read my confirmation numbers back to her to make sure I had them right since I wouldn't get an email.

Okay, story time. So I decided after much encouragement from this very thread to go ahead and drop my Captain's Grille CP package and commit to the Garden Grill one. Both were for the 5:00pm CP. The thing is, though, since they were at the same time, I had the CG one on the MDE profile that had all my other dining, hotel, FPs, etc. The GG one was booked on another MDE profile that I had using my work email that basically had that one ADR on it and nothing else.

So I decided to get ballsy and try to drop it real fast and pick it back up on my other MDE so everything would be all nice and tidy on my one main profile. This goes off without a hitch... except that now it's given me the 8:15pm CP. This does not fit in my Epcot day plan of WS in the early pm, early CP, then FW in the late pm.

So I get ballsy again. I drop it again and pick it back up again. Now I have the 6:45pm CP. Progress, yes, but still not what I want. Now, we've reached the end of my work day, so due to the combination of needing to head home and also being scared to drop again for fear of somebody taking it out from under me, I call the dining line to see if they can just swap my CP time.

That did not go as planned. Bless her heart, my phone CM told me some mellarcky about breakfast CP's all getting 6:45pm, and lunches got 5:00pm. Aw honey, I'm sorry, but I've had at least 10 different breakfast CP reservations in the last two weeks, and that is just not the case. But I didn't say that. I thanked her for checking and said we'd just keep our 6:45pm and make it work (yeah right!).

I get off the phone, and I'm ranting. Roomie is in our living room ironing tablecloths for a work conference laughing her patootie off.

I get ballsy one more time. I drop it yet again and pick it back up. BOOM! 5:00pm CP.

And that, my friends, is how it's done. (If by that, we mean in a haze of profanity, anxiety, and frustration, and not a single ounce of confidence or bada$$ery.)

Edit to add: Would totally join the fb group, except that fb and I broke up about 2 weeks ago. We'd been together since 2005, but after much heartache and ugliness, I dumped it in favor of Twitter.
Impressive!!

Well, we were almost to 500 pages and then we zoomed right by it!! Got a kick out of reading 10+ pages late last night when I couldn't sleep. I'm sure I won't catch up with everyone, but...

Thanks @Lisa F @Wood_Nymph for the reviews and different perspectives on the Wishes Dessert Party (from the Terrace). Having the reserved, uncrowded parade spot is what is making me strongly lean towards keeping my reservation.

@Candycane83 and @TiggerManiac - THANK YOU for keeping us all organized!

Congrats to all who were able to plan the sleigh ride. Sounds fun.

OMG, @Mal6586 is making me crack up with her bada$$ery on self-swapping ADRs. Hmm, that needs an acronym. How about BASSADR's (pronounced "bass-adders")

I joined the FB group. I think this is only the 2nd group I'm in on there. Great idea for keeping pictures and other real time updates there when we are in the world.

Disboards is acting funny on my computer so I can't spend more time trying to write this post!!! Back later.

I think the system randomly assigns a CP time and there is no way to force it one way or the other except to do what you did. It is very annoying. Why can't you select and then if there is a conflict it won't let you? Glad it worked out.

I am too wordy for twitter :rotfl:

No. it's an evening thing so you couldn't do it by day. From 5ish (can't recall exact start) to 9ish. I booked at 8pm. It looks nice and it is a lot cheaper than the sleigh ride at $45.
oh well, we are full up on the evenings lol. I guess it will be a next time! kiddo was fine. said it would have been nice but next time. very mature attitude lol.

Last edited:
so now that I am 45 days away (and it's all about me) and we are over 10k posts... how is everyone doing on their planning? Why don't we check in on things you are still hoping to get/score/change.

For me, besides RoL, I am all set. I have changed my FP+ more than I thought I would but I think I've changed it as much as I reasonably can. I dropped all of my CP backups when JibJab dessert party was released. The one thing nagging at me a bit is EMM, the reviews are SO good but I really just can't fit it in except on my "rest and 'Ohana" day. I do have a backup 'Ohana for another day in case i go crazy and book EMM but with my two PP and 7DMT FP+ I think I should be good. Also in play for me is the dessert party during MVMCP but now leaning toward dropping it again, lol.

what are you still working on/looking for/thinking about?

so now that I am 45 days away (and it's all about me) and we are over 10k posts... how is everyone doing on their planning? Why don't we check in on things you are still hoping to get/score/change.

For me, besides RoL, I am all set. I have changed my FP+ more than I thought I would but I think I've changed it as much as I reasonably can. I dropped all of my CP backups when JibJab dessert party was released. The one thing nagging at me a bit is EMM, the reviews are SO good but I really just can't fit it in except on my "rest and 'Ohana" day. I do have a backup 'Ohana for another day in case i go crazy and book EMM but with my two PP and 7DMT FP+ I think I should be good. Also in play for me is the dessert party during MVMCP but now leaning toward dropping it again, lol.

For me it's:
- JBJB Dessert Party (waiting for Disney to extend dates)

- ROL (if/when it starts) I'm pretty sure that no dining packages will be announced but that's no big deal because we will be in Asia and Dinoland all afternoon so IF they do announce times for the show, we won't have to alter our plan too much.

- Was going to start researching making a grocery order. It seems crazy being on the DxDDP that we would need to do this. But we are staying at CS Standard room. The thought of walking 1/2 mile to fetch a cup of juice and a snack for the kids doesn't really appeal to me. I also thought it would be wise to have some familiar snacks for DS(2).

For me it's:
- JBJB Dessert Party (waiting for Disney to extend dates)

- ROL (if/when it starts) I'm pretty sure that no dining packages will be announced but that's no big deal because we will be in Asia and Dinoland all afternoon so IF they do announce times for the show, we won't have to alter our plan too much.

- Was going to start researching making a grocery order. It seems crazy being on the DxDDP that we would need to do this. But we are staying at CS Standard room. The thought of walking 1/2 mile to fetch a cup of juice and a snack for the kids doesn't really appeal to me. I also thought it would be wise to have some familiar snacks for DS(2).
Hah! I'm on DxDP and have a large snack list for DS2! Plus planning to stop by the grocery too from MCO to get fruits milk and water ;)

Just ROL for me now. But I still have multiple ADRs for the day I reserved for it :rotfl2:

also waiting to make dining reservations for universal. Apparently I can't book my character breakfast until a month prior. :confused3

I think I need a more detailed plan for my MK days at the end of my trip and Epcot too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter