1st Timers - Day 3 - Seaworld

Milly

Earning My Ears
Early start today - Ponderosa for breakfast at 07.45a.m. and on to Seaworld.
Hot & sunny start to day - split with DS1 & DN - they go straight to Kraken - we head for the hospitality building via the Clydesdale Hamlet to see the horses (DM & DF head straight for the free beer!) - lovely cool building with even lovlier cool beers...MMMMMM!
"Shamu Close Up" is closed so we go straight to the Shamu Show - this is brilliant fun and is a "MUST DO" for the kids. While watching it starts to rain and for the rest of the day it is pretty much on/off showers - no problem for us Brits though - the rain is warm! - next we head to the Sharks but find this closed today for cleaning (bit dissapointed) and so we press on to Pacific Point Reserve where we buy some fish to feed the noisy sealions - $10 and 30 seconds later they have all gone dispite my plea's for DS2 & DD to wait until I got the camera out!!! So DM does the decent thing and purchases more fish - 30 seconds later we are moving on! - we head for Journey to Atlantis but....yes....you guessed it....CLOSED! Due to Rain! We all feel a little dejected but press on regardless and after a visit to the Manatees we get to Dolphin Cove - after a lot of others have moved away we actually get to touch, stroke and feed the "big fishies" - this is a very exhilerating experience and was worth the entry alone.
After a final visit to the Stingray Pond where again we all get to touch the Stingray's we decide to head off (via the Tropical Reef) to International Drive to see what this has to offer.
We wander around a few gift shops - have dinner at Ponderosa (that made a change!) and head back to Villa for an evening swim and an early night.
At this point I think we were all feeling the effects of the flying start to the holiday and my plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow seems to be the best idea to give us a relaxing day and time to catch our breath.
A few beers and lots of local produce from the confectionary stand at Publix ends the day nicely and everone goes to bed happy with the trip so far! HOORAY!
I have to say at this point - a big thanks to all of you who gave advice and help in planning our trip - but the biggest thanks to Simon Veness for his "Brits Bible" which did not leave my rucksak for the entire two weeks and who's "Busy Day Guide" on page 280 was the whole basis of my itinerary. Priceless advice and great reading whilst in the short 10 - 15 minute queue's at various rides.
Tomorrow = Typhoon Lagoon......R & R.......

Milly

My DH's fave place in SW is Dophin Cove...excellent.

Thanks for sharing :D

SW is just great isn't it? That Shamu show just brings tears to the eyes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter