1st Time Character Meal?

mawe370

Earning My Ears
We thinking of doing a character meal for the first time on our visit in Jan. Any sugestions for two girls ages 2 1/2 & 5. We were at WDW last year the older daughter loved all the characters, the younger was a little afraid. So we chose not to do a meal. I think she will be better this year. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mawe:confused:

I don't think you can go wrong with Chef Mickey's. It is located in the CR. You could also try for CRT. Have a good time where ever you end up!

Our two favorites are Cape May at the Beach Club for breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.

We think these have the best food. The character interaction is very good also. At Cape May, we have found it is not as busy as others, so the characters spend more time with you.

Chef Mickey's is great, and it's a buffet os you can get what you want, and a good amount. The dessert buffet is also great, and Mickey, Minnie and the gang are all there! It's amazing!

Crystal Palace is nice with Pooh and friends. All the character meals are nice for kids. You could choose between them by which characters they have.

This is a great place for the kids. I found the cast to be more friendly here and the characters will spend more time with you. I try to book close to the closing of breakfst snd alway have had Goffy sit at the table for 20 min at a time or Chip & Dale the kids love it.

CP for breakfast is always funs for little ones who usually love pooh and friends.

We've only had character breakfast at O'hana at the Polynesian. We love the family-style service - the food is on the table and we serve it onto our own plates. It was not too busy - and the times we've been there, the kids got to "dance" around the restaurant with the characters (Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale.) Just to try something else, we will be going to the 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) this time. (Mary Poppins & friends are the main characters; and Pooh & Tigger are sometimes there.)

I'd do Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare. Typically Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, and Suzy and Perla are there. The food is good and so is the character interaction. It's a little more low key than some of the other character meals. Since it's not in a park, it's a great thing to do for dinner on arrival day.

Choosing a character breakfast for your child should really be dependant upon which characters the girls like.
I really enjoy Chef Mickey's, have loads of fun at Crystal Palace, but for the best breakfast (for an adult) withgreat interaction for the child: I recommend 1900 Park Fare. It is best to call to see which Characters are going to be there on the day you attend: sometimes Cinderella, but for the times I have been, it is Alice and the Wonderland Characters, with Mary Poppins in the lobby greating patrons.
Whichever character meal you choose, I am sure that you will have a great time.

also if you might be concerned about the children being scared, try to get each girl a little gift based on the characters at the breakfast prior to going. I know that that always makes me more excited.
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :wave2:

If your little one might be scared of characters, how about the Princess breakfast at Epcot? Princesses aren't as scary too young ones as the costumed characters.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter