1st Time BLT Guest question

amypetecar

DIS Veteran
I am about to check into BLT for my first time in a few days. We are a family of four staying in an MK studio.

Is there anything, or any advice, anyone could give us to make our stay more enjoyable? i.e. any special spots to visit at the resort? tips on staying at a monorail resort, pitfalls to avoid? Or even share your experience of what your favorite part of staying at BLT is!

Thanks in advance

We were at BLT in September - LOVED hopping right on the monorail and also enjoyed watching fireworks from TOTWL

Have a great time!

We just came back from our first stay at BLT in late November/early December. We just loved it! We had a lake view one bedroom. I would ask for a high floor. We did and the highest they had was on the sixth floor in the south tower and it was wonderful. The kids loved watching the monorail going through the Contemporary from our room. We also enjoyed watching the fireworks from TOTW but with a MK view, you won't need to do that. We walked to the Magic Kingdom. it was only about a 5-10 min. walk - so nice! It rained one afternoon so we took the monorail back from the Magic Kingdom which was great since once you are on the monorail platform it is covered the whole way back to BLT. We loved Chef Mickey's for dinner (we actually had breakfast there too). We had a bit of a wait for the bus going to the Studios but that was just a one-time thing. Have a great trip! It's a beautiful resort and an amazing location. I think you'll love it!

Make sure that you have your DVC Member card for access to The TOTWL.

:earsboy: Bill

I haven't stayed there yet. But I hear the best way to MK is on foot, since the monorail goes the opposite direction and you would have to stop at all the resorts on the way. I guess if you want more monorail time, that's fine.... It's just quicker to walk.

When going back to BLT from MK is when you want to get on the monorail, as you only have to go one stop.

I don't know the ages of your children, but my DD13 has always enjoyed the crafts and other activities at the Community Hall. I really expected that she would be too old this past October, but she still enjoyed being there. If you aren't in the parks in the evenings and the weather isn't too cold, the outside movies are also nice.

You will totally love your stay there! We stayed in a 1 BR LV villa in May 2010. My advice would be to try to ask for a "better room/floor" at check-in.

I asked for a higher floor at check-in and was given an amazing room that gave us both a MK and a lake view! We were essentially facing the tennis courts but could see Cinderella's castle and the monorail. If we looked to the left, we could see the Contemporary building. We saw the fireworks almost every night from our room (our kids were 3 and 6 at the time, so no late nights for us!!).

The monorail is SOOOO convenient at the end of a long day. We walked a few times to MK in the mornings, but never could manage to walk back in the evenings, since we were all wiped out! We also returned back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps when at MK/Epcot (both for the kids and us, adults) and it was amazing to be so close by. It was so convenient to just get on the monorail to Epcot via the TTC. On our last night at WDW, we decided to hop on the monorail and check out Grand Floridan and the Polynesian before we left.

You will have a great stay for sure! (Can you tell I wish we were there again?)

I am about to check into BLT for my first time in a few days. We are a family of four staying in an MK studio.

Is there anything, or any advice, anyone could give us to make our stay more enjoyable? i.e. any special spots to visit at the resort? tips on staying at a monorail resort, pitfalls to avoid? Or even share your experience of what your favorite part of staying at BLT is!

Thanks in advance

First thing I would do is get a bigger room so I could really enjoy the resort. A family of four in a BLT studio is going to be really tight.

But you can walk to the MK which is handy.

Thanks in advance

Don't take the monorail at peak times if possible. It's a quick walk from BLT to MK. If you are leaving at closing and the resort monorail line is backed up down the ramp, walk back. You'll be upstairs at TOTWL with a drink in hand long before the monorail will get you back.

Be sure to visit TOTWL one night for the fireworks. It's the best location to see them from.

BLT's pool is on the smaller side and it's quite shallow, so if you are there during peak heat, the pool will be bath water warm.

If you are interested in photography and are an early riser, see if you can get out on the roof terrace and take pictures. You'll get some amazing pictures and the place will still be quiet.

Wow! All great tips. I never would have thought about pictures in the AM before the park wakes up. Keep the advice coming! Only 3 days to go until we're there!!!

I haven't stayed there yet. But I hear the best way to MK is on foot, since the monorail goes the opposite direction and you would have to stop at all the resorts on the way.

this is true.

i did love the sound of the train whistle in the mornings as the MK came to life...

if you luck into a partial MK view, you might try watching fireworks from the balcony (i think one of the tv channels has the music on it.)

We are staying at BLT (our home resort) for the first tome 1/21-/1/29. Thanks for the tips. :thumbsup2

First thing I would do is get a bigger room so I could really enjoy the resort. A family of four in a BLT studio is going to be really tight.

But you can walk to the MK which is handy.

I wish we had the points for 1BR!!! I guess we'll see just how tight the room is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter