1st time at BLT - beautiful

alisonslp

DIS Veteran
I was really hesitant because I really don't like post-modern decor but I'm impressed with it. Love the sliding cabinet in the kitchen, though I'm not sure how useful they are for people staying only a week. Shower in the master bath is awesome with the ceiling showerhead. View is beautiful (see pic) I love the fact that there is an actual laundry room - so much quieter. I'm only sorry that we are not staying longer than one night. We move to BCV next.

Oh - one downside is there is not enough chairs at the pool.

Glad you liked it. I am staying there for the first time and really looking forward to it! It really is annoying when you cant get a chair. I have heard that the BLT pool gets really crowded. We will try the CR pool if it gets too busy.

You know the pools chair thing at any resort wouldn't be so bad if people didn't feel like everyone in their party needs a chair. A family of six doesn't need 6 chairs and then spend the time swimming. We are a family of 6 (seven when my Mom goes) and we use one chair to throw all our stuff on and one of us, usually my Mom sits and hangs out. Why do you need a separate chair for each person in your party to throw a towel on and your shoes? This really annoys me, but hey what would a trip be without annoying, self absorbed, rude people?

How was the interior of the unit? We stayed last summer and it did not seem to be holding up well. Lots of nicks, scratches, tears and stains. We loved the building and location though.

You know the pools chair thing at any resort wouldn't be so bad if people didn't feel like everyone in their party needs a chair. A family of six doesn't need 6 chairs and then spend the time swimming. We are a family of 6 (seven when my Mom goes) and we use one chair to throw all our stuff on and one of us, usually my Mom sits and hangs out. Why do you need a separate chair for each person in your party to throw a towel on and your shoes? This really annoys me, but hey what would a trip be without annoying, self absorbed, rude people?

So true. We usually take two chairs for the 5 of us because the kids are in the pool the entire time.

How was the interior of the unit? We stayed last summer and it did not seem to be holding up well. Lots of nicks, scratches, tears and stains. We loved the building and location though.

Well, after really looking around the place, I noticed several items of disrepair - the stainless steel fridge has significant wearing of the finish, the dining table has at least 3 big warps (presumably from people putting hot pans directly on it), The white entertainment stand in the LR has wearing away of the finish as well. I was sitting at the pool looking up at the building and the 2/3 up the building on the very end looked like the outer surface was bubbling. I thought maybe it was a construction tarp at first, made to look like the building but it wasn't.

After staying the night, I still enjoyed my experience here but there are several things that make me think we won't be back: there is only one place to get a drink (at the pool) without walking over to CR. Those sliding doors in the BR and baths are very noisy at night, and the music seems to be pumped around the building for too long (I think I started hearing it at 7:30am and it was going until at least midnight last night.Even with all the doors closed, you can still hear it.

Pros:
- very close to MK - we walked back. If we had know the monorail didn't go directly to MK we would have walked there as well.
- TOTW was great! Lounge was just ok but the view of the fireworks was superb. I was able to get several impressive photos that I would not have been able to take from the ground.
- the electric water parade was cool to see from above.
- dual shower head in the bath
- kids said the pull out beds were comfy

Cons:
-definitely showing wear/tear in out unit and around the pool area. For a resort that is just 1-2 yrs old(?), that's a lot. We have not noticed this with the other DVCs. I wonder if it is because it is so close to MK and there are more DVC'ers staying her than the other places?
- the sliding doors in the units make for noise night trips to the bathroom and probably a safety hazard for little fingers.
-There are two pull out beds but only one blanket was available. It was 2 in the morning (EMH at MK) when we got back so we didn't realize this until it was time for bed. Thankfully, the other beds have blankets and comforters.
-We had a 2 BR (no lockoff) and the 2nd BR did not cool like the rest of the unit. Therefore, we had to have the other two rooms freezing so that the 2nd BR would cool. Another reason to use lock-offs when you can - 2 zones of cooling.

Overall, a good experience. Glad we spent the points but won't do it again. I much prefer Kadani SSR, or BCV.

there is only one place to get a drink (at the pool) without walking over to CR.

We usually split stays at BLT and BCV as well. Best of both worlds for us. But BCV pool doesn't have anywhere to get a drink. Actually I cant think of any WDW pools with more than one place to get a drink, and many have none at all.

We own at BLT (joined 2010) and have only stayed there once, last year. I am anxiously waiting to book for next June at the 11th month window next Sunday. We loved BLT's location and the double resort with CR and all the amenties the two places offer.

We did stay at Kidani last summer we enjoyed our stay it was nice, but my DH and boys loved BLT. They say it was more upbeat and close to so much.

I am personally looking forward to staying at every DVC Resort. I think they probably all have their perks. We will be at HHI this summer and looking forward to that experience.

So far, big BLT fan....but I think DVC does a good job everywhere....:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter