1st stay at BWV

Twingle

DIS Veteran
Hi! My waitlist came through for a BWV studio, pool/garden view for February - I'm participating in the Glass Slipper Challenge :)

This is my first stay at Boardwalk, would love any opinions on what I should request for the room.

Also, I'm a little confused about the dining options. I know that there are a few fantastic restaurants on the Boardwalk, but what is actually in the resort? Thanks for any help!

I think the only thing actually IN the resort is the Belle Vue Room. Offers a continental breakfast in the mornings. And that's on the BWI side.

There is the Boardwalk Bakery with the mug refill station, ESPN, Flying Fish, Kouzzina, Big River Grille, pizza window, a stand that has hot dogs, SeaSide Sweets. All out on the boardwalk. Sorry if I've missed any.

Have fun on your trip!

The Boardwalk is the resort.
From an inside hallway, there is one lounge, otherwise you do have to go outside for the others.

You can get drink refills at the pool bar, the bakery, the sweet shop, the pizza window (I think?) and a coffee cart across from the bakery.

If you are on the DDP, the QS options are the bakery, the puzzle window and the pool bar. The sweet shop has many snack credits.

If paying cash, there are several quick stands on the Boardwalk.

Thanks for the help! I apologize for getting the wording incorrect - I thought BWV was what I should use to refer to the resort, and Boardwalk was the term I used to mean the area around the water.

I think the only thing actually IN the resort is the Belle Vue Room. Offers a continental breakfast in the mornings. And that's on the BWI side.

There is the Boardwalk Bakery with the mug refill station, ESPN, Flying Fish, Kouzzina, Big River Grille, pizza window, a stand that has hot dogs, SeaSide Sweets. All out on the boardwalk. Sorry if I've missed any.

Have fun on your trip!

Love Flying Fish :thumbsup2

I've never had a bad room at Bwv but we usually get bw view. For a garden view our least favorite would be a room that has vegetation (a tree) close to the balcony so the only view is that vegetation.
I like to watch and looking at a tree prevents that.

Hi! My waitlist came through for a BWV studio, pool/garden view for February - I'm participating in the Glass Slipper Challenge :)

This is my first stay at Boardwalk, would love any opinions on what I should request for the room.

Also, I'm a little confused about the dining options. I know that there are a few fantastic restaurants on the Boardwalk, but what is actually in the resort? Thanks for any help!

We love walking over to The Yachtsman from the boardwalk. It's become a 1st night routine for us.

Thanks so much for the replies! My husband and I are at the Yachtsman a few years ago, and it was lovely. Will have to look at the menu for Flying Fish.

Thanks so much for the replies! My husband and I are at the Yachtsman a few years ago, and it was lovely. Will have to look at the menu for Flying Fish.

Another vote for Flying Fish. We have eaten there several times and have always had both excellent food and service. Also love the vibrant dining atmosphere there!

Thanks for the help! I apologize for getting the wording incorrect - I thought BWV was what I should use to refer to the resort, and Boardwalk was the term I used to mean the area around the water.

No worries!!! I own at BWV!! I just don't capitalize boardwalk when I'm speaking about the actual boardwalk that you walk on!!

I love Flying Fish!!! Can't wait to eat there in Sept!! I have had great breakfasts at Spoodles. ESPN is good....it's pretty extensive as far as menu goes. Big River is one I've been to once, and that was years ago. It was fine but just not to my tastes.
I love going to Picabu over at the Dolphin. It's cafeteria style. The food is terrific.

YC/BC have some good options as well. Captain's Grill is good...is that what they still call it now??? Can't remember. I've eaten at Yachtsman several times now and have come away both times more than underwhelmed.
For really incredible beef and service? Head over to Shula's at the Dolphin.

No worries!!! I own at BWV!! I just don't capitalize boardwalk when I'm speaking about the actual boardwalk that you walk on!!

I love Flying Fish!!! Can't wait to eat there in Sept!! I have had great breakfasts at Spoodles. ESPN is good....it's pretty extensive as far as menu goes. Big River is one I've been to once, and that was years ago. It was fine but just not to my tastes.
I love going to Picabu over at the Dolphin. It's cafeteria style. The food is terrific.

YC/BC have some good options as well. Captain's Grill is good...is that what they still call it now??? Can't remember. I've eaten at Yachtsman several times now and have come away both times more than underwhelmed.
For really incredible beef and service? Head over to Shula's at the Dolphin.

Thanks so much for all your help! As an owner, I'd love to hear what you enjoy about the resort - anything I shouldn't miss, since I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to stay there again :)

Thanks so much for all your help! As an owner, I'd love to hear what you enjoy about the resort - anything I shouldn't miss, since I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to stay there again :)

As someone already mentioned, those village green views are wonderful. What do I love about BWV? Hard to say. I love the atmosphere there. It's relaxing. I love the jazzy music on the boardwalk! I love being able to walk to either Epcot or DHS. If it's too hot/humid/rainy? I can take the boat. I love having so many different dining options nearby. I can head over to the S/D or to YC/BC, as well as right at BW. I love relaxing in the Belle Vue Lounge area....so nice and quiet. On departure day, it's nice to sit there, with a cup of coffee and read for a bit.
Some of my favorite Bell Services CMs are at BW..they are terrific!
My dd, now almost 20, had some wonderful experiences at Community Hall...some terrific crafts were made, lots of fun for the kids. We've been able to watch weddings happening over at Sea Breeze Point (dd wants to be married there!!!).

What do I love about BWV? Hard to say. I love the atmosphere there. It's relaxing. I love the jazzy music on the boardwalk! I love being able to walk to either Epcot or DHS. If it's too hot/humid/rainy? I can take the boat. I love having so many different dining options nearby. I can head over to the S/D or to YC/BC, as well as right at BW. I love relaxing in the Belle Vue Lounge area....so nice and quiet. On departure day, it's nice to sit there, with a cup of coffee and read for a bit.
Some of my favorite Bell Services CMs are at BW..they are terrific!

ahhhh, the music :goodvibes
ditto what tink said, as well as the nighttime entertainment, sitting on the back balcony & reading or talking with strangers, having an ice cream cone as illuminations bursts in the sky, walking over to play mini-golf (FGs), dining (& people watching) outside at BRG, sniffing the bakery's smell-o-vision ;) & having to go inside to have some goody, looking around wyland gallery, and on and on.....
the BW has a plethora of both quiet & entertaining options.

When we checked in on a Saturday evening this past June, there was a magician in the lobby. My 8 year old daughter was enthralled by this almost private, close-up magic show. Seeing her have so much fun was the highlight of my trip - I love BWV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter