1st stay at animal kingdom lodge

tam.daelynn

Mouseketeer
we are only staying 2 nights and transferring to poly for 6. We will be staying in a standard studio room, don't think we will upgrade to Savannah view but it's still a possibility. What would be better for our first stay, Kidani or Jambo we will have a car on property and it will be two adults, 6 year old and 14 month old.

Any suggestions? Reccomendation for building/room?

Thanks

We just came off a Jambo House 7 day stay....I am a big fan of it...big lobby, big pool, laid back atmosphere made for a very good stay. If I had only 2 days, I would spend it there vs. Kidani......one guy's choice....

I agree with others, to stay at Jambo.... But would add that you should definitely visit the Kidani side of the resort for their pool area and animal viewing. There is a huge water play area, with slides and splash cannons, etc.. It's very easy to travel between both resorts, as there is a shuttle van that runs continuously between the two. You catch it right outside the front door.

I also prefer Jambo. I haven't stayed at Kidani but have stayed at Jambo twice and loved it. I prefer the DVC resorts attached that are part of a deluxe resort.

In November, we did something very similar with a 6 and 2 year old. We stayed 2 nights at AKV then over to VGF for 6. We opted for Jambo and it was a great choice for us. The resorts are quite large with lots of walking and it seemed like all the activity along with all dining was in Jambo. The lobby at Jambo is very impressive. Pool is slightly better at Kidani, but not worth staying there with young ones. Had a Savannah view and it was definitely worth it for the 2 year old. Good luck!

I agree with previous posters, for just two nights stick to Jambo as everything is there. We live Kidani for longer trips!

Jambo! Stayed a week last summer and LOVED everything about this resort! You'll love it

Since you are in a studio, I vote Jambo too. if you were in a one bedroom or higher I would say Kidani because of the extra bathroom, but I definitely prefer the ambiance at Jambo.

There is limited availability for our last minute trip. Our trips are usually at BLT or GF 1 bedrooms, but it will be only the two of us, maybe a 2 day visitor. Other than the paper plates and small refrigerator, any drawbacks to a Studio Savanna view? Any plus that the BLT studio doesn't have? We tried that once, and besides the paper plates, it was OK. We are not the "we never spend any time in our room, so why pay more?" types. We don't go often, so tend to not mind using the extra points. Never been to Animal Kingdom, except for a Buffet Dinner (so good!) many years ago, before we belonged to DVC. Thanks.

Jambo has a nice LARGE gift shop and the Mara is good for quick service selections. the pool is so nice with 2 hot tubs well screened (don't scare the children!) and they do evening movies at poolside (maybe same at Kidani so check out which movie you like on which night. I like the Sanaa restaurant at Kidani but a bit more formal for the kids so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter