$150 spending money @ Disney.co.uk

wayneg

Just checked last few pages and can't see this posted, let me know if it has and I will delete or merge.

Checking prices for next year I saw they have improved their offer, on top of free DDP plus 42% off OKW/SSR they are now giving $150 spending money, almost covers the tips on a 2 week trip:thumbsup2

I suspect many have been booking with Complete Orlando (I was considering for next year) with this and 3% cashback the difference will be minimal.

http://disneypackages.co.uk/

Thanks wayne will check the difference.

Just compared ours:

21 nights OKW July 21st-Aug 11th & 3 x 21 day Ultimates.

Disney.co.uk
Room £2,835
Tix £822
Discount -£141.75
3% Quidco -£105.46
$150 credit -£92
Cost £3,317 & Magical Extras

Complete Orlando
Room £2,520
Tix £807
Cost £3,327

With the £141 disc, 3% cashback & $150 credit they are now offering our package £10 cheaper than CO.

I might be just being blonde here so be prepared for a very stupid question!

When looking at the "cost your booking page" is the total price with the free dining included? I'm just asking because underneath it it says "Book now and enjoy FREE dining worth £951.72" so i'm not sure if it's deducted from the total price already or not?

I feel really stupid asking this! :laughing:

I made abooking with Disney direct during July when they had the 15% early booking discount offer on.

Not only is the price still the same now (even though the discount offer has finished!) but I could also get the $150 spending money.

Anyway, the question is, is it worth cancelling the original booking or would their be any penalties for doing this?

I'm wondering the same thing, not sure if the alteration fee is £50 each or £50 per booking. The early booking discount was extended till November - no gains for early booking this time!:surfweb:

I might be just being blonde here so be prepared for a very stupid question!

When looking at the "cost your booking page" is the total price with the free dining included? I'm just asking because underneath it it says "Book now and enjoy FREE dining worth £951.72" so i'm not sure if it's deducted from the total price already or not?

I feel really stupid asking this! :laughing:
If you want DDP on your booking they would normally charge you £951.72 on top of the cost of your booking, while free DDP offer is running you can add the DDP without adding an additional £951.72.
My quote above will be an additional £2,141.37 for DDP once the offer has ended.

I made abooking with Disney direct during July when they had the 15% early booking discount offer on.

Not only is the price still the same now (even though the discount offer has finished!) but I could also get the $150 spending money.

Anyway, the question is, is it worth cancelling the original booking or would their be any penalties for doing this?

Thankfully I never believed the 15% early booking discount, I expected the price to stay same until Nov at the earliest, possibly extend it yet thru to March 2012.
Cancellation will cost you £50pp so doubt its worth it. If you booked via Quidco there is a chance you will get to keep the original cashback and get it again on a new booking but probably not worth the risk.
T&C's (11a for cancellations)
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Terms-Conditions.asp

Yes Wayne - you were right not to believe it. However, we were going to book anyway so that's not an issue other than I felt it was not quite as honest as I would like to think Disney ought to be!

If there is a fee for cancellation there is no gain in doing it and I wouldn't like to take the chance with the cashback (Topcashback in my case).

I'll just pretend I never saw it!:sad2:

Yes Wayne - you were right not to believe it. However, we were going to book anyway so that's not an issue other than I felt it was not quite as honest as I would like to think Disney ought to be!

If there is a fee for cancellation there is no gain in doing it and I wouldn't like to take the chance with the cashback (Topcashback in my case).

I'll just pretend I never saw it!:sad2:

You could send a message or ring Disney.co.uk and tell them your feelings and in future you will book with Complete Orlando. Its a long shot but they might add the $150 to your account. They might at least word their offers better next time if they know they are annoying people.

Typical after I made a booking direct earlier this week! Oh well qt least I can put the Quidco cashback toward the spending money.

I really wish we were able to go back next year! Instead we are hoping that free dining will continue for another couple of years as we are hopefully going to go back in 2014 with mum and dad, plus my brother and SIL who didn't come to our wedding. We would love it if we could all stay at OKW in Studios as there is so much to do at the resort, and all the things included in the tickets, that we are showing the family that it doesn't need to be as expensive as they might think to get the full on Disney experience!

. We would love it if we could all stay at OKW in Studios as there is so much to do at the resort, and all the things included in the tickets, that we are showing the family that it doesn't need to be as expensive as they might think to get the full on Disney experience!

We're hoping to stay ay OKW next October (so glad to see this new offer!!) and having the same discussions with my DSis/BIL/Nephew re the price thing!! yes a little more expensive than your usual holiday but when you consider what's included I think a fair price:confused3 it's their 1st time and they just don't seem to get it!! Wish me luck with the convincing think might need some pixiedust:

We're hoping to stay ay OKW next October (so glad to see this new offer!!) and having the same discussions with my DSis/BIL/Nephew re the price thing!! yes a little more expensive than your usual holiday but when you consider what's included I think a fair price:confused3 it's their 1st time and they just don't seem to get it!! Wish me luck with the convincing think might need some pixiedust:

Good Luck :yay:

You could send a message or ring Disney.co.uk and tell them your feelings and in future you will book with Complete Orlando. Its a long shot but they might add the $150 to your account. They might at least word their offers better next time if they know they are annoying people.

You dont happen to know the email address do you please for Disney Customer Services?

I intend to raise an issue myself regarding this offer been released after I had made my latest booking for August 2012.:headache:

I have just checked the small print on this offer and it look like a repeat of an offer a few months ago for flight inclusive travel.

Here is the small print off the Disney site;

$150 Free Disney Spending Money (Please see above for all participating hotels)
Is available for bookings made by 15 November 2011 for stays between 1 January - 26 February, 1 May - 18 November 2012 inclusive.
Each booking must consist of 5 nights or more accommodation at participating Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts, together with a flight and Disney Park ticket per person.
Disney Spending Money will be a Disney Giftcard loaded with $150 dollars worth to be spent in Disney parks and resorts and select US Disney Stores only.
One Giftcard per qualifying booking.
For more information on how Disney Gift Card works please visit: www.disneygiftcard.com

It doesn't make it very clear though on their pages until you click on the T&C's though. I did a dummy quote just though based on our dates and the gift card was included :confused3

I have just checked the small print on this offer and it look like a repeat of an offer a few months ago for flight inclusive travel.

Is available for bookings made by 15 November 2011 for stays between 1 January - 26 February, 1 May - 18 November 2012 inclusive.
Each booking must consist of 5 nights or more accommodation at participating Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts, together with a flight and Disney Park ticket per person.
Disney Spending Money will be a Disney Giftcard loaded with $150 dollars worth to be spent in Disney parks and resorts and select US Disney Stores only.
For more information on how Disney Gift Card works please visit: www.disneygiftcard.com

It doesn't make it very clear though on their pages until you click on the T&C's though. I did a dummy quote just though based on our dates and the gift card was included :confused3

I did a dummy quote too but without flights and the $150 voucher was still applicable!

I didn't see this when I checked yesterday so have had another look on Disney UK travel site and this is what is quoted in T&C's

Disney Spending Money is available for bookings made by 15 November 2011 for stays between 1 January - 26 February, 1 May - 18 November 2012 inclusive. Each booking must consist of 5 nights or more accommodation at participating Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney Park ticket per person when booking either a flight inclusive holiday or a Disney Resort hotel and ticket package. Disney Spending Money will be a Disney Giftcard loaded with $150 dollars worth to be spent in Disney parks and resorts and select US Disney Stores only. You will receive your giftcard with your travel documents prior to travel. A maximum of one giftcard is allowed per booking.

Soo looks like it is still valid on Ticket and hotel package :yay:

I've just had a look again and I'm still seeing the T's and C's as in my previous post :confused3

I've e-mailed Disney as I don't think that either way it is very clear nor do I think it is very fair either, especially for those who booked before the original deal expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter