15%-18% increase

manning

Just for that I have requested it
someone posted this on the resort board. If this is true my DVC puchase is like gold.

"I was told by a reservationist that the annual price increase is approximately 15% to 18%. I was given an approximate price quote of a little over $3,100.00 and the actual price (when the 2007 rates came out) was a little over $3,300.00."

If this is a regular occurrence, then you are right...we're sitting on a gold mine. I tend to think this might be more of a short term blip. Prices could not continue to rise at 15%-18%...in a few years, no one would be able to afford it.

It's also possible that's a forecast for our annual fees. If that increase is due to operating cost increases, than it will also affect the DVC Resorts. :smokin:

MG

Quote:if this is a regular occurrence, then you are right...we're sitting on a gold mine. I tend to think this might be more of a short term blip. Prices could not continue to rise at 15%-18%...in a few years, no one would be able to afford it.

Wish my paycheck would go up that much!! I am getting a 2.5% raise, but my health insurance is going up 2% so, I get a 0.5% raise!!! WOW!!!

DeerH

I've been unofficially tracking the rates since '03 (after 9-11, when travel was in a slump). One of the reasons we did buy DVC.

Rates have risen approx. 10% each year for the resorts i've tracked (values & deluxes-AK & WL standard rooms slightly less).

While i understand the dues are dependent upon maintenance & events (storm damange); just wondering if anyone knows the average overall % that the Dues have increased in the past few years?

Quote:if this is a regular occurrence, then you are right...we're sitting on a gold mine. I tend to think this might be more of a short term blip. Prices could not continue to rise at 15%-18%...in a few years, no one would be able to afford it.

Wish my paycheck would go up that much!! I am getting a 2.5% raise, but my health insurance is going up 2% so, I get a 0.5% raise!!! WOW!!!

DeerH
Don't forget to factor in the raise in your gas prices.:teacher: I pretty much got the same raise and my boss just gushed about how great it was. :confused3

While i understand the dues are dependent upon maintenance & events (storm damange); just wondering if anyone knows the average overall % that the Dues have increased in the past few years?

Ask and you shall receive... DVC Dues History

As you can see, overall the DVC dues have increased a lot less than a 10% average. Less than half that number probably. :thumbsup2

someone posted this on the resort board. If this is true my DVC puchase is like gold.

"I was told by a reservationist that the annual price increase is approximately 15% to 18%. I was given an approximate price quote of a little over $3,100.00 and the actual price (when the 2007 rates came out) was a little over $3,300.00."

I wonder if Magic Express has anything to do with this and if DVC may get with the same....or maybe Disney will let the cash reservations cover us :idea:

Ask and you shall receive... DVC Dues History

As you can see, overall the DVC dues have increased a lot less than a 10% average. Less than half that number probably. :thumbsup2
:) if only RL were so easy...thanks for the quick response.

of all the bills i seem to owe each month, the DVC dues ACH is the only one I don't mind paying.:banana:

that probablys includes the weekend price that will go up.

I would think the price for weekdays would be in the 7% to 10% range like always.

Is anyone else trying to figure out how $3100 to $3300 = a 15-18% increase? - I get 6.5% - perfectly in keeping with regular resort increases year after year.

Is anyone else trying to figure out how $3100 to $3300 = a 15-18% increase? - I get 6.5% - perfectly in keeping with regular resort increases year after year.
Same here. I figured some part of the original quoted story was missing, for example:

"I was told by a reservationist that the annual price increase is approximately 15% to 18%. I was given an approximate price quote of a little over $3,100.00 and the actual price (when the 2007 rates came out) was a little over $3,300.00." Possible missing piece of the story: "So in fact the increase was only 6.5%."

Something definitely doesn't add up (pardon the pun!).

One of the main reasons we originally bought DVC was that given the resorts we preferred, the rising prices would mean only one WDW trip per year. :sad2:
As we got older, we wanted to visit more often. Yes, we pre-paid for any upcoming vacations, but since WDW is our favorite vacation place, by buying in, we now go 3-6 times per year. :yay:

We don't find the dues cumbersome; they're a lot less than our annual travel budget used to be, and given that our first "home" was BWV at $63, even if we decide to sell in the future, I don't think we'd lose too much $. (No, I'm not planning on selling any of our homes; I'm just saying "if"..........:rolleyes1 ).

There have been so many magical "returns" already, that this is the kind of investment I prefer. :goodvibes

Yeah - that was making me wonder, too. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

DeerH

That math only works if your salary and health insurance are the same amount.
For example:
If you're making $1000 a week and you get a 2.5% raise, you'll be making $25 more per week.
If your health insurance is $100 per week, you'll be paying $2 more per week.
Your net increase will be $23 per week or to phrase it differently, your net raise will be 2.3% not 0.5%.
I hope that this makes you feel better.

With the various discounts out there you can get a better cash rate then what the disney rack rates are. So when ever I talk about the "value" of my points I consider this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter