12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mum of two pirates said:
Whats up with Delts. Now I will just be sick if I loose out on our tickets as I havent bought travel ins yet. I still have have to pay off the cruise. $1500, and that is what I had to pay for our air. To have to pay both of those ug. I will not have any spending money at all. whaaaaaaaaaa. I paid for our air with a debit card too. oh me oh my. I guesse I will have to cancel everyones trip but mine, I'll still get to go. I hope. Delta Delta Delta what are you thinking? Just wanted to vent thanks.

i keep hearing about Delta but haven't been keeping up - are they going bankrupt and not honoring tickets? so often it seems the reorganize and everyone pretty much still gets their flights okay. what is the latest with you?

brack said:
I have looked at the Med prices but even if we did go I am NOT cancelling this cruise!!! :yay:

A Med cruise is great. My last Med cruise was on this really big ship, it lasted 7 months and I had airplanes taking off the roof in the middle of the night. :crazy: It was still a great trip though.
:thumbsup2

You are killing me! You are just too much (in a good way!) :thumbsup2

mum of two pirates said:
Whats up with Delts. Now I will just be sick if I loose out on our tickets as I havent bought travel ins yet. I still have have to pay off the cruise. $1500, and that is what I had to pay for our air. To have to pay both of those ug. I will not have any spending money at all. whaaaaaaaaaa. I paid for our air with a debit card too. oh me oh my. I guesse I will have to cancel everyones trip but mine, I'll still get to go. I hope. Delta Delta Delta what are you thinking? Just wanted to vent thanks.

Karen and Brenda--
We're hoping too that Delta doesn't strike and remains in exsistance. We had already bought our air for this cruise. OOOOPS! Now we have a year from the date of issuance (January 25) to rebook for a small fee, so we have plenty of time to reuse them, my concern like yours is that they won't be around when we want them. I've talked to two diferent TAs who both think that either the government won't allow them to cease operations or some other airline will pick them up. That's what I'm choosing to believe at this point. I'm not sure travel insurance would be of any help, most policies have a clause excluding delays caused by labor disputes, or strikes.

Jordan, I am also cruising solo. My good friend Tony was suppose to join me, but he found a new mate and is in Loooove :crazy2:. I am still going, but that is me. :smooth: I hope you are able to make a dicision that feels right for you.

Penny

Thanks for all the replies....For right now I am still going to go. Unless something major happens to derail that. So you're all stuck with me AGAIN.

I may even plan a few days at WDW before the trip. That prospect excites me as there are several resorts I would like to stay at.

This trip we are going to do a few days at the parks after the cruise. Last 2 cruises we did a few days before the cruise and we were so sad leaving the ship on Saturday. This crusie we decided a few days after the cruise at the parks would get us over the "we're sad the cruise is over" hump. That is just our thinking. We want to do the Mickey Christmas Party.

I got a ticker up and running! I was so excited!!! Now I just need to figure out how to add a picture. That will be my next mission.

jordanyosh said:
I may even plan a few days at WDW before the trip. That prospect excites me as there are several resorts I would like to stay at.

Jordan, you will have to join us at the DIS meet at Jellyrolls then. :)

klineyqueen said:
I got a ticker up and running! I was so excited!!! Now I just need to figure out how to add a picture. That will be my next mission.

Congratulations on the ticker! Pictures aren't hard. There are several posts elsewhere on the board that describes it in detail. I use Photobucket because it is very easy to use. :thumbsup2

lbgraves said:
Jordan, you will have to join us at the DIS meet at Jellyrolls then. :)

Lisa I must have missed the post about the meet at Jellrolls. Is there a date and time? :listen: :yay:

I'm in the Big D (Dallas, TX) today visiting my DS and DDIL. He and I are going to this big car show downtown. We love sitting in the Jag's, Crossfire's and other exotic cars. Can't own them but we can look good in a picture in them.

Hope everyone is well.
pixiedust: :surfweb:

Jordan - So glad you still plan to cruise with all of us. This will be our fourth DCL cruise, but the first one without extended family (there were 20 of us last Thanksgiving).
We are used to running into people to hang out with, so you sure are welcome to hang out with us! :thumbsup2

Suzanne

By popular demand, I am officially announcing the 4th Annual Jellyrolls December DISmeet.

Date: Friday, December 8, 2006
Time: 8:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m.

We had such a great time at the Jellyrolls meet on December 2, 2005 that we're all ready to do it again next December! It was a wild and fun night attended by over 50 people, and if the past three years are any indication, this is the must attend meet of the holiday season!

Get ready to join a huge group of DISers for a night of singing, dancing, drinking, and fun! So, get your voices ready, and start practicing your singing! Save those dollars to tip the extremely talented pianomen!

Here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=980214&highlight=dec

Thanks for the iinvite!

We had planned on staying at the airport the night before, but now we have booked our flight (Please, please Delta stay in business!!) and get into MCO at 5:15 PM (instead of 11:30 PM). So looks like we have a few hours to party :cool1:

Sooo - seeing as we are DVC BWV members, have to call MS Monday and see what they have available. :goodvibes

I am doing the Jelly Rolls meet too! I will also be spending at least two evenings at DTD PI in AC and maybe the CC as well. Jordan are you planning to visit Mk for MVMCP? You will have lots of chances to spend time with your disney friends!

Penny

Penny, I may make it Jellyrolls. ESPN is usually where I hang out. Love sports bars........I probably won't do MVMCP. I spent 6 years working at Disneyland and I would have to say the Magic Kingdom is my least favorite park at WDW, but it's just my personal bias and not anything other than that.

Just had to get us off of page 2...again

Quick question? My DB and DSIL will have a new baby when we set sail. Has anyone cruised with a 1 month old baby??? My DB still wants to go. I told him I would get some advice. Anyone....

spoiledbrats3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter