12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbgraves

Little Cinderella's Mommy
John, after we get home from this cruise I am going to have Mike show me how to transfer the VHS to DVD. We have all of our family videos from when the kids were babies. I would love to have those on DVDs. :)

Jhalkias said:
Lisa,

I had to go and lift my mom yesterday because the nurse will not do it when she comes to change her catheter. Having ill parents is really difficult. It is such a role reversal from when we were little. Mom cannot leave her chair in the living room without someone lifting her. Monday I have to get her in a wheelchair and out the door for a doctor visit.

John1

It is tough to watch your parents go through this. My mom had MS and had to be cared for the last 10 years of her life. She died at 46yo

lbgraves said:
John, will they deliver bags to the resort from DTD?

Lisa,

They ship to the gift shop at the resort, but I think it takes at least a day. They do not ship to the rooms anymore. We did this on our last trip and it worked fine, but you have to make sure there is enough time for it to get there.

We will also be there on the return though, LOL for one night.

John1

mum of two pirates said:
NO I havent got the docks. I called costco last wed and told then I still havent gotten then and then asked them to send them to the resort for me. I thought we shouldnt get any though becouse I did all the stuff on line.

Also anyone know. My TA has messed up a few times the latest time being even after I sent her copies of our flight stuff she had DSD on our ressies instead of DH, then when she fixed it she still has him coming in the same day as us and he isnt coming in tell the 2nd. Is this going to matter with ME. Do I need to call them and change it. His laugage tags even say her name and the ta said we will not get new ones. I figure I will just cross out her name and write his. Then we have gotten nothing about our stay after the cruise, Hello where is our paper work for that one. Not happy about it.

You should have gotten the luggage tags even without the docs. They will have them at the port though. How are you getting there from WDW?

Jhalkias said:
Lisa,

They ship to the gift shop at the resort, but I think it takes at least a day. They do not ship to the rooms anymore. We did this on our last trip and it worked fine, but you have to make sure there is enough time for it to get there.

We will also be there on the return though, LOL for one night.

John1

OK then...do they gift wrap at the Disney Store at DTD then?

mum of two pirates said:
NO I havent got the docks. I called costco last wed and told then I still havent gotten then and then asked them to send them to the resort for me. I thought we shouldnt get any though becouse I did all the stuff on line.

Also anyone know. My TA has messed up a few times the latest time being even after I sent her copies of our flight stuff she had DSD on our ressies instead of DH, then when she fixed it she still has him coming in the same day as us and he isnt coming in tell the 2nd. Is this going to matter with ME. Do I need to call them and change it. His laugage tags even say her name and the ta said we will not get new ones. I figure I will just cross out her name and write his. Then we have gotten nothing about our stay after the cruise, Hello where is our paper work for that one. Not happy about it.
I think ME will need to know when he is arriving. :confused3

brack said:
It is tough to watch your parents go through this. My mom had MS and had to be cared for the last 10 years of her life. She died at 46yo

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

lbgraves said:
John, after we get home from this cruise I am going to have Mike show me how to transfer the VHS to DVD. We have all of our family videos from when the kids were babies. I would love to have those on DVDs. :)

That is one thing my little digital camcorder IS good for. Hook it up to VHS, copy to Mini DV, and transfer to my Mac for all our old movies. I did a movie for Alex's graduation that way.

John1

I got the wdw tags and the ME tags, but nothing from the cruise. We are taking the big old lime green dis broken down school bus from wdw to the port. AKA The stretch hummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter