12/04/2010 Eastern MAGIC - CHIP 'N' DALE'S CRUISIN' NUTS

Well, we have been as busy as everyone else sounds! This is the first time I've been able to even look at the boards and I've been trying to catch up. My packing is kinda done, I guess. We head over to the airport in an hour to pick up Donaldsdoll and her DH. Then headed over to Disney Studios so we can see the Osborne Lights and get something to eat this evening. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow and leave the real world for a week.

Here we go....:cheer2:

I'm glad everyone is surviving these final days before we sail. Hectic for all of us, it seems.

To top it all, my Blackberry decided to croak today! I went through the LONG and tedious (sales people and their computer problems - lol) process of switching from AT&T to Verizon and a Droid 2 Global. I don't have time to read the manual or set it up right now, so Frank, if you read this, I may be picking your brain for help next week on general "getting around" stuff!

Due to being tied up for more than a few hours with the unexpected today, I MIGHT not get to the port early. Don't know until the time comes. Vacation commence, please . . . :boat:

Back to all my necessary "chores."

I'm honestly almost speechless. Delta called this morning and changed our 12:00 flight till 2:00. We boarded the plane only to be told the plane had a flat tire and our flight was cancelled. Off the Plane to the help phone. The agent said sorry we can't get you to Daytona until 6:00pm tomorrow. I am so glad the anger came instead of the tears. I told her that was unacceptable as we booked this cruise almost 2 years ago. So now we have a changed car rental for Orlando instead of Daytona a hotel in Orlando for the night which kind of makes up for the non refundable hilton we booked last January. Breakfast and we are flying first class, non stop. So thankful for Rick's medallion status. I need a drink! See you all tomorrow- one way or the other.

OMG - For a minute there you made me fear I'd be dining alone for 7 nights! :eek:

Thank heavens you are getting into Orlando (and first class at that!) and not missing the boat! I can only imagine how you felt at the bleak news of 6 pm. Horrors!

Pixie dust be with you all the way, and I'll see you tomorrow! pixiedust:

Taswira,

If you were eating at the early seating, you'd be more than welcome to eat with us if you need to.

Writing this from the Radisson and am very glad to be able to rest for a while.

WOW, sounds like everyone has been busy.

Since my father passed away just a few weeks ago, it has been non stop go go go. Tough road but looking forward to a break.

Sitting here in Buffalo, flight is bright and early, so wish us luck that all goes well with our same day travels.

Is there still a meet a 3pm? Is a gift a must to attend??

Safe travels everyone, look forward to meeting soon. :cool1:

Meet is still 3pm at Promenade Lounge. I think the majority (myself included) are not doing a gift exchange. The idea is good but a bit late for many of us who have been busier these past few weeks. So please come to the meet. The only thing required to join us is to show up! ;)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Typing from the Radisson :) We got in late went to Kelsies and then this morning.... I snagged HYATT MCO for 59dollars on HOTWIRE for Dec 11 !!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!! LOVING LIFE!!!!!:cheer2:

Great pick! I'm watching tv and going to head out around 9:50 or so to return the car and catch the rental shuttle to the port.

I can hear Tianna singing "almost there"!

Driving the rental car from Orlando to Daytona to get our suitcases :( then to the ship. Not as planned but hopefully we will be there in time for the meet.

Well you all sailed off today. Was a little sad as originally I was booked to go on this cruise with my good friend Taswira.

BUT, I did watch the TwoPalms cam to see the Magic go by (at 5:22 PM) so I could wave to Taswira. I tried to do a snapshot but the cam refreshed wrong and all I really could get was the front of the ship and by the time it refreshed again it was just the back end.

But I was waving at you like a crazy woman!

Smiles,

Holly

Thank you everyone for a great week. We loved the Fe gifts and seeing so many friendly faces on the ship. Hope everyone had a wonderful time.

Got home and am trying to pay bills, catch up with a week's worth of technology, do chores and errands for my mom (Yes, she survived the week - lol).

Want to say THANK YOU to all the Cruisin' Nuts and a special thanks to those who were so thoughtful in giving me such nice birthday or FE gifts, even though I did not do the FE. This turned out to be such a Murphy's Law cruise (so much went wrong that it was almost laughable!) that your thoughfulness meant so much and brought a smile to my face. Also a special thanks to Frank for saving my relationship with my Droid - haha. He knows what I'm talking about. ;)

My utmost apologies for the state of Cruisin' Nuts activities. As some know, my Blackberry died the day before we sailed and I was forced to buy a new phone (and switched from AT&T to Verizon). EVERYTHING had been on my Blackberry, including cruiser list with room numbers, etc. I was SO lost. Didn't even manage to set up new voicemail before leaving. I'll get to that today.

Also, if any of you have photos you would like to put on our website, or if you have your own trip gallery on the web and would like me to post the link on our site, PM me and we'll coordinate. Just give me at least a few days to catch up here and recover.

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of vacation if it's still going on, and a good and safe journey home. pixiedust:

Taswira,

It was great meeting you - give me a PM or email (I'll PM you with it) anytime if you have any questions. Also met BeachPartyof3 - wish I bumped into you more than just the terminal and a few times onboard. (forgive me if I missed anyone, I'm still sorting out what happened and was too tired from having fun for full notes).

I'm in my room here at POFQ and looking at a rainy day tomorrow (perfect time to do some laundry at the villa my sister rented). Met up with them at the Rainforest Cafe and gave them the stuff we bought in St. Maarten/St. Thomas.

I managed to get a dummy (or not) cruise booked on the Dream in 2012 (we'll see, but I had to get the discount locked in). Picked a corner oceanview stateroom with that unique view of the front of the ship, 7504.

My Mom really enjoyed herself. BTW, Pub Night on the last night was hilarious! Got to meet a member of the cruise staff that was on the Wonder, but is now on the Magic with the same energy.

Hey Everyone,

We all loved the FE gifts, this was our first time doing it, and now we are hooked.

Sorry I was not around much, I stayed in my room after returning from St Thomas. I believe there was a bug going around the ship and I caught it. So I secluded myself from my family and everyone else. I only went down for dinner.

My throat is still on fire. Thank God I was in a suite.

Again, thanks for all the great FE gifts.

Sorry I was not around much, I stayed in my room after returning from St Thomas. I believe there was a bug going around the ship and I caught it. So I secluded myself from my family and everyone else. I only went down for dinner. My throat is still on fire. Thank God I was in a suite.
I felt fine throughout the cruise but got home and suddenly could hardly swallow. My throat is very red, swollen and painful. I'm glad I didn't get sick on the cruise, but obviously caught someone's bug. I did notice my room host using a surgical face mask when going into certain nearby staterooms, so I imagine some dreadful bug was making its way around the ship. I was appalled at how many people walked around with a hacking cough and never covered their mouths, especially at dining. If the servers are exposed, their guests are also.

I can't take any worthwhile antibiotics so will just have to hope this goes away. Very busy week ahead . . .

Stay healthy everyone!

The weird thing is, no coughing, no congestion, just as severe sore throat that I still have.

The weird thing is, no coughing, no congestion, just as severe sore throat that I still have.
Same here. My throat is killing me, but I also feel like someone pulled the plug on my energy, plus I have zero appetite. Nothing else though. I'm hoping to get over this immediately as I have a lot on my plate this week in addition to meeting up with a friend from England who leaves later in the week. I haven't even felt like being online much . . too TIRED . . or rather . . totally DRAINED of energy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter