11month reservation query

LisaStockman

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

We are planning our first trip over to SSP (our home resort) in Sept/October next year and I have a question as to when we can make our reservation.

We are planning Sept 26th-October 7th at SSP (Studio) 12nights then possibly OKW (1 Bedroom) Oct 8th-Oct 12th 5 nights or maybe BW.

Could anyone tell me what the first date is that I can make my email reservation for SSP?

Many thanks
Lisa

As SSR is your home resort, you can make your reservation 11 months from your check-out date.

So, if you want to book the whole SSR portion of your stay (Sep 26th to Oct 7th 2006) in one go, you can call on November 8th 2005 :)

However, if you plan on calling day-by-day (normally only necessary for hard-to-get accommodations at busy times), you could call for the first day of your planned stay on October 27th 2005.

Hi,
If you are booking at your home resort you can make a reservation any time within 11 months of your check-out date (Nov 7th 2005 in your case )
If you booking at a resort where you don't have points then it's 7 months.
If you are a booking a unit with low availibilty (grand villa for instance) or at peak times you might be as well booking each day of your stay on a day by day basis to ensure you get you what you want.

Mick.

:smooth:

Lisa - have you got this great DVC planner, written by a (wonderful) DIS member?

If you put in the dates you're planning, go to Feature and choose "Show Vacation Report" it gives you all sorts of useful info. You can then click on 11 month and 7 month to find out when you can book!

Thanks Becky,

It all makes more sense now.
Can't wait to book our first trip to SSR as DVC members.
Have you any tips on how I would find out the preferable buildings to stay in at SSR or any members I could contact that would be able to advise me

Thanks
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We are SSR members and as to which bit you may prefer will depend on your needs.

We like the Congress Park area - a 10 minute walk to DTD, lovely quiet pool. Great views of DTD (if you are given a room on that side). Somewhere between a 6 to 10 minute walk to the main pool, restaurant (so this is a drawback for some people - we quite enjoy the stroll)

The Springs area - very convenient for the main pool, restaurant & shop. Further to walk to DTD (or you can get the bus).

The Paddock is the next area to open but is not yet (I think) open.

Does that help? Any questions please ask away :)

Karen

Thanks
I think we would prefer to stay in the Congress Park buildings opposite DTD.
Which building do you think we shoudl request and we would love a studio overlooking DTD.

Thank again for you comments

Lisa :earsgirl:

LisaStockman said:
Thanks
I think we would prefer to stay in the Congress Park buildings opposite DTD.
Which building do you think we shoudl request and we would love a studio overlooking DTD.

Thank again for you comments

Lisa :earsgirl:
I'm not sure that requesting a particular building will help you - we were in Congress Park last month in a great building, but we had no DD view (unless you count a sideways squint from the balcony to catch a glimpse of the end of the Cirque du Soleil 'tent'! ;) ). The view of our courtyard and the quiet pool were very pleasant, but certainly didn't have the impact a great DD view would have.

If the view is important to you, then make that your no. 1 request :) We decided that non-smoking and top floor were our priorities and restricted our requests to that, but were so pleased to have been allocated our room in CP as that's where I would chooseto be, too. :cool1:

It is the time that you get to the resort that determines whether you get your request met or not. Not particularly helpful to us in the UK as we will always get to the resort after "tea time" unless you stay somewhere else first!!

Good luck

Susan

Hi,
I can honestly say that in 5 years of DVC membership I have never been allocated a room that matched my request whatever time I check in. Indeed it is usually the complete opposite. So my advice if you want to see DTD from your room, request a ground floor room at the back..!!.. :rotfl2:

Mick.

mark&sue said:
It is the time that you get to the resort that determines whether you get your request met or not. Not particularly helpful to us in the UK as we will always get to the resort after "tea time" unless you stay somewhere else first!!

Good luck

Susan

does that apply to if you have requested a room with disabled facilities. :(

If the request is for medical reasons they are honoured.

I got my SSR DTD view with bath tub when I booked less than a week before I went, but checked in at around 2.00 p.m.

Has anyone got their request for DTD checking in after the plane lands, clearing customs, picking up car and arriving at WDW at around 6.00 ish?

We were thinking of staying somewhere else the first few nights in order to get DTD view but now not so sure it is essential so long as we get our bath tubs!!!

Susan

When we arrived we didn't get a view of DTD as we requested, so we checked when one with the view would be available. One was free for the next night, so we paid a fee (can't remember exactly how much, maybe $30 to $50) and swapped rooms the next day.

Unfortnately as others have said above, because the flights from the UK arrive so late in the day the most requested rooms have usually gone by then :sad:

oh well :( we were really looking forward to a DTD view so my DS could see the fireworks from his bed. and as we are also from the UK or flight doesn't get in until 5 there is no chance.

I really don't think you can say there is no chance. It depends on a number of different variables inclusing depending on what ressie system they are running at the time, ie "room ready" or "preassigned".

We are not getting to WDW until 5pm or so and as it's a Saturday I really did not want to use 50 points for a studio at BWV (especially as we aren't arriving until late!). So we are spending one night at CBR and then will check in the next day earlier than would have been possible the night before.

I do know this won't suit everyone but just thought I would mention it :)

I must admit I tend to keep an open mind about what view I get as it will be a nice suprise then, whatever. I mean this for any WDW resort, not just DVC. There are very few "bad" views at SSR due to the way it's laid out, IMHO.

Hi,
As I said earlier I have never received any request I made, so much so I don't even bother asking now. This includes checking in first thing in the morning (after a cruise) early afternoon and late afternoon. As hotels point out they are requests and are not guaranteed.

Mick.

mickg7dyd said:
Hi,
As I said earlier I have never received any request I made, so much so I don't even bother asking now. This includes checking in first thing in the morning (after a cruise) early afternoon and late afternoon. As hotels point out they are requests and are not guaranteed.

Mick.

Mick - I quite agree. This is why I say I have no expectation and then whatever I get will be a nice surprise. Most rooms have a pro of some description, right?

I just don't think it is right to say there is "no chance", that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter