11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Copenhagen ending in Southampton Aug. 08, 2023 - Aug. 19, 2023

Thanks for the excursion tip! I was able to book interesting stuff sprinkled throughout the ports so that was huge!

We missed out on the lego house excursion though and we really want to do that so I’ leaning toward buying tickets to lego house and just taking an Uber or taxi.
The Lego one sold out super fast. I couldn't talk my husband into doing it, however, as it just doesn't seem like you would be able to get everything done in one day. He keeps saying we will just go to the one in CA and I keep saying that one stinks :rotfl2:
We are actually staying in town in Fredericia because there is a huge fair going on that day in town so we will wander the booths and try some local food.

Hello, everyone. We are also on this cruise. It will be me, my mother, and my son (who is celebrating his 15th birthday on the cruise). It's our third Disney cruise and our first Europe cruise. We are arriving in Copenhagen the day before and staying in a local hotel. Once we get to Southampton, I need to figure out a way to get back to London where we are staying with a friend for a couple of days. We are late to book this cruise so we don't have good excursions. booo.
Hello! Our family is all over the place. My elderly in-laws (+80) will be there first cruise EVER! So, it should be exciting (and interesting). We also will have a 3 y.o. first time cruiser so she should be excited to just run all over. Sadly, she is not potty trained, so she will be with me a lot! This will be my wife and 10 y.o.'s second Disney Cruise so they are very excited! This will also be my second official Disney Cruise too. So, I am very excited!

I wanted to do the Lego House too but it was all full when it was my turn. Its ok though because I will get to spend more time chasing after my 3 y.o. But I think she will just laydown under the soft serve machine with her mouth open and just ask me to turn on the tap.

We also have no clue about how to get to London because I have been too busy with work. lol. So, I hope my wife will figure something out.

Hello! Since I’m inexperienced, I was wondering if anyone knows the process of arrival, checking in & getting onboard? My time is 1pm and I was planning to get a car to drop my family of 6 off. What time should we arrive? Should we get there right at 1pm or get there an hour or two early?
We don’t mind standing in line. I just want to make sure my in-laws are taken care off by reducing stress and confusion.
I have only boarded from San Diego and there is a CM outside the terminal that checks your time and won’t let you enter the terminal until it is your time. I am wondering if anyone has experience at the Copenhagen port? Thank you so much.

Hello! Since I’m inexperienced, I was wondering if anyone knows the process of arrival, checking in & getting onboard? My time is 1pm and I was planning to get a car to drop my family of 6 off. What time should we arrive? Should we get there right at 1pm or get there an hour or two early?
We don’t mind standing in line. I just want to make sure my in-laws are taken care off by reducing stress and confusion.
I have only boarded from San Diego and there is a CM outside the terminal that checks your time and won’t let you enter the terminal until it is your time. I am wondering if anyone has experience at the Copenhagen port? Thank you so much.
If you have a 1pm PAT (port arrival time) then you definitely cannot arrive 2 hours early. I don't know how strict they are being at Copenhagen but arriving early will just mean you sit around for a long time.

Hello, first time on Disney Cruise meets! We are also on the cruise. Sailing with my DH and DDs (7 & 5 yrs). Excited for overseas traveling since COVID. This'll be our 10th DC & 6th to Europe. We are also flying to London and then traveling to CPH the day before the cruise. We'll be staying at airport hotels before and after.

Hello, first time on Disney Cruise meets! We are also on the cruise. Sailing with my DH and DDs (7 & 5 yrs). Excited for overseas traveling since COVID. This'll be our 10th DC & 6th to Europe. We are also flying to London and then traveling to CPH the day before the cruise. We'll be staying at airport hotels before and after.
Welcome! We are flying into London Gatwick on Aug 3rd (well we fly out on the 2nd but land on the 3rd lol) and staying near there for our 'base' til we fly to CPH on Aug 6th for 2 nights. Staying one night back near Gatwick after the cruise as well.

If you have a 1pm PAT (port arrival time) then you definitely cannot arrive 2 hours early. I don't know how strict they are being at Copenhagen but arriving early will just mean you sit around for a long time.
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. I will aim for like 15 to 30 min early then. I figure getting all the luggage and people out will be like 10 minutes. lol.

Welcome! We are flying into London Gatwick on Aug 3rd (well we fly out on the 2nd but land on the 3rd lol) and staying near there for our 'base' til we fly to CPH on Aug 6th for 2 nights. Staying one night back near Gatwick after the cruise as well.
Thank you for the welcome! We wanted to fly out the 4th, but will be flying out the 5th to Heathrow, then flying to CPH on August 7th & staying at an airport hotel to take the Disney transfer to the port. We'll be getting to the port pretty early since that was prescheduled, so unfortunately a lot of waiting around for us until embarkation. Staying 1 night near Heathrow after the cruise as well, using a Disney transfer to get us from Southampton to the airport.

Hello everyone. This will be our third Disney cruise and first European.
Hello! Our family is all over the place. My elderly in-laws (+80) will be there first cruise EVER! So, it should be exciting (and interesting). We also will have a 3 y.o. first time cruiser so she should be excited to just run all over. Sadly, she is not potty trained, so she will be with me a lot! This will be my wife and 10 y.o.'s second Disney Cruise so they are very excited! This will also be my second official Disney Cruise too. So, I am very excited!

I wanted to do the Lego House too but it was all full when it was my turn. Its ok though because I will get to spend more time chasing after my 3 y.o. But I think she will just laydown under the soft serve machine with her mouth open and just ask me to turn on the tap.

We also have no clue about how to get to London because I have been too busy with work. lol. So, I hope my wife will figure something out.
We bought tickets from the Southampton central train station to Waterloo station in London. I think it is about an hour and twenty minutes and we paid around 50 pounds for the family (dad, mom, dd 14, ds 11). They go every 30 minutes but I read they can be a lot more expensive if you don’t prebuy. One website gave odd errors because we didn’t have a UK address but another worked. No promises it is the best plan but the trains generally worked well for me a summer I lived there in my younger years.

The Lego one sold out super fast. I couldn't talk my husband into doing it, however, as it just doesn't seem like you would be able to get everything done in one day. He keeps saying we will just go to the one in CA and I keep saying that one stinks :rotfl2:
We are actually staying in town in Fredericia because there is a huge fair going on that day in town so we will wander the booths and try some local food.
I’ll google it. I am curious about the fair. Legoland is maybe 50 minutes by car from the port, so I was thinking about doing a taxi. I haven’t decided if I want to have to worry about watching the clock to make sure we are back in time doing it on our own, though.

We are buying Lego house tickets independently (I’m going to get them today) and will take a taxi or Uber on our own.

As for traveling back to London- we will take the train like farnoogler and I will also try to buy those tickets today.

Safe travels everyone! We just landed in London today for a few days before flying to Copenhagen on Sunday 😀

We are buying Lego house tickets independently (I’m going to get them today) and will take a taxi or Uber on our own.

As for traveling back to London- we will take the train like farnoogler and I will also try to buy those tickets today.
how early are you planning to buy your tickets for. Any idea what happens if you are late for the scheduled time?

how early are you planning to buy your tickets for. Any idea what happens if you are late for the scheduled time?
I went online to buy tickets yesterday and decided to check the Disney excursion one final time and…. There were open spots in the Disney excursion! So we booked the Disney version. It’s definitely more expensive than doing it on your own but safer for all the reasons that you already know. so unfortunately, I can’t answer your question about what happens if you don’t arrive at your entry time but I suspect you could call them and find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter