11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Copenhagen ending in Southampton Aug. 08, 2023 - Aug. 19, 2023

Disneygirlxo91

Mouseketeer
Is anyone else booked on the
11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Copenhagen ending in Southampton with Silver Anniversary at Sea Aug. 08, 2023 - Aug. 19, 2023?

This will be my 8th Disney Cruise, first European cruise though! Very much looking forward to it.

Yay!! We are booked on this cruise, it will be our 11th (hello Platinum!) and first to Europe. We are from Vancouver BC, traveling will be myself, DH and our two daughters who will be 12 and 14 (our oldest turns 15 the third day of the cruise 🤩). Are you doing any touring before or after? We are flying into London on Aug 4th before flying over to Copenhagen on the 6th. After the cruise we have one more night in London before flying home.

Yay!! We are booked on this cruise, it will be our 11th (hello Platinum!) and first to Europe. We are from Vancouver BC, traveling will be myself, DH and our two daughters who will be 12 and 14 (our oldest turns 15 the third day of the cruise 🤩). Are you doing any touring before or after? We are flying into London on Aug 4th before flying over to Copenhagen on the 6th. After the cruise we have one more night in London before flying home.
Our flight to London arrives the am of the 7th and we fly to Copenhagen on the am of the 7th and we will spend that afternoon exploring, and at the end of the cruise we will have 1 night in London before flying back to the US.

How is everyone doing with booking airfare and hotels etc? We booked roundtrip flights to Gatwick with BA at the end of January and then this past weekend we added our commuter flight to Copenhagen from Gatwick on Norwegian. Trying not to faint dead away at the price of flights :scared: :rotfl2:
As for hotels, we have two booked near Gatwick on both ends (one is a Holiday Inn and the other is a Travelodge) and will take the train into London to do exploring on either side of the cruise. In Copenhagen we have the CabInn Copenhagen booked ( a block from the Tivoli Hotel). I still need to call DCL to book transfers from Southhampton but I'm debating on using them for transfers to the cruise terminal or trying to just get a taxi??

Hi everyone! We are going too! Me, DH, & DD (11 almost 12 at sailing). We are also traveling with my parents. This will be my and DH’s 7th Disney cruise, 3rd to Europe. DD’s 4th (incl. Norway & Alaska).
We are flying into Copenhagen a few days early to explore. Booked at The Square hotel with a Tivoli package. On the way back we booked the transfers from Southampton through Disney. We need to book it home for the first day of school!

Hello! My family booked this cruise. It will be my in-laws and 3 y.o. first cruise EVER. It will be my wife, daughter. and I's second Disney Cruise.
We are super excite. But I am overwhelmed with the planning.
We also plan to fly to London and then to Copenhagen. Still need to get all the hotels and flights. The idea is to somehow get to Copenhagen on 8/6 so we have a day to rest on 8/7.
It just seems like such a big group with young child and elderly in-laws (that doesn't speak English) that is kinda stressing me out a bit. But it will be fine........I think.

Last edited:
How is everyone doing with booking airfare and hotels etc? We booked roundtrip flights to Gatwick with BA at the end of January and then this past weekend we added our commuter flight to Copenhagen from Gatwick on Norwegian. Trying not to faint dead away at the price of flights :scared: :rotfl2:
As for hotels, we have two booked near Gatwick on both ends (one is a Holiday Inn and the other is a Travelodge) and will take the train into London to do exploring on either side of the cruise. In Copenhagen we have the CabInn Copenhagen booked ( a block from the Tivoli Hotel). I still need to call DCL to book transfers from Southhampton but I'm debating on using them for transfers to the cruise terminal or trying to just get a taxi??
Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking, as this is our second Disney Cruise. Do you mind explaining what you mean by "transfers from Southhampton"? Is that an option to book through Disney so when you disembark from Southhampton Port they take you to your hotel new Gatwick?
For background, my first Disney Cruise was just driving to the port at San Diego that is about 2.5 hours away, so I am not familiar with transfers from Disney.

Since this is our second Disney Cruise, we can't check in until 30 days prior and I have no idea what my boarding time will be, probably in the afternoon. :( And in terms of activities, I have no clue when we can book excursions and activities

Out of curiosity, questions for anyone, how do you plan to get to the cruise port at the morning/ day of August 8th? Taxi? Bus? And also, do you know what kind of activities and excursions might be available and what do you plan to reserve?

For us, I am 99% sure we will just stick with main dining + what's at the pool deck and buffet, so no fancy dining for us.

Thanks to anyone any help.

Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking, as this is our second Disney Cruise. Do you mind explaining what you mean by "transfers from Southhampton"? Is that an option to book through Disney so when you disembark from Southhampton Port they take you to your hotel new Gatwick?
For background, my first Disney Cruise was just driving to the port at San Diego that is about 2.5 hours away, so I am not familiar with transfers from Disney.

Since this is our second Disney Cruise, we can't check in until 30 days prior and I have no idea what my boarding time will be, probably in the afternoon. :( And in terms of activities, I have no clue when we can book excursions and activities

Out of curiosity, questions for anyone, how do you plan to get to the cruise port at the morning/ day of August 8th? Taxi? Bus? And also, do you know what kind of activities and excursions might be available and what do you plan to reserve?

For us, I am 99% sure we will just stick with main dining + what's at the pool deck and buffet, so no fancy dining for us.

Thanks to anyone any help.
Hi, happy to help with what I can :)

So yes we have booked the transfers (so a bus/motor coach) from Southampton cruise terminal to the Gatwick airport. The cost is $75 per person. You need to call DCL to add these. On the morning of the cruise we are just planning to take a taxi from our hotel in Copenhagen to the cruise port.

As for booking activities, since you are now Silver your booking window for excursions and such opens on May 10th at midnight eastern (so if you are, say, on the west coast like us that would be 9pm pacific on May 9th). We are Platinum so our window opened on April 10th. We booked excursions, two drink tastings, Palo brunch and Remy dinner. As for your port arrival time, everyone regardless of their castaway level checks in at the 30 day mark so you won't necessarily get a late afternoon PAT, it's up for grabs for everyone! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Hi, happy to help with what I can :)

So yes we have booked the transfers (so a bus/motor coach) from Southampton cruise terminal to the Gatwick airport. The cost is $75 per person. You need to call DCL to add these. On the morning of the cruise we are just planning to take a taxi from our hotel in Copenhagen to the cruise port.

As for booking activities, since you are now Silver your booking window for excursions and such opens on May 10th at midnight eastern (so if you are, say, on the west coast like us that would be 9pm pacific on May 9th). We are Platinum so our window opened on April 10th. We booked excursions, two drink tastings, Palo brunch and Remy dinner. As for your port arrival time, everyone regardless of their castaway level checks in at the 30 day mark so you won't necessarily get a late afternoon PAT, it's up for grabs for everyone! Let me know if you have any more questions :)
Thanks for your reply and help! I was wondering what type of excursions are available? Like are they trips to museums or trips to the city/town for couple of hours? With a 3 y.o., we are definitely not doing fine dining. Lol. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for your reply and help! I was wondering what type of excursions are available? Like are they trips to museums or trips to the city/town for couple of hours? With a 3 y.o., we are definitely not doing fine dining. Lol. Thanks for the info!
You can look at all the port adventures on the DCL website before booking.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/

Scroll down to Northern Europe and then you can filter them by port. Keep in mind that eventhough they are listed on the DCL website, not all of them will actually be offered. So have a back up or two in each port. For example, in Amsterdam, Oslo and Bruges we had to go with our #2 choices. With a 3 year old you will also come across age restrictions for some of the excursions and there are also adult-only ones as well (those are mostly to breweries etc).

You can look at all the port adventures on the DCL website before booking.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/

Scroll down to Northern Europe and then you can filter them by port. Keep in mind that eventhough they are listed on the DCL website, not all of them will actually be offered. So have a back up or two in each port. For example, in Amsterdam, Oslo and Bruges we had to go with our #2 choices. With a 3 year old you will also come across age restrictions for some of the excursions and there are also adult-only ones as well (those are mostly to breweries etc).
Wow! Thank you so much! I didn’t even know! This is super helpful. I totally understand what you mean by having multiple choices and not all things are available and fully understand I’ll just be staring at my 3 y.o. even if we sign up for excursion. Lol. Thank you again!

So yes we have booked the transfers (so a bus/motor coach) from Southampton cruise terminal to the Gatwick airport. The cost is $75 per person. You need to call DCL to add these.
Sorry to trouble you. I have more questions. Do you know if the transfer only take you to airports? Or do they take you to trains stations too? And will you be getting separate transportation from Gatwick to your hotel (since it should be pretty easy)? Thank you again.

Sorry to trouble you. I have more questions. Do you know if the transfer only take you to airports? Or do they take you to trains stations too? And will you be getting separate transportation from Gatwick to your hotel (since it should be pretty easy)? Thank you again.
The DCL transfers will only take you to Heathrow, Gatwick or to the Disney appointed/approved hotels in London. They won't drop you at train stations or anywhere else.
After we get dropped at Gatwick we are taking the Gatwick Hoppa which is a bus that goes from Gatwick to several local area hotels near Gatwick. Our plan is to drop our luggage and then take a train back into London to spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening exploring before going back to our hotel for the night.

The DCL transfers will only take you to Heathrow, Gatwick or to the Disney appointed/approved hotels in London. They won't drop you at train stations or anywhere else.
After we get dropped at Gatwick we are taking the Gatwick Hoppa which is a bus that goes from Gatwick to several local area hotels near Gatwick. Our plan is to drop our luggage and then take a train back into London to spend the rest of the afternoon and early evening exploring before going back to our hotel for the night.
Thank you so much! I honestly have learned more from you than the website. The DCl website is a little overwhelming. I might give them a call to see how much it would cost to go to Heathrow.

We will only have one full day at Copenhagen, which is more like a rest/ jetlag transition day thing. I recall you are staying at Cabinn Copenhagen. I am staying at Cabinn City. It definitely looks like a much older place but it looks to be closer to the main train station which might be useful on the one full day to just get around with my in-laws and 3 y.o.
Pre-Covid, I did a solo trip and stayed at Cabinn Copenhagen and I liked it.

I am going to send that link of potential activities for the ports to my wife to look at (Thank you again). After booking flights and hotels, etc, I am pooped for a bit and a much emptier wallet. lol. I will let my wife handle the excursions & activities for our 5 (maybe 6) days at London.

Thank you again for your help and I am super looking forward to the trip. It will be a nice break from work and something to look forward to!

Hello, everyone. We are also on this cruise. It will be me, my mother, and my son (who is celebrating his 15th birthday on the cruise). It's our third Disney cruise and our first Europe cruise. We are arriving in Copenhagen the day before and staying in a local hotel. Once we get to Southampton, I need to figure out a way to get back to London where we are staying with a friend for a couple of days. We are late to book this cruise so we don't have good excursions. booo.

Hello, everyone. We are also on this cruise. It will be me, my mother, and my son (who is celebrating his 15th birthday on the cruise). It's our third Disney cruise and our first Europe cruise. We are arriving in Copenhagen the day before and staying in a local hotel. Once we get to Southampton, I need to figure out a way to get back to London where we are staying with a friend for a couple of days. We are late to book this cruise so we don't have good excursions. booo.
Welcome! Our oldest daughter is also turning 15 during this cruise :cheer2: Apparently some more excursions were just added to our cruise (as in just this morning) so if you haven't taken a look in the past few days, check again. Lots of people are also just doing their own thing in many of the ports. We have a mix, some DCL excursions and some ports we are doing on our own.

Welcome! Our oldest daughter is also turning 15 during this cruise :cheer2: Apparently some more excursions were just added to our cruise (as in just this morning) so if you haven't taken a look in the past few days, check again. Lots of people are also just doing their own thing in many of the ports. We have a mix, some DCL excursions and some ports we are doing on our own.
Thanks for the excursion tip! I was able to book interesting stuff sprinkled throughout the ports so that was huge!

We missed out on the lego house excursion though and we really want to do that so I’ leaning toward buying tickets to lego house and just taking an Uber or taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter