11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mina (jd99)

Just a question regarding your tickers, where in Maui are you going? My hubby and I stayed at the Four Seasons for our tenth anniversary three years ago and have been dreaming of going back. We absolutely LOVED Hawaii!

Also what is VWL??

Howdy all,
I watched another great sunrise this morning. Got up at 5:30 a.m. which is about normal for me.

Linda is in Nashville right now on her trip, I hope she is having a blast and I will be anxious to hear about her trip when she returns late next week.

Greg got the curtains hung in the tropical bedroom, so we are making progress. Next wednesday the mattress and box springs arrives, then I can start to find some decorative things for that room and our room.

I think we will be going to WDW this afternoon to enjoy the flower and garden festival and to see a concert, so I may not be back this evening.

I know your all cheering, HOORAY!! We won't have listen to her rambling on for the day;)

I expect to see a few posts when ever I do get back on line!! Shell, Jeff, Have a great time tonight!!:thumbsup2

Good Morning All:

Sitting at soccer doing nothing but looking for a rental car for July. Also harranging Trey about going in November.

I can't believe no one wants a kidney. :)

Hey Mina (jd99)

Just a question regarding your tickers, where in Maui are you going? My hubby and I stayed at the Four Seasons for our tenth anniversary three years ago and have been dreaming of going back. We absolutely LOVED Hawaii!

Also what is VWL??

Actually, Jeff is the poster in the family! :-) We are going to stay at the Fairmont Kea Lani for the first week and then the Hyatt Kaanapali for the second week. We stayed at the Four Seasons a few years ago and it is a great hotel but we had always wanted to try the Kea Lani. Maui is our favorite place on earth and we honeymooned there and have been back 4 times since. Our daughter Elizabeth (now 8) has even been there 3 times already. Travel is our family's big vice. And VWL is Villas at Wildnerness Lodge - we are DVC members and our home resort is the Beach Club Villas but this time we are staying at Wilderness for the first time.

Just so you know, I told Elizabeth that there was another little girl who will be 9 on the cruise and she was very excited and asked "can I email her?" -- We are going to PM you later this weekend.

Good evening everyone,

we wound up spending several hours at a giant flea market today, so will have to hit WDW tomarrow. My legs are too tired to do it tonight.

We found 2 paintings for the tropical bedroom, one picture and a western tapestry for our room. We got some great fresh fruit at the farmers market oo!!;)

I got some cloth doilies to go under the hurricane lamps in the bedroom and a runner to match for each dresser. So it turned out to be a good day. Got a few odds and ends too.

Now my feet are tired, so going to rest tonight and hit WDW for concert tomarrow afternoon.
It was a good day over all.:thumbsup2

I will try to check in before we take off tomarrow!!

have a great evening all,
Kathy

Hello everyone! This is my first official posting, though I have been behind the scenes with jd99 as my husband. Many of you know me as Mina.

We just returned from a great dinner with Shell and Bill!

Look forward to more postings as we get closer to our cruise!

Welcome Danielle and family!

Have a good night all!
:banana:

Good morning, Banana Heads :banana: :banana: :banana:

We had an awesome time with Jeff and Mina last night. The waitress came to our table about 3 times asking if we were ready to order, and every time, we had barely read the menu because we couldn't stop talking ... so I told her, "We haven't seen each other since November!" and to give us a few minutes :lmao: Apparently we had some sort of influence over Mina because as you can see above, she got a login and joined the board!

Pretty day on tap here ... so I think I'll work on that tan :cool1:

Howdy everyone,

Mina, I am so happy you decided to start posting. We need more "ladies" here. It is always great to have another person to yak with:goodvibes
I challenge you to reach 500 posts by the cruise:wizard:

I know you can do it!!!:thumbsup2

Glad to hear you all had a great time at dinner.

Heading off to Epcot in just a few minutes. Going to hear Peter and Gordon in concert this evening as part of the Flower and Garden festival.

Enjoy the day everyone:love:

Morning everyone....
Just wanted to say I had a great time last night too (thanks Jeff and Mina).... these cruise reunions are pretty nice---cant wait for all the future ones coming up in New Orleans and Michigan....(maybe Springfield or other select areas of the country?<dangling a guinness in front of Trey or maybe a mojito for Cheri>....oh quit shaking your heads...you know you want it....).

Anyways....have a great day everyone....

Jeff...like my new tag line?

pluto:

Morning everyone....
Just wanted to say I had a great time last night too (thanks Jeff and Mina).... these cruise reunions are pretty nice---cant wait for all the future ones coming up in New Orleans and Michigan....(maybe Springfield or other select areas of the country?<dangling a guinness in front of Trey or maybe a mojito for Cheri>....oh quit shaking your heads...you know you want it....).

Anyways....have a great day everyone....

Jeff...like my new tag line?

pluto:

Bill - I love the tag line. Very appropriate indeed. Great dinner. We had a blast and look forward to doing it again.

jeff

Hi all,
just got back from Epcot.It was so hot we decided not to stay for the concert, but we did enjoy the park.
The topiaries were outstanding this year. I will post pictures soon.
I bought some scrapbooking materials and Greg got sugar free chocolate covered raisins.
We dashed quickly to the car so they wouldn't melt in the heat.

We had hundreds of motorcycles on the highway,Leesburg had aBike fest this weekend. They estimated a quarter of amillion bikes over the 3 day event. They were all in the downtown area for the festivities, thank goodness.

Hope everyone had agood day today:yay:

Good morning everyone,
another hot one today here in Florida and very smokey. Thanks to Georgia's wild fire.:eek:

Going out early to grocery shop.

When I get my photos downloaded I have s couple of pictures to share from the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot.:yay:
They had pirate themed topiaries this year and they were double the size of the usual topiaries. Very nice.

Kathy

Heya, everybody!

I found out about the parasailing at CC. The engine that "sails" is broken. The rumor on the ship was that a mother and daughter had been hurt/killed on an excursion, but frankly, I'm not buying it. All I was able to extract was that the engine was broken, and there was no ETA for the excursions to resume. The fact that there was no ETA made me think that's where the rumor sprung from.

I'm going to go write my trip report and link to it here so I only have to write once. My in-laws are coming in today, so excuse my "laziness." :)

*wave*
Brandie

Brandie,
I enjoyed your photos on your report, and it was well written. I hope you finish it soon.

Good to have you back!

kathy

Thanks! I'm trying to break it up so it doesn't take forever to load... I'm still posting.

Brandie

Happy Monday everyone :confused:

I had a very busy weekend. I cut all my hair off:scared1: for charity of course. I cut off ten inches to donate to Locks of Love. I have done it before but it still doesn't make it any easier. I miss all my hair. I grows pretty fast so by the time we cruise in November it should be kinda long again. I also booked my shore excusions for my cruise at the end of May and have decided that next November we will be taking a 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise (sorry won't be going to with you next Nov). I do want to go to Disneyworld sometime next year. We might fly to NY for a few days to see the family and then go down to Florida next May. I know that's a pretty safe time to go. I also got some pool time in finally. It was 100 both Saturday and Sunday. It's going to cool down to about 90 this week which will feel nice.

Well, that's it for now...will check in later.

TTFN:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, another Sunny 80 degree day in NW Indiana......I REALLy got the itch to sail since we didn't go last November for the first time since 2001.......

Christine,
I am so sorry you wont be coming along, although it sounds like you'll have a great cruise anyway. Which line are you booking your 7 day through?? Just curious.:confused:

It does feel really weird once a lot of hair is gone. I had it cut a couple times when it was down to my waist and it felt like my head was going to float away.
Another HOT day here, 88 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter