11/14/09 - Special Western - 2 CC stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get the blood flowing (or maybe just the thread going), what have you done in Cozumel and Grand Cayman? Has anyone been to Xcaret? It seems like a very neat place to visit.

I was in Cozumel and Caymans about 12 years ago on a RCI cruise. Just went to Senor Frogs in Cozumel for drinks, did Stringray City in the Caymans-both were a good time.

Went to Xcaret several years ago when I was in Cancun. Did the Xcaret/Tulum Ruins combo tour., Xcaret was nice and relaxing, can do some snorkling with some large fish very close to you, grab a tube and float down a natural lazy river, or just grab a hammock and relax. Don't know if I would go again, too much other stuff to do and see.

I know, it's so tough when you only have a day. We already know what we want to do at Grand Cayman (big turtle fans). At least we have too much time to come up with ideas!

hey there!! We are planning to book this cruise when we are onboard in a few weeks. :cool1:

What is the official itinerary?

Saturday, November 14, 2009 Port Canaveral
Sunday, November 15, 2009 Castaway Cay
Monday, November 16, 2009 At Sea
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 Grand Cayman
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 Cozumel
Thursday, November 19, 2009 At Sea
Friday, November 20, 2009 Castaway Cay
Saturday, November 21, 2009 Port Canaveral

We're booked on this cruise, just back from a 4-night Wonder cruise (HI, jennifaerie!!). I am already very excited about this, and wish it were sooner!

Yay! You booked!

Is it wrong of me to be more excited about this cruise than my honeymoon this September? I can't wait!

We are booked on this trip also!!! We just come off of the 2/2/8 Eastern. Booked this cruise while we were on the ship. We are looking forward to this trip because we can't stop thinking about our last trip.:thumbsup2

We already have our excursions planned!! haha:banana:

This trip will be myself, DH, DD12, DD10, DD6, :dance3: my parents, two brothers and their families along with my parents friends. :grouphug:

Our 2/2 cruise was fabulous and looking forward to another!!

Beth:cheer2:

Wow! You're bringing a whole entourage!

I find it incredibly admirable that you can bring so much family with you. I think it might be a disaster if I tried to lug any of my family along on a vacation (though my father threatened to hide in my luggage next time). It seems like it would take so much work. It's hard enough with two people! :lmao:

Not any more wrong than it is for me to be exicted after my fun times LAST cruise (but we're gonna get drugs for that this time)!!

I really think that was the unknown factor. I am such a control freak on land as it is. Then add the bouncy feeling, and the unknown feeling, and a little more bouncy feeling...

We are both going to be FINE and have a TOTAL BLAST!

I agree-- on all counts! We are going to be the happiest clams on the boat!

Did you make sure to get a room away from the back of the ship?

We are having a terrible snow storm today and keep thinking about the Disney Magic!!! We miss it so!!:sad1:

Does anyone know which excursions they plan on doing? We decided which ones we were going to do that day we got off of the Magic. :rotfl:

We are thinking about doing the bike one to the ruins. :scared: Has anyone done that one before?

There is nothing like getting back from a wonderful vacation and have your next one planned!!:yay:

Beth

I completely understand. We're about to get that storm. Here, we've had almost eight feet of snow this winter.

We bought our first house in August of last year, and didn't have a shovel the first snow storm we got. Our mailbox is falling over, but the six feet of snow holding it up is preventing us from buying a new one until we thaw. If we thaw!

We are definitely visiting the turtle farm in Grand Cayman. It sounds like the farm is now located in a park, where they have all sorts of animals you can see. So if an excursion doesn't fit the bill, we may try to just go there on our own.

We also really want to go to Xcaret in Cozumel.

I remember reading the bike ride to the ruins was intense (it was in the Birnbaum guide), but there might be multiple bike trips. I think the point was that it was very hot when they went, so maybe it was mid-summer, though the average temperatures don't seem to change much.

I got an email from DH - said he was not going to think about snow, or trying to get home later, he was just going to sit at his desk and contemplate Castaway Cay.

It has started here, the dreaded white death they call snow. One of these days I am going to move south. Like maybe to the Caribbean...

I will be booking this soon... a group of families from my daughters school are thinking of all going. My girls will be just 10 and 7 when we go. Oh.. just mommy going, daddy doesn't do disney.... he is a beach guy, plus he teaches.... so can't get off work.

We are going to WDW Nov 08, our yearly trip. Hoping we dont' miss the world in 09 by doing a cruise instead!

We booked this morning! I am so excited :yay: Double-dip in CC is what won me over!

It will be me, DH and DSs 10 and 6 (at time of sailing). I am surprising the boys with this trip! I know they are going to be thrilled. We sailed DCL on a 4-night sailing last May and have been anxious to book a 7-night!

Oh, I hope I can keep the surprise!

Hi~

Can I join in? We just booked this cruise. It will be me, DH and son who will be 10 when we sail. This will be our second cruise, but our first 7 day.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter