10th to 14th June - day 3 added ...alas still no photos!

Disneyfanswicklow

Disney Fanatic!
Ok I am back a week now and still no sign of my camera - Blue Olympus Compact.....just in case any Diser out there going soon and wants to check lost property in their hotel :lmao: (have rung nearly every day since my return with no luck!). Anyway will start my trip report which will be a bit lack luster without my photos! so bear with me ;)

Day 1 - travel Day......we had stayed over in Bewley's Hotel near the airport which was very nice and handy - park your car for duration and nice room to lay your head for few short hours prior to early flight then shuttle bus to airport. Our flight left on time and was very relaxed. Arrived at CDG to find the lovely driver from Ezy Shuttle waiting for us....there was an unattended bag about to be blown up so we had a small delay waiting for that to happen!....

Arrived within 30 minutes at HNY....yay no q's as we were Empire State....very quick check in .....coffee in the lounge and then straight into Park....it wasn't even 11.30 yet :cool1::cool1:

Decided to start with Studios and could not believe our eyes when we saw Crush was operating and only 30 minute wait....good times :yay:....we were afraid it would be closed tomorrow so made sure to ride lots of times!!! Did our next fav ride TOT...no wait with VIP fastpass :cloud9: but to be honest only 10 mins without it! Loved it was so much better than I remembered and the cast members here are just the best....really adding to the experience! RC Racer and Parachutes had short wait times so rode these too ....twice :banana: R&RC another big favorite was next and we loved it. We stopped for a quick bite to eat lovely chicken burger meals which set us up for more of the same rides - we got to do all the rides by the time it was time to meet up with hubby back at the hotel (he is not a DLRP fan and had headed to Paris proper :confused3)

back at the hotel I was so surprised to enter room 6220....we had just looked at video footage on you tube that someone had put up for this room and had said imagine if we got that room - it was perfect! Surprise number 2 was that hubby had asked for champagne in the room to celebrate my big birthday and there were balloons and a card along with a 20th anniversary mug filled with sweets - Needless to say I took lots of photos on my missing camera!!!

Headed to the lounge for another coffee and to make plans - we had dinner booked in Blue Lagoon for 8.30 so we decided to go and do the rides hubby liked and finish with pirates before heading into restaurant :thumbsup2 fantasy land was very full and we could not believe the q times....we went on peter pan with fastpasses then did carousel which was lovely then over to pirates a bit of a wait 15 minutes - only one line open and only filling one boat in four :confused3 then it was into Blue Lagoon....the restaurant is one of our all time favourites!!! We were seated beach side :lovestruc s it was very atmospheric - the food choices were brilliant and beautifully presented - our waiter was very attentive and laughed when we all ordered cocktails first....these were yum....wish I could share photos of same :laughing: we had a long leisurely dinner and headed out into the parks for a walk around to admire how beautiful DLRP is :cloud9:

We decided to stake out a good spot for Dreams...............so worth it......OMG I so so loved this show....I cried watching (every night) it was so emotionally evocative! What a beautiful way to end a day! Slow stroll back to hotel where DD suggested hubby & I have a night cap while she went to room to have a quick bath.........oh bliss the New York City Bar was so lovely to sit in and sip a 'glowtini' - yay I really enjoyed this - thanks fellow disers for advice!

Went sound asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow with images from dreams floating about me X More soon - keep your pixiedust vibes up that camera is found X

It sounds like a brilliant start to your trip. What a coincidence that you got the very room you were looking at :rotfl: Sorry to hear you lost your camera, I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it turns up.

Sounds like an amazing start - I would love, love, love to stay in the Empire State Club - lucky you :goodvibes

You managed to get lots done - Crush 30m wait!!! Fantastic :)

What a shame you lost your camera...

Look forward to hearing more

We had planned to get up and do extra magic hours before heading into Paris proper......but we were all just soooo tired I also thought if I went in I might not come back out!! Leisurely breakfast in the lounge....Mickey and Goofey came to visit during breakfast which was lovely - as there were so few people they both sat with us and played around with dd breakfast - which was fabulous...hot items but our favourite were the pancakes with fresh strawberries or bacon and maple syrup....just to die for! All too soon it was time to head for the train....it felt very odd to pass through bag check just outside the hotel - this is such a good idea!!! but stranger still going straight out the exit to the train....I swear I could hear the rides and characters whispering 'don't do it'!!!!!

35 minute train ride and change to metro found us right overlooking the Eiffel Tower.....loved it - took loads of photos......sigh hmmmm! We had decided to do the river seine boat cruise to see as much as possible as we figured a day would never get us round everything! This was lovely and with lovely weather a real treat to be on the river. DD wanted to sip hot choc on a pavement cafe with a view of the eiffel tower....and we also had our first try of snails here....wish i could share the photo....eugh :lmao: Next we headed for the champs elysee where we strolled down towards the arc de triomphe....wonderful! then back down towards the Louvre....amazing and such lovely parks surrounding it, then on towards the left bank....amazing little streets to wander around and get lost in.....we had dinner in a lovely French cuisine restaurant and ate typical french food....yum. A wander back towards Notre Dame and then it was time to head back to Disneyland Paris - just in time to watch Dreams - as we were so late we didn't try get towards te front but stayed back just in front of Casey's Corner - great view and the fireworks were spectacular from this vantage point....cried again - how wonderful is this show????? We strolled/hobbled back to the hotel where the three of us decided to have a cocktail (non alcoholic for DD) - the waiter made her a cocktail taht looked just like my glowtini - she was thrilled! really loving these last thing at night cocktail moments!!!! :cloud9: I had to have a bath before bed as my feet were so swollen from the heat and the walking - I almost didn't recognise them as mine! lol. There was lovely turn down service so room was bathed in lamplight and yummy choc coins for us on our pillows.....sweet dreams all night :cloud9: So sorry not to have my photos...am still hoping it turns up!

It sounds like you had a brilliant day. We are thinking of finally venturing into Paris on our next trip. :goodvibes

You say you did bag check just outside the hotel. Does that mean there is no queuing for bag check at the park entrance anymore?:goodvibes

It sounds like you had a brilliant day. We are thinking of finally venturing into Paris on our next trip. :goodvibes

You say you did bag check just outside the hotel. Does that mean there is no queuing for bag check at the park entrance anymore?:goodvibes

You won't regret venturing into Paris! Yes once you pass through bag check beside hotel thats it :goodvibes you skirt around the old exit of the village over towards the studios and right for disneyland Park....way quicker! (and friendlier too! :smokin:

Thanks so much for your reply. Not looking forward to Paris with 3 children to be honest but oldest dd is desperate to see the Eiffel tower. I think for the first trip we may try and do an organised excursion but haven't really looked into that yet. :goodvibes

So with the bag check being by the hotel where do they stop you if you are early for EMH? Do you get stopped before fantasia gardens or do you get to go right down to the park turnstiles? Also do you know what happens about bag check if you are coming from the car park? :goodvibes

Sorry - just realised I have hijacked your trip report. :flower3:

jothp said:
Sorry - just realised I have hijacked your trip report. :flower3:

No problem :) the bag check is at hotel for emh too! They check your hotel easy pass at the turnstiles as you enter for the emh......it's all very simple and easier to manage. Dont know about car park assume entry has bag check.

No problem :) the bag check is at hotel for emh too! They check your hotel easy pass at the turnstiles as you enter for the emh......it's all very simple and easier to manage. Dont know about car park assume entry has bag check.

Thanks for the info - it must be so nice not to have to queue up for bag check before the park entrance. I will ask about the car park on the main forum someone is bound to know :goodvibes

Lovely day you had :thumbsup2

We did the organised Paris tour a couple of years ago and I really loved the cruise on the Siene - so relaxing on a nice day. I couldn't believe that it was literally across the road from the Eiffel Tower :rotfl:

Dreams is wonderful, I cry each time too :lovestruc

I'll be at the HNY in a few weeks so will ask about your camera if you want, but I guess they've been looking already. Do you remember where you had it last? I must admit I'd be devastated if that happened to us. I usually take our laptop with us and try to download them each night, if I'm not fast asleep that is :lmao:

Looking forward to more popcorn::

I'll be at the HNY in a few weeks so will ask about your camera if you want, but I guess they've been looking already. Do you remember where you had it last? I must admit I'd be devastated if that happened to us. I usually take our laptop with us and try to download them each night, if I'm not fast asleep that is :lmao:

Looking forward to more popcorn::

I would be so grateful - have rung several times to hotel and lost and found general park number to no avail but sure you never know! It was a small blue olympus....last photos of our trip...mainly dd and me she is tall 14 with long curly blond hair, I am shorter, shoulder length brown hair.....last photo was taken before we entered park for last time with Disney Legends statue.

You will so enjoy HNY - this was our best experience with them - everywhere was super clean and staff the friendliest ever!

Thanks

Jo

I would be so grateful - have rung several times to hotel and lost and found general park number to no avail but sure you never know! It was a small blue olympus....last photos of our trip...mainly dd and me she is tall 14 with long curly blond hair, I am shorter, shoulder length brown hair.....last photo was taken before we entered park for last time with Disney Legends statue.

You will so enjoy HNY - this was our best experience with them - everywhere was super clean and staff the friendliest ever!

Thanks

Jo

Ok, I'll take a look. I'll ask in City Hall and the lost and found area in the Main Park, hopefully it will be tucked away somewhere for you.

HNY is our favourite hotel and I can't wait to get back there. Glad you had a good experience again this time too :thumbsup2

Day 3

Nothing could stop us heading into the Park for EMH this morning - we decided to go to Park then return for Breakfast about 10.15 ....it was served until 11.00 each morning :thumbsup2

We got up at silly o'clock, had quick showers then straight to Park, the new bag check works very very well for hotel guests at this time of the morning in no time at all we were heading down main street - which was practically deserted! No q's for any of the EMH rides and we quickly got to do peter pan, carousel, teacups (stay on for 3!!!! goes) small world then over to discovery for buzz, space mountain .......cool without breakfast inside you lol!....we strolled back to hotel in time for 9.45 breakfast!!!! Lounge had only two other tables occupied and we were delighted to be visited by Mickey and Goofy who gave us lots of interaction and some lovely photos....alas I still can't share! The breakfast was fantastic beautiful buffet of hot and cold choices with the most divine orange juice......this morning I opted for bacon, eggs and sausage with mushrooms and tomato with some lovely crusty bread....oh and a pancake with strawberries ...way too good to resist!

Fantasyland in the park was very very crowded and had lots of beautiful little princesses and princes visiting so we decided to stroll through and take our time enjoying the lovely thoughtful touches DLRP has we also rode the rides but did not try to do them all, but of course when you are in no hurry you still manage to get all the rides done!

As big thunder mountain was not running we decided to do discovery land then head back to hotel for the lovely afternoon tea....this is lovely with cakes, croissants, pancakes, choc mousse, yoghurts fruit and sweets with tea, coffee or hot chocolate...really lovely and we were able to appreciate it without rushing off as Parks were open late and parade was not until 7. Went to Studios for the final hour and managed to ride TOT and Rock and roller coaster with fastpass and then que for crush - yay still open!!! then over for the Parade....it was so lovely :lovestruc. We had dinner reservations at Walt's at 8 and were shown to a lovely table - not on main street but still lovely! The meal was magnificent, beautifully cooked and presented, it was expensive but we thought it gorgeous and worth it.....it took a good 2 hours but we didn't mind....I did have photos of the food but alas still no camera X We took a stroll over to a deserted Phantom manor very eerie at night with no one around....we actually thought it was closed but no it was open and just us three lonely souls riding - the cast members were very spooky and frightened us half to death before the ride even started lol really good fun. DD and I had just time to ride Indiana Jones before heading to get a viewing spot for Dreams....which was just so beautiful - it looks different from different spots but always good - I actually liked the fireworks from further back - everyone around us tonight was sniffing and holding back tears and we really enjoyed it again. Strolled back to hotel where of course we just had to sample another cocktail each....fabulous! I had a cosmopolitan, hubby enjoyed a champagne one can't remember the name but gorgeous and dd had a non alcoholic one with fruit juices and sparkling water - she loved it. fell into a dream the minute my head touched the comfy pillow ....having set the alarm for more EMH.....bliss:love: more soon X

It sounds like a perfect day. It is great to be able to go to the parks for EMH and then go back to the hotel for breakfast. :goodvibes

jothp said:
It sounds like a perfect day. It is great to be able to go to the parks for EMH and then go back to the hotel for breakfast. :goodvibes

Yes someone on this site mentioned doing it a few years ago and I thought it was a great idea....we did this for last few trips....great for dh who is not a Disney fan and who gets a lie in before having breakfast with us before heading into Paris!

Loving your report. I do hope your camera turns up.
We have a trip into Paris planned too, so it was great to read your info :)

Another fab day:goodvibes We always to EMH and then breakfast too :thumbsup2 It helps break up the day a bit and I don't feel rushed eating breakfast as I know I would if I was desperate to get to the park :rotfl:

2 weeks tomorrow and we'll be there, and I promise I'll do my best to try and find your camera :hug: Are you able to post a photo of you, so I know what you look like if I do find it?

Another fab day:goodvibes We always to EMH and then breakfast too :thumbsup2 It helps break up the day a bit and I don't feel rushed eating breakfast as I know I would if I was desperate to get to the park :rotfl:

2 weeks tomorrow and we'll be there, and I promise I'll do my best to try and find your camera :hug: Are you able to post a photo of you, so I know what you look like if I do find it?

I would so appreciate that https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970492_10200816023796074_1923296115_n.jpg

Hope this works! photo one of a few hubby took on our trip, Thanks so much X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter