10th Annual DVC Christmas Tree Exchange

Thanks Mr. Shiny and donors. This was such a fun part of our trip! We already bought a tree to be able to be donor next year. Happy New Year to all!!

AKJ - on its way home
AKK1 - DisneyMama21 enjoying!
AKK2 - Mini Sorcerer's Mom enjoying!
BCV1 - dvcterry enjoying!
BCV2 - M&C enjoying!
BLT1 - winniedapooh enjoying!
BLT2 - hot_mama enjoying!
BWV - back with bobbiwoz!
OKW1 - on its way home
SSR1 - home
SSR2 - back with Traceyg
VWL- on its way home

I just checked the UPS web site for the OKW tree. The tracking info isn't in the system yet, but I will keep checking. :)

I just checked the UPS web site for the OKW tree. The tracking info isn't in the system yet, but I will keep checking. :)

Likewise for my tree. Probably takes a bit and you never know what sort of processing things go through at WDW before they actually get on a UPS truck.

Tracking info is dribbling in - don't forget to send tracking numbers when you ship.

AKJ - Scheduled Delivery Monday 01/07/2013
AKK1 - on its way home
AKK2 - on its way home
BCV1 - back home with dvcterry
BCV2 - shipped?
BLT1 - on its way home
BLT2 - shipped?
BWV - back with bobbiwoz
OKW1 - on its way home
SSR1 - back home with NHBaerz
SSR2 - back home with Traceyg
VWL- back home with nursegirl

MrShiny,

I wanted to thank you for coordinating the Christmas tree exchange. It was a wonderful, magical surprise for the children when they received their tree. Wonderful to share in such a nice exchange with fellow members. Thank you too for posting the pictures. :goodvibes

AKJ made it home today! Some nice surprises inside too! Thanks all!

AKJ - home with mrshiny
AKK1 - home with calypso726
AKK2 - home with Harlemgirl720
BCV1 - home with dvcterry
BCV2 - home with Pirate Granny
BLT1 - home with Harlemgirl720
BLT2 - home with ndpeirce
BWV - home with bobbiwoz
OKW1 -home with sarahk0204
SSR1 - home with NHBaerz
SSR2 - home with Traceyg
VWL- home with nursegirl

Well, except for a few minor glitches, things went off well this year! The final two trees should be home this week (after a bit of snafu with one that sent it from the resort back to the resort before going home!).

Thanks to each and everyone who participated. This is only my third time involved in the exchange (once as a participant and twice as a donor and organizer) and it is great to help others have a holiday that just a little bit more special.

Thanks again and have a great 2013 all!

OKW1 is safely back home as well. Thanks, Mr. Shiny, for organizing this holiday magic. :thumbsup2

Here's hoping that our family will be there next year (and not just the tree). :santa:

Yep, for some reason each resort will have a coordinator and web site. I believe it's under mouseallaneous. I've donated a tree for OKW, but won't make it down there this year...will be there at VWL in 2014!

Yep, for some reason each resort will have a coordinator and web site. I believe it's under mouseallaneous. I've donated a tree for OKW, but won't make it down there this year...will be there at VWL in 2014!

The reason is that having 1 person in charge of everything was WAY too much work. Thank you, MrShiny, for doing such a great job with a Herculean task!

Thank you, Pirate Granny, for donating a tree. It is nice that you can share the magic, even if you won't be at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter