102% booked

KimIce

Mouseketeer
While we were packing up to leave the Fort yesterday the guy across from us who just checked in the night before came over to talk to my DH, and he said when he checked in, he asked how full they were and the host told him they were 84% full then, but tomorrow they were 102% booked. Has anyone ever arrived there and been turned away because they were overbooked?

While we were packing up to leave the Fort yesterday the guy across from us who just checked in the night before came over to talk to my DH, and he said when he checked in, he asked how full they were and the host told him they were 84% full then, but tomorrow they were 102% booked. Has anyone ever arrived there and been turned away because they were overbooked?

I think if that happened to me after driving 828 miles, there would need to be a Disney ambulance standing by for someone.

I'd be perfectly happy parking the TT on the beach somewhere with an extension cord. ;)

They likely use a system similar to airlines in hopes that someone cancels at the last minute. My guess is if they didn't have a site they offer a cabin, which still stinks when you want to get setup and relax.

A few years ago we had a couple next to us who showed up looking for a site and Disney told them they had one available, but only for one night. They just didn't leave the next day and stayed another knowing Disney wouldn't tow their camper. Hopefully some poor soul didn't get put out because of this rude couple.

I have been there when they were overbooked. They put the extra campers in the overflow parking lot and make them stay in the cabins. The time I was there, a whole loop went out of electricity because of a transformer type failure and I ended up having to stay in the overflow IN my camper. I was not happy. They tried to make me go to Coronado Springs, but I had a whole refrigerator full of food and I wasn't going to let it spoil because we were having generator problems!

I have been there when they were overbooked. They put the extra campers in the overflow parking lot and make them stay in the cabins. The time I was there, a whole loop went out of electricity because of a transformer type failure and I ended up having to stay in the overflow IN my camper. I was not happy. They tried to make me go to Coronado Springs, but I had a whole refrigerator full of food and I wasn't going to let it spoil because we were having generator problems!
Party at Jen's! We have to eat all the food before it spoils. :woohoo:

I never trust information from guys camping across from me or random CM's. Everyone knows the most accurate information comes from WDW bus drivers.

That would be hateful!! Did they even offer you any kind of discount or rebate? My DH would have a fit if that happened.

We were there last June for 3 nights, they offered a free upgrade to a resort - I think Coronao Springs, told them thanks but we wanted our Campsite...I suppose when they are close to overbooked, they offer this to many of the folks coming through and some take it? They would have one very unhappy camper here if they couldn't get me the spot I reserved especially after a 1350 mile drive

A couple years ago they offered me a free downgrade to Tropical Palms. I think they saw my lime green thongs in the back of the truck.

We stayed at Coronado Springs once...There would be some nice camp sites on the grounds there, I think ;)
Give us access to a restroom near one of the quiet pools, and I'll camp there I guess if I have to.....Hey, we'd save them from cleaning one of the rooms!

Maybe the solution is to let them offer an upgrade to a resort reservation at the Wilderness Lodge and get the free dining? Just as long as they let me park the trailer near one of the storm drains and then provide a tap into the sprinkler system for water and put a 30-amp connection on a nearby light post. They can keep the complimentary bed-bugs, thanks!:thumbsup2

A couple years ago they offered me a free downgrade to Tropical Palms. I think they saw my lime green thongs in the back of the truck.

My husband threatens to wear his green neon thong. I tell him I don't want to pay for all the therapy needed for all that would see him:scared1::scared1:

Maybe the solution is to let them offer an upgrade to a resort reservation at the Wilderness Lodge and get the free dining? Just as long as they let me park the trailer near one of the storm drains and then provide a tap into the sprinkler system for water and put a 30-amp connection on a nearby light post. They can keep the complimentary bed-bugs, thanks!:thumbsup2

:lmao:

Let me know if that works for you, I'll be next in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter