10 Tips & Tricks for Visiting Hong Kong Disneyland

LesBesTes

Earning My Ears
I visited Hong Kong Disneyland for three days in mid-May and thought I'd share the lessons I learned. We are frequent visitors to Disneyland in Anaheim and it was interesting to see what tricks transferred well and what did not. So many members of this board were so helpful in my trip planning, so I hope my contributions can help others as well.

Blog post with my 10 tips & tricks for visiting Hong Kong Disneyland is here: http://tripswithtykes.com/2014/06/03/10-tips-tricks-for-visiting-hong-kong-disneyland/

Also, we had a totally amazing cultural exchange watching our 5 year old (American) daughter make a new friend from Shanghai while on our travels at HKDL. I wrote up this story, which I think is probably the highlight of our many travels with our daughter to date: http://tripswithtykes.com/2014/05/21/why-we-travel-with-our-kids-a-heartwarming-hong-kong-story/

what a lovely story about your daughter and her new friend pixiedust: and thank you for other post with tips as well:flower3:

Great tips! You're right, it's really hard to find any information on HKDL, so any additional info from people who have been (and speak English) is always welcome :thumbsup2

The story about your DD and her friend reminded me of a trip my family took to Bali when I was a kid. I made friends with a little Indonesian girl in the pool. We spent quite a few hours together playing in the pool (even though we couldn't speak a word to each other), and ended up becoming pen pals. I love how none of that matters with kids :goodvibes

Thanks for the feedback and glad folks are liking the story about my daughter. It is great how young kids are so accepting of differences in other kids - language, skin color, etc. - we adults can learn a lot from that!

Perfect, just what I was looking for. We will be in Hong Kong after our adoption trip in January or Feb. We are planning to use our DVC points if we can get into one of the Disney hotels. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for that - trying to convince friends to go when we are in HK early next year and the lack of info and pics makes it hard! :)

Thanks for that - trying to convince friends to go when we are in HK early next year and the lack of info and pics makes it hard! :)

Got a lot more pics -- will try to get them loaded into this thread very soon!

My husband and I and our daughter went to Hong Kong back in March. Being Disney fan, we made it a priority to spend a day at Disneyland. Loved it!

I echo much of what you said in your blog. I, too found all the stickers quite nice and a unique difference from the other parks. My daughter being 9months at the time, found the stickers delicious! :lmao:

It's a beautiful park in a beautiful setting. Seeing the green mountains in the background was a constant reminder that you're not at one of the parks in the states.

We were staying on Hong Kong Island, so we took the MTR (subway) to the park and found it cheap, easy, and convenient. The Disney-line is extremely cute with a very nicely decorated train.

Hope to make it back some day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter