"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!" 2

Wow!! Can you believe it's been a month since we sailed:scared1: So rumor has it that the Flying Dutchman may be used for the new pirtate movie:confused3 Sad to say it may need a lot of make-up. It would be neat to have the Black Pearl at Castaway cay:cool1:

Won't be used in the new movie. Pirates 4 wrapped last week.

Hi Friends! Dave and I just got back from an amazing b2b on the Wonder. I will give a mini trip report, if you don't mind, to let you know that DCL rocks!!!

Weather was great; seas were much, much calmer than on our cruise. On our first leg of the b2b, we had a DIS meet in the Roy suite. It was great to meet these cruisers as the cruise is way too short.

On day 2 of our 1st cruise, I received a voice mail from my daughter who was en route, via ambulance, to an emergency room with her son, Sean. They were at MK and Sean started having stomach pains, behavior issues, etc. Lisa took him to First Aid, where his blood sugar was checked (his dad is a JD) and his level was 800!!! :sad1: Unfortunately, Sean was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. So, here I am in Nassau, cannot yet reach Lisa as her calls went straight to voice mail, and feeling helpless in not being able to be with Sean and Lisa. Lisa and I began communicating by e-mail and at one point, she thought about canceling the cruise and head back to Michigan. The docs and nurses strongly suggested that they go forward with the cruise; that it would be best for all of us. Sean was discharged from the hospital the night before the cruise. This granny fell apart. I wandered aimlessly around the ship that afternoon, started tearing up in Shutters, when Cinderella came up to me to console me. I lost it. The compassion she had was so genuine. Cinderella is my favorite princess!!! Guest services contacted me and told me to use their phone to talk to my daughter and DCL removed the ship-to-shore charge from my bill. By the time of our 11/21 cruise, Sean received several autographed pics of the characters, including Cinderella, a certificate from Mickey Mates with lanyard pins, and the baker baked a sugar-free cake for him. Shortly after hearing about Sean's diagnosis, Dave and I ran into an old friend of ours on the Wonder, Alen from Croatia. Alen started as a server, promoted to head server and Palo manager, and has now moved up to director of the restaurants. His wife was once our head server. He saw us from afar and was so pleased to see us. Well, this granny fell apart in telling Alen about Sean. Within minutes, he had notified our servers who were called into action to work with Lisa regarding Sean's diet.

On Sean's first Wonder cruise in 2008, he peeked in the windows at Palo. He can't wait until I take him to Palo when he is 18 - he is six years old. The Palo chef prepared a take out meal for Sean following our dinner! The look on Sean's face was priceless when he was picked up from the kids club, taken to the stateroom, and finding out he had "noodles" and soup from Palo. Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!

So, my friends, DCL rocks! The crew went over and above to make sure Sean's cruise was wonderful.

I attached a 6-page letter to my comment card to express our gratitude and appreciation for what the crew did for Sean and us. We went through a lot of tears but DCL made us smile throughout the cruise.

Now, I have to research JD, become a poster granny for JD research, learn how to test Sean's blood and give him insulin. I have a busy schedule ahead of me!

Jan

Thanks for the pm Jan. I hope the info I gave you helps out. You are in our prays. :grouphug:

DCLCruise2010-0210_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0199_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0203_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0197_edited-1.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0200_edited-1.jpg

Kevin......

DCLCruise2010-0206_edited-1.jpg

Thank you my good friend. I completely enjoyed spending time shooting on the islands and aboard ship with you. Nan and I often comment...we'd love to again close the Cove Cafe with Sue and you.

Take good care - K

Kevin......

DCLCruise2010-0206_edited-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks John, yours as well!!

One for today...

Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas

DCLCruise2010-0843_edited-1.jpg

Thanks John, yours as well!!

One for today...

Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas

DCLCruise2010-0843_edited-1.jpg

OK, I want to be there right now! Beautiful1 My DH told me just this morning that he wanted to run away with me to a beautiful island. I think this looks perfect. Did you stay there, Dave?

OK, I want to be there right now! Beautiful1 My DH told me just this morning that he wanted to run away with me to a beautiful island. I think this looks perfect. Did you stay there, Dave?

No, we visited there while touring the island with Kevin and his wife.

Almost done with my photo slideshow from the trip. Every year I create a slideshow, set music and effects to it and encode it to a DVD so we can watch it on the TV.

Just working on music selections to put into it...

Over the years I've kind of used up the usual Disney music selections. I've used most of the well known songs from Disney Movie scores and most of the well known WDW theme park attraction background or theme songs. DD has got me adding some pop hits from Radio Disney that she likes, plus, we heard some of them on board the ship so it seems very appropriate. But, I'm open to ideas and or song suggestions from anyone....

John

Almost done with my photo slideshow from the trip. Every year I create a slideshow, set music and effects to it and encode it to a DVD so we can watch it on the TV.

Just working on music selections to put into it...

Over the years I've kind of used up the usual Disney music selections. I've used most of the well known songs from Disney Movie scores and most of the well known WDW theme park attraction background or theme songs. DD has got me adding some pop hits from Radio Disney that she likes, plus, we heard some of them on board the ship so it seems very appropriate. But, I'm open to ideas and or song suggestions from anyone....

John

I've used "Do You Believe in Magic?" for some of my shows.

Want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, in case i don't get back here again. Spent this past weekend at Seascape Beach Resort and next weekend going to Disneyland.

DS comes home on Tuesday for his month long holiday, so we can also start decorating the tree (that we finally just got today)....DD doing well - she's anxioux for these next 6-7 wks to pass quickly....sure her hubby is too and i KNOW that DH & I are!

Sis Deb & I still looking at potential sailings for 2011 on the Wonder and 2012 on the Fantasy...we need to move our dummy dates to something concrete.....

hoping everyone is well AND warm - looks horribly cold in some states!!!!

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Sorry for not posting sooner. Never a dull moment around here.

Thank you Kevin, Dave and John for the great photos! They are all FANTASTIC!!

Dave - I am sorry too Peter and I didn't get a chance to spend more time with You and Sue. Please tell us more about the tour you did St Thomas! Yes, I agree, Castaway Cay is Disney's 5th park! :lmao:

Brenda - I thought we would see more of you also but never saw you again! How did that happen?! I totally agree with you. The people here truly made our first cruise EXTRAORDINARY! :hug: Our 3 and 4 yo girls would rather go on a cruise than go to Cindy's castle.

Kevin - Nan is a doll! I greatly appreciate her sharing her wisdom on raising daughters. Can't get enough of that! Thank you for sharing the picture of Capt Mickey in the terminal. I was hoping to see him there but we missed him. I emailed you, requesting the password to shutterfly. I will get some pics on there. I am sorry Peter didn't get a chance to hang out with you and Dave. I know he really wanted to talk photograpy with you gentlemen. Next cruise!

Thank you to all in our Fish Extender group. The ONLY way we got our daughters out of the kids club each night was to promise them there was something in our "pockets". We are very grateful for all of our wonderful gifts. I can't wait to use that creole seasoning. The hand-made ones are fantastic!

Cindi0511 - PLEASE PM me. I have to explain all of the fishing gear!!

Hey Sandy great to hear from you!!

We did a private tour on both islands with Kevin and Nancy. We had hired a driver that K & N had used before. Had great a time.

We definitely have to get together if our paths cross again. It was great running into Peter all over the ship!!

Hello everyone! Hope the new year has found you well. All the forthcoming news recently about the Disney Dream has given me cruise fever. I can't wait to get back onboard DCL. Why cant money grow on trees!!!!

Hey everyone,

I hope that everyone had a GREAT Holiday!

Angel & I really loved meeting everyone!

Hope all is well

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter