"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!" 2

DCLCruise2010-0316_edited-2.jpg

Wow, the colors in your photos are so vibrant!!!

I just wanted to say I thought we had the best servers on the ship. Our servers were Melroy and Lee Anna. Did anyone else have them? Maybe we were in awe over the vacation or the beauty of the ship but I didn't notice anything bad at all. I thought the service and hospitality was A+. I loved the Magic and am a little sad that our next cruise is not with her :( Hoping some day to be able to return and cruise with her again :)

We booked a dummy date of Aug 25 2012 on the Fantasy. Excited to go on the Fantasy but we are going to book October 2012 about the same time, Eastern. Although my son Bryce would like to book with his new friends or just one of them. He truly misses them, especially Connor.

Had to go back to work yesterday and our computer crashed so I have had today and get tomorrow off till they get it back and running. Go figure an extra vacation :)

I just want to say to everyone again how much fun we had. All of our fish extender gifts were great!!! My son especially loves the cd. I love the cd but I have already heard the whole thing about 20 times :)

Thanks again Brenda for all that you did!!! Made our first Disney Cruise a truley memerable one. To everyone on the boards we hope to see your smiling faces again one day on the ship or even in the parks. Thanks to all for a fantastic vacation!!!

Powers Family
Crystal, Bob, Dennis, and Bryce

Hi, Powers Family. I am so glad that your first Disney Cruise experience was a good one. We have a dummy cruise booked as well. And like you, we are hoping to be able to book a cruise with any of the folks from this thread. It really was an amazing group!! Hopefully we will see you one another Disney cruise.

Love the photo, Dave!!!:thumbsup2

Dave, thanks for sharing your photos!

Jan

Thank you!!!!

Wow, the colors in your photos are so vibrant!!!

I used a polarizer filter on the lens while at CC. It really helped to make the colours pop. Normally on such a bright day the colours would wash out. First time using that type of filter. See I'm still learning this photography business....

Here's couple more from CC.

DCLCruise2010-0344_edited-2.jpg

DCLCruise2010-0308_edited-2.jpg

I still need to unpack and finally go through our FE gifts. Everyone was so generous and creative.

Again, thank you to all who were in my FE group.

And I need to say a special thank you for all of the gifts that I received as thank yous. That was so unexpected and such a delightful surprise.

I want to send a special shout out to Kim Pace (I hope I have the right Kim) for the "autograph" book. I used it to gather as many addresses and info from folks as possible. I even used it to have the characters sign it during our Character Breakfast.

I'd also like to thank Shannon and Matt for the great Mickey bag. Used it all cruise and I am still using it.

Sherry and Galen, I don't think I will EVER get through all my FE gifts from you all. Thank you so much. That was very sweet and thoughtful.

Thank you all again for making this the best vacation ever!!!

Thank you!!!!

I used a polarizer filter on the lens while at CC. It really helped to make the colours pop. Normally on such a bright day the colours would wash out. First time using that type of filter. See I'm still learning this photography business....

Where the heck was that water slide?! I spent such a relaxing time at Serenity Bay, that I never even saw this slide. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Thank you!!!!

That's a picture-perfect shot of the MAGIC!

The ship was clean and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. Even pixie dust cannot turn a 12 year old ship to look like it did during it's inaugural year. During dry-dock the hull was stripped to the metal and repainted. I believe all the open deck flooring was sanded and varnished. The pools were completely refinished. During our sail, the staff was consistently preparing areas for paint or varnish...all over the ship. I can't believe the comment - "the Walt Disney Theatre literally fall apart"...this is a false statement.

Kevin - I think you are referring to the 2008 drydock. The one that was being shown on the stateroom tv. That happened a week after the EB Repo. They redid the pools, added the toddler splash area, the new spill over from the hot tubs to the pool in the Quiet Cove pool, replaced tv's, the laundry facilities, checked the propellers, painted the chain and hull, etc. I think this drydock was more mechanical (to fix something damage in February at Castaway Cay), they replaced carpet/tile/etc. and redid the drink station.

Thank you!!!!

These are amazing pictures!!! You are truely talented!!!
Thanks so much for posting

Crystal :)

Where the heck was that water slide?! I spent such a relaxing time at Serenity Bay, that I never even saw this slide. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Both Kevin and I went down. That salt water up your nose as you hit the water sure does clean you out.....lol

I just wanted to say I thought we had the best servers on the ship. Our servers were Melroy and Lee Anna. Did anyone else have them? Maybe we were in awe over the vacation or the beauty of the ship but I didn't notice anything bad at all. I thought the service and hospitality was A+. I loved the Magic and am a little sad that our next cruise is not with her :( Hoping some day to be able to return and cruise with her again :)

We booked a dummy date of Aug 25 2012 on the Fantasy. Excited to go on the Fantasy but we are going to book October 2012 about the same time, Eastern. Although my son Bryce would like to book with his new friends or just one of them. He truly misses them, especially Connor.

Had to go back to work yesterday and our computer crashed so I have had today and get tomorrow off till they get it back and running. Go figure an extra vacation :)

I just want to say to everyone again how much fun we had. All of our fish extender gifts were great!!! My son especially loves the cd. I love the cd but I have already heard the whole thing about 20 times :)

Thanks again Brenda for all that you did!!! Made our first Disney Cruise a truley memerable one. To everyone on the boards we hope to see your smiling faces again one day on the ship or even in the parks. Thanks to all for a fantastic vacation!!!

Powers Family

We had Melroy on our last cruise!! He was great. He was partnered with Jelena at that time but she is at Palo now. It's great when you really connect with your serving team, isn't it?

We loved our Stateroom Host - Fermin. This was our second time with him and he's the best!

We were on the 10/23 cruise and had one of the best vacations ever.

We had a very, very odd stateroom problem. I could smell a funny smell on Monday and it got a little worse on Tuesday. I have the best nose, but I could not pinpoint where the smell was coming from! Tuesday night I get out of the shower and I amost pass out from the terrible smell. Apparently the 10/16 cruisers that were in our room, left us a present under the couch. A very large shell wrapped in a towel w/a dead crab/sea creature in it! We are guessing, they were planning on taking it home, and some how, it got under the couch???? My husband says, "I figured out what the smell was." He put it on the balcony, and I called guest servies. They were cleaning our room for the next hour. Then came back the next day to re-clean and then they did more cleaning that afternoon!

We had the best stateroom attenedent and fantastic dinner servers. Plus we are a family with multiple food allergies, and everything was perfect for us!

I did notice that the one soda fountain never seemed to work. Other than that, I couldn't find anything to complain about. Everytime I turned a corner, someone was cleaning.

I fully felt that I got a great value for the money. I was especially happy when we talked to some people that had been on the Norwegian Epic and Carnvial Dream (similar port stops) that we did not book their "new" ships over Disney!

*We loved the waterslide on Castaway Cay. I've never gotten so much water up my nose at once!!!

We had Melroy on our last cruise!! He was great. He was partnered with Jelena at that time but she is at Palo now. It's great when you really connect with your serving team, isn't it?

We loved our Stateroom Host - Fermin. This was our second time with him and he's the best!

Fermin was our stateroom host's brother. We had Falcon. We were on deck 8. We liked Falcon tons!! We met his brother and thought he seemed just as nice!

Thank you!!!!

Wow!! That's beautiful!!! My picture is always washed out becouse it's so bright. Would you be willing to sell any 4 x 6 of this picture (Magic)?

Maybe we are 'go with the flow' people - or - some that commented negatively over food, service &/or condition of the ship have expectations that even the Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton could not meet. [/COLOR

We certainly are not expecting 4 Seasons service...but just to give you examples, the first night we ordered a glass of wine, it never came...that we overlooked. The next night we ordered chocolate milk for our son...4 x before we asked the head server if the child could get a drink (after he finished his meal). The next night we ordered a wine and he brought a beer. Another night we were finished our meal when our head server stopped by to ask our 10 year old son why he had no meal...uh it never came. They quickly brought out a VERY rare dinner. Next night they swiped our card and then brought the wrong bill...I don't think we were being picky...just bad service. We know that is not the norm and we went with it. Unfortunately there are even more dinning stories we could tell. So, no I do not believe it was us. Like I said, we had no complaints with anything else on the cruise and had a wonderful time.

Yikes that really isn't good. Weren't you on our rotation? First night PC? By the 3rd night our asst waiter Bonnie had the drinks ready and waiting for the kids when we arrived to the table.

Powers Family

Yea! I am glad Bryce liked the CD. Connor is missing Bryce as well.

We were on the 10/23 cruise and had one of the best vacations ever.

We had a very, very odd stateroom problem. I could smell a funny smell on Monday and it got a little worse on Tuesday. I have the best nose, but I could not pinpoint where the smell was coming from! Tuesday night I get out of the shower and I amost pass out from the terrible smell. Apparently the 10/16 cruisers that were in our room, left us a present under the couch. A very large shell wrapped in a towel w/a dead crab/sea creature in it! We are guessing, they were planning on taking it home, and some how, it got under the couch???? My husband says, "I figured out what the smell was." He put it on the balcony, and I called guest servies. They were cleaning our room for the next hour. Then came back the next day to re-clean and then they did more cleaning that afternoon!

We had the best stateroom attenedent and fantastic dinner servers. Plus we are a family with multiple food allergies, and everything was perfect for us!

I did notice that the one soda fountain never seemed to work. Other than that, I couldn't find anything to complain about. Everytime I turned a corner, someone was cleaning.

I fully felt that I got a great value for the money. I was especially happy when we talked to some people that had been on the Norwegian Epic and Carnvial Dream (similar port stops) that we did not book their "new" ships over Disney!

*We loved the waterslide on Castaway Cay. I've never gotten so much water up my nose at once!!!

Thank god we never had problems with the sewage smell. The only thing I noticed was we had to pull our cabin door shut (the kids often forgot). I saw a lot of cleaning and varnishing going on. I thought the pools looked great. I don't know why anyone thought the WD theater was falling apart???
Let me say that after speaking with people on the Epic I too feel we got a good value for the money. I've always conceded that DCL is expensive but now I am not so sure. I couldn't believe how NCL nickels and dimes their guests. They were not thrilled with the entertainment and some shows they even had to pay for!!!

Sue and I had an awesome time on the cruise. It had been 8 years since our last cruise (also on Disney) and we had forgotten just how great the service is on the Disney Magic. We met our server and head server from our very first cruise. After 10 years they are still on the Disney Magic. How awesome is that. Dean (our server on this cruise) went above and beyond at every meal and whenever we bumped into him on the ship. He is what Disney is all about. The entire staff was excellent. It was fun meeting a few new DISers and reacquainting ourselves with friends from other Disney trips. And I finally managed to convince my wife to eat at Palo. I can see why Pete likes to eat there EVERY night. We booked a 3-day cruise next year about the same time just so I can ride the Aqua Duck. Thanks again to Brenda and Eric for keeping the excitement level so high for this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter