1 night only, Poly lake view or BWV standard view?

MommyMK

Mouseketeer
My 7 month mark is tomorrow and out of all the resorts where I wanted to stay this is what is available. I'm shocked that a BWV standard view is available but as of right now it is. The points difference between the two rooms is 10 points for the one night. We'll be getting off the Dream that morning and hitting the parks for 75%+ of the day and then checking out and mostly likely heading to Legoland in the am before we fly home that night. We only own 100 points and generally spend them very wisely so this trip was supposed to be a splurge of sorts since normally we'd never spend 24 points on one night. We own at AKV and almost always stay in a value studio or 1 bedroom and I currently have a value studio booked there right now. We've stayed at the boardwalk before and loved it, haven't stayed at the Poly since it went DVC.

I can't say for sure what parks we'll be at that day, but there is a good chance we will be at the studios or Epcot to end the night. WWYD?

Given the size of your point ownership, a 10 point differential is significant. I think I'd go with the BWV standard view. You are really planning on spending most of your day in the parks and the lake view would be for a very short time only. I'd save the points and use them on another trip where you can either upgrade an accommodation or maybe spend another day. Good luck in your decision.

I'd say to book the BWV and then waitlist the PVB standard view if you decide you'd really like to try it. As Granny said, since you won't be in the room much the lakeview could be a bit of a waste.

You're not planning to spend much time at the resort and the parks you're planning on going to are closest to BWV,,,so I would choose BWV. That said, the poly is my favorite resort so if you get a chance on another trip to stay there I would recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter