1 night only - AKV or SSR

miamimama

Mouseketeer
We have a short stay coming up and could only get 3 of 4 nights at BCV, but AK Jambo Savannah view and SSR studios are available for the first night. Although I've never stayed at AKV, it seems like SSR would be more convenient for a 1 night stay (with a car - close parking, etc.) and AKV Savnnah would not be worth it for one night - how much could you see in the dark anyway? Any thoughts?

AKL! The animals are out and visible most of the night. It is not really that dark and giraffes only sleep about 30 minutes a day (not all at one time). We have actually done most of our best animal viewing after dark.

We stayed one night AKV, Savannah view Jambo House in 2010 before our Dream cruise... we were there early, so we had all afternoon viewing the animals, and the kids went swimming in the pool. We didn't go to the park, but felt we were in the park because of the Savannah view. Our kids loved it.

We boarded the bus for the port the next day.

If it were me, I would definitely book AKV Savannah. But if you're not gonna get there until late at night and would really just need a bed to sleep on, maybe the least points is enough.

We had our best animal viewing experience at Jambo at night. It was around 11 PM and at least 8 zebras were gathered beneath our window. Other animals were there as well. All around us people were on their balconies, it was quite a sight!

Another vote for AKV. This is a beautiful resort and worth one day. There is plenty of activity at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter