1 Day No-Hotel Scooter Rental?

CoopTroop6

Dreaming of Dole Whips...
The family and I are FL Resident seasonal AP holders. We won tickets to MNSSHP for the 17th and can't wait! :cool1: However, DH sprained his ankle and is going to need to rent a scooter for the day. :worried: I spoke to guest services and they cannot guarantee a scooter in advance and suggested we rent one from Scooterbug or Buena Vista Scooter Rentals. The problem I'm having is this: they all say that they will deliver to the scooter to your hotel. But we only live 90 minutes away and won't be staying in a hotel. Is there a rental company that will arrange drop off/pick up at MK? Picking it up at the vendor isn't an option either - there will be no place to store it in the car! :confused3 anyone know what we could do?

TIA!

Based on your statement you have a few choices, but you will probably not like any of the options.

First, DH can stay home and everyone else can go. If he is hurting there may not be too much capability with getting in and out rides, anyway. He wouldn't get full enjoyment under the circumstances.

You can rent a car big enough to handle a scooter. Then, you can pick and drop off the scooter for a one day rental. You might even be able to rent this locally from your area and then you would not have to deal with this in Orlando. In this case you may have to do a two day rental. You will have to make sure about how late you can return the scooter wherever. Most people will rent a scooter early at MK and then stay for the party. This makes it very unlikely you can rent one of their scooters same day just for the party. You can take a chance here, but it's iffy.

You can rent a wheelchair at the MK park. These should be readily available. This will require someone to push him. I pushed my mother for a few trips and it's doable and I'm not in the best shape. You may be able to trade off with others in your party to help if they are capable of pushing. If you go this route I strongly suggest alternating activities like first do a ride and then a show. The show will provide a rest from the pushing. Then repeat with a ride and then a show again. A wheelchair can be a backup plan to renting a scooter at the park. You may get lucky and get a scooter and then a wheelchair won't be necessary.

You may want to consider another day at Disney and then you may be able to get a two day scooter rental with drop off and pickup at the resort. I know you only live 90 minutes away, but after a late night at MK this may be a better plan. Then you can enjoy a park the next day, too before going home.

If cost is a real factor then DH staying home or getting a wheelchair will be your best options.

I think off site rentable require more then one day rentals I think your best option is see if there are any left when you get there if not rent a wheelchair

Can't you get there early to make sure you get a Disney ECV?

I think off site rentable require more then one day rentals I think your best option is see if there are any left when you get there if not rent a wheelchair

I think you are correct, when I was doing my research all of the places I looked at had a 2 or 3 day minimum.

the fly in the plan of waiting until you get there for the party is two fold: one there may not be any at all left or 2, what they do have maybe plugged in to charge after being run down all day.

The wheelchair option is probably the least problematic overall. they seldom run out of those.

I honestly cannot think of anywhere at MK where a vendor can drop anything off due to the way the entire area is configured.

I just wanted to add that most scooters break down to fit in the trunks of most cars. Could you pick one up and put it in your trunk?

Another option would be a wheelchair. I think if you are not going on Halloween night you should find a scooter, if not a wheel chair is the plan b.

We were at the party this past Sunday night. I don't think it was sold out but it was *very* crowded (the weather was lovely). We arrived at the gates a little after 4 pm and had no problems renting an ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter