1 bedroom IG, standard hotel room vs studio IG--WWYD

Ursula_Fan

Mouseketeer
Going to Aulani next June, 4 nights. Right now there's availability for IG 1 bedroom or studio, also standard hotel room for renting points. There are four of us: me, DH, DS7, DS8. We have super active kiddos who eat a TON. Would like to make meals in the room. Ideally we'd have 2 beds or separate sleeping surfaces for the kiddos like in a one bedroom (murphy + pullout).

I love the price of the standard hotel room or studio, but have heard that the studios are really cramped. We don't care about the view. Would love to get feedback from folks on:

1) space--comparing hotel room to studio, is there a big difference? Only 30 sq feet doesn't seem like a big deal to me but have heard from some that standard hotel room is preferable and it seems much larger because less furniture/configuration is better.

2) cooking--I realize a microwave/mini fridge won't allow us to do much cooking, and then we won't have much room to actually eat in the room if we go with studio--any suggestions to manage that? Or just bite the bullet and go for the 1 bedroom?

Thanks y'all.

30sqft isn't a huge difference, but the big difference for a family of 4 is the kitchenette and the beds. The studio rooms have a microwave and toaster, while the hotel rooms offer the option for 2 queen beds instead of the sleeper sofa.

The studio lets you do almost anything for breakfast, like toaster waffles or microwave egg sandwiches. For lunch you can easily do cold sandwiches or frozen dinners. I think for 4 nights, this would be plenty. You can get takeout from across the street for dinner if money is the issue.

I think you know the answer and need a little push;bite the bullet and go for the 1 bedroom if you plan on making meals.Then again ,for only 4 days ,take a break and eat out with the money you save on a smaller room.

I like the hotel room and microwave meals for the kids. We have one big buffet Meal (back when that was a thing) that would hold us over for a while.
when we stay for 5+ nights then the one bedroom is definitely the better choice. But for 4 save the money and get the hotel room. You are going to be out mostly anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter