09/16/06 Double Scoop Group- see ya real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dzneprincess said:
yeah I bet!!! i see what you like on my rightside

Amanda,

Just so you know it was me (Kathy) that wrote we aren't going to burn the pic. It wasn't Jeff Silly....LOL

You are just way to funny....

Kathy

P9190041i.jpg

P9190044j.jpg

These two were our Servers. They were awesome from the time we were assigned them to the day we departed.

Every request was not questioned just answered with "No Problem". You couldn't ask for a better group. When you have been on the Cruise as many times as Jeff and I there are little things that you pick up but with these two you couldn't have know unless they told you. This was the first cruise that they worked together as a team. Luis showed us who he usually works with and I was stunned because they worked so well together. What one didn't do the other picked up on.

Hilash always had or drinks ready and back ups to spare (even though midway through I changed what I was drinking). He was quick to please.

Luis, advised us the night before what the next meal was and believe it or not it was at our table within minutes of us getting there.

The biggest win win for us was (incase you hadn't noticed) Jeff and I our big people and we requested that in Animators and Parrot that we have chairs with no arms and each night in those locations were 4 chairs with NO ARMS. Awesome Job. Two for us and two for Cindy and Thea. They went our of their way to make sure that we all were comfortable.

I feel bad that Thea didn't feel she got good service from them but our family enjoyed them and would recommend them and request them for next time.

Our Cabin Steward was awesome as well. He was like the elfin magic. Never really saw him but room was always neat and tiddy. Making special critters out of our towels and having my daughters stuffed animals all poised from her return to the cabin. Really sweet. I guess you could say that we had a truly MAGICAL CRUISE. Couldn't ask for anything better. Make some great friendships that we'll always cherish and looking forward to meeting up with them again. (you know who you are).

Kathy

WldWcnWmn said:
Excuse me, but how do you eat like that and look like you do Missy?
Sheesh...someone got the good genes...brat!
amanda01.jpg
Stop it your making me blush! But it is good genes! However what you fail to realize is that I am also on Topomax for my migrains. It kills my appetite. So for vacation I carried extra pain meds and kicked the Topomax to the curb! I was determinied to eat!

Good morning everyone! Well Eric has the Cruise Blues! I never thought he would miss the ship more than me, but he does. He is so ready to go back. I wish I could surprize him with a trip back. Oh well he will survive until 2008!

I finally unpacked all our bags, it was sad to not live out of the suitcase anymore, but I have already started working on our Disneyland trip for next Sept. I know, I need help! :teeth:

ericamanda01 said:

Hey Amanda01 - This should be the picture posted on the first page of the Amanda Squared Thread....You guys are going to have one, right? I wanna' go on the Amanda Squared Cruise in 2008! Whip out the order form for wrist bands, Girl! I am so there! "Amanda Squared Cruise 2008!" :banana:

ericamanda01 said:

Hey Amanda01 - The Mouse isn't stepping on your $300.00 shoes is he? :scared1:

Well, I guess it is Mickey after all, you can forgive him...(once) :rotfl:

Beaker1967 said:
P9190044j.jpg

I feel bad that Thea didn't feel she got good service from them but our family enjoyed them and would recommend them and request them for next time.

Kathy

I liked our servers (props to Hilash up there) I really did. ::yes:: Sorry to have given the wrong impression by saying "Hilash was o.k." :guilty: I didn't mean "just o.k." I meant that Hilash was o.k. but Luis was the best of the two! Never in my life have I hugged a server...not that I am snobby or anything, I just never felt the inclination to hug a server...we hugged Luis and Hilash more than once! They were the best. I don't think you could have asked for better servers. The chair thing was the best really! I am so happy with Jeff for asking for no arm chairs! I couldn't even tell you the name of our servers from my first cruise, they were not memorable...but Luis and Hilash really made our trip wonderful. Sorry to have implied I didn't like them. (I never got good pictures of Luis or Hilash, so I am stealing yours)thanks Kathy!

I found my driver's license, too! Yeah! So happy I don't have to go to the DMV. I put it somewhere "safe" - I hate when that happens.

WldWcnWmn said:
Hey Amanda01 - The Mouse isn't stepping on your $300.00 shoes is he? :scared1:

Well, I guess it is Mickey after all, you can forgive him...(once) :rotfl:
No he's not. But it's funny that's the first thing that Eric saw in the picture. He asked me if Mickey stepped on my foot. Then he said nevermind, I wouldn't have cared anyway, it's Mickey he can do no wrong! :rotfl: I think Eric is onto my love of Mickey, finally!

Hello guys! So we are officially renaming the thread. Sounds good to me. We could start now and chat two full years about the next one and see how many posts we can get to.

Amand, if you and Eric get busy on the "souvenir" that you MIL wanted, you could be hanging out by the Mickey Pool with me by the 2008 cruise. No pressure. Just think about it. Another thought would be that she would still be young enough to get her first cruise with Mickey FREE!!!!!!!!!

Gail my DIL's have already voluenteered to baby sit if we want to take the trip for just us if we have a baby that is really young. I will never want for a baby sitter! :banana:

Thanks for taking a picture of our door. I completely forgot to take a picture of it. We decorated the heck out of that thing on the third night! I just realized I forgot to get chicken fingers! ARGH! I didn't eat a single chicken finger our whole cruise....I practically lived off them the first cruise. How weird! :confused3

Good morning,

My turn for same time last week.

As I saw the sun come up over Destin, I was sad cause last Friday I watched the sunrise over Castaway Cay. :sad2: :sad2:

I want to go back....................................

Have a good Friday.

sniff... and me, convincing DH not to use points on a feb cruise... when they were super cheap on monday (127 for a cat 8)... what the hell is wrong with me?!!!

ericamanda01 said:
Gail my DIL's have already voluenteered to baby sit if we want to take the trip for just us if we have a baby that is really young. I will never want for a baby sitter! :banana:

Oh, I figured as much. I was just trying to move the party to the Mickey pool so that I wouldn't miss out on so much. You can't blame me for trying. I just seems that you guys all had so much fun and I missed it all.

WldWcnWmn said:
Thanks for taking a picture of our door. I completely forgot to take a picture of it. We decorated the heck out of that thing on the third night! I just realized I forgot to get chicken fingers! ARGH! I didn't eat a single chicken finger our whole cruise....I practically lived off them the first cruise. How weird! :confused3

Don't worry. Merkie and I ate your share of the chicken fingers. Merkie ordered them from room service every night.

JOANNEL said:
Good morning,

My turn for same time last week.

As I saw the sun come up over Destin, I was sad cause last Friday I watched the sunrise over Castaway Cay. :sad2: :sad2:

I want to go back....................................

Have a good Friday.

My DD said something that I thought was so deep on the way to school this morning. She said that she would not want to be a CM on the DCL. I asked her why and she said because it would be too confusing. When I asked her what she meant, she said that she would never know whether to be happy or sad. Because like today is Friday, and all the kids on the ship are so sad because tonight they have to pack and tomorrow it will be over. But, for every sad kid getting off the ship, there will be a happy kids getting on. Should they be sad for the ones leaving or happy for the ones coming. I thougth that was great insight for a 8 year old.

I bet it is hard for the CM to say Hello and Goodbye to so many people week after week. I know that most of them are just doing their job and don't care who is there. But, you know that occasionally they meet someone who just touches them, they really do hate to see them go.

Just got back and already looking at what to do next year...I was convinced that I would do land, but I may take the plunge and cruise again next sept!!!!

Solo (no kids) so it cant be DCL...but I found the Carnival Glory going to belize and costa maya...anyone know anything about this ship??

Asha, can't say I have. But I know there is another board that is all about cruises. Does anyone remember what it's called? We are going to Disneyland next Sept, maybe Aug., if anyone wants to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter