09/11 Liberty Bell Pin

My daughter called from Arizona and said she got a "Liberty 9/11" pin at TDS there. I was happy for her, because here in Idaho our closest store is over 400 miles away. I do understand and welcome the posts of "DIS" pin people saying NO TRADE and NO SALE and am proud to be a DISney pin trader. Unfortunately there are people already posting "Disney Store 9/11 Pin" on ebay, since I was a member of e-bay and had access to write the seller I wrote and told her "Shame on you, this is bad karma." I am sure in my travels to WDW and other Dis events I will eventually gain posession of the "Liberty 9/11 pin" if not, then like I always say, "I don't deserve to have it." You make me proud DISsers!!!

I worked for 2 1/2 hours yesterday, and we did not have a lot of foot traffic. Most people that I handed pins to were surprised and said thank you. Several told me how nice the sentiment was (a quote of Walt's from WWII). A couple of people immediately put the pin on. It's these people that made me smile! We only had one person come in and say "where's my pin?!" which I found to be quite rude (fortunately, she did not address me). When I left, we still had at least half of our allotment left, and they are probably still giving them out today.

A cast member from one of the Boston area stores named Marianne MacFarlane was killed last September 11, while on her way to DL. We saw her name and photo on CBS yesterday, as they read the names of the lost at the WTC. Please keep her family in your prayers. Thank you.

Call me a doofus, but I never knew about the pins. I went to TDS on 9/12 and was completely caught off guard when the CM approached me with the pin. I think it's a great gesture on behalf of the Disney company.

I didn't know about the pins in advance either -
I really wanted to meet my DH for lunch 9/11
We let my 4 yr. old DD pick the spot - mall food court (she LOVES the carousel there)
Stopped by the DS and were given the pins. I thought it was a really nice gesture.
My DD and I wore ours - DH gave me his as he is not allowed jewelry at work.
We stopped by our local book store on the way home (another favorite spot of ours) the clerk commented on our pins - said he really wished he could have dressed in red white and blue like we were (white shirt and tie dress code) I pulled my DH's pin out of my purse and gave to him.
He was thrilled - I felt really good too!
Much better than trying to profit by selling or trading I think!

It is very distressing to see people on ebay selling these very meaningful pins for profit. How very nice of any of you giving them out for free. One wonders what was learned from that horrific day. As a New Yorker who had a friend down there that day who came home alive it makes me wonder how any person can want to make a profit on these pins. Disney did a nice thing that day. It is also upsetting to read that these pins are being sold by cast members. Needed to vent.... Thanks..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter