•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Anyone know how hard a studio is to get at 11 months out for the week of Christmas? We are in ROFR for our first 100 points here and are hoping we can’t snag a studio during 2024 Christmas break. This will be our first WDW Christmas.

Last edited:
Anyone know how hard a studio is to get at 11 months out for the week of Christmas? We are in ROFR for our first 100 points here and are hoping we can’t snag a studio during 2024 Christmas break. This will be our first WDW Christmas.
I would say it depends on the week in December. The first two weeks tend to go very quickly, with some walking those weeks. But I think the week before and of Christmas aren’t as bad to get. Just get online right at 8:00a or if you have enough points, try to walk it.

I would say it depends on the week in December. The first two weeks tend to go very quickly, with some walking those weeks. But I think the week before and of Christmas aren’t as bad to get. Just get online right at 8:00a or if you have enough points, try to walk it.
Thanks. We are planning the week before thru the 24th then moving to AKV until the 27th. I plan on banking my first year points to bring my 2024 point balance to where it needs to be prior to booking so I should have the necessary points in my account for a December 01 reservation if I need to walk one. I am torn between a one bedroom and a studio but neither gives the 5th sleeper or just going with a two bedroom for the additional sleeper but I have time to figure that out. I just know with certainty it will be the 20th thru the 24th at CCV then moving over to AKV until the 27th. We have always been a cash family so these accommodations will be a first for us. We usually split an AKV savanna and a value resort to keep the resort budget down so it will be nice to stay in a deluxe for the entire stay for once.

Last edited:
This year is my first trip as an owner and I had to re-schedule my trip to be later than my original booking (second week of December). I was able to modify it for Dec 18-25 easily 2-3 weeks after the booking opened for those weeks without issues. The Christmas week was still available when I modified.

This year is my first trip as an owner and I had to re-schedule my trip to be later than my original booking (second week of December). I was able to modify it for Dec 18-25 easily 2-3 weeks after the booking opened for those weeks without issues. The Christmas week was still available when I modified.
Many thanks. I was worried about buying here due to the cabin points but we just really loved the resort when we visited it back in May. We have never stayed at the actual resort yet but loved the vibe it gives enough to commit 100 points a year to it. I was just a little concerned it would be terribly difficult to book during the holidays but it was worth the gamble 😬🤞😀

Many thanks. I was worried about buying here due to the cabin points but we just really loved the resort when we visited it back in May. We have never stayed at the actual resort yet but loved the vibe it gives enough to commit 100 points a year to it. I was just a little concerned it would be terribly difficult to book during the holidays but it was worth the gamble 😬🤞😀
You will love staying inside the lodge!!! Enjoy your trip!

Jayunit09*April 2022*September UY

I forgot to post this last year for some reason.

My wife always wanted to own at AKL and we almost pulled the trigger there. But every time we visit WL for dinner we are just blown away by the lobby and whole resort. After a month or so of discussion, we ended up buying our contract direct at CCV even though it was (at the time) $3,500 more than the AKL contract. We thought the extra $$ was worth it for the 2068 expiration, and most of all for 11 month window for Holidays.

Thanks for having us neighbors!

My wife always wanted to own at AKL and we almost pulled the trigger there. But every time we visit WL for dinner we are just blown away by the lobby and whole resort. After a month or so of discussion, we ended up buying our contract direct at CCV even though it was (at the time) $3,500 more than the AKL contract. We thought the extra $$ was worth it for the 2068 expiration, and most of all for 11 month window for Holidays.

Welcome Home neighbor!!! You will have a love affair with this resort. Truly magical!!

Welcome! We were originally thinking about AKL as well but ended up at Copper Creek due to the length of contract and because of the easier availability at 7 months at AKL. We love them both - and also recently stayed at the Grand Californian, just to round out the trio of resorts designed by Peter Dominick. All lovely in different ways!

:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll add you to the owners list.

Hello all! Huge WL fan here! Have stayed at WL 4 out of 5 trips. Trip number 6 begins in 2 weeks! I have a cash reservation at CCV in a deluxe studio with a walk in shower. I have 2 questions: 1.) Have they returned to placing real mugs/dishes/silverware in the rooms or is disposable what will be available for use? 2.) Do cash reservation guests have access to the laundry room for studio guests or is that just for owner use? So excited for this stay! Love, love, love the Lodge and always wanted to try DVC.

You can request real mugs, glasses, and plates from housekeeping. We do this every trip. Since you’re renting a DVC room you will have access to the laundry room. It’s on the 4 th floor. Have a great trip!!

You can request real mugs, glasses, and plates from housekeeping. We do this every trip. Since you’re renting a DVC room you will have access to the laundry room. It’s on the 4 th floor. Have a great trip!!
This is a good reminder. I have using disposable for more than 1-2 days.

Thanks for that information - we dislike drinking wine out of those plastic cups!

I lurk all the time on DisBoards, but finally getting around to posting. We've been owners at CC since Feb. 2018 (bought on the Fantasy). We also own at BLT (resale) and the new VDH (or is DVH) (direct). We've never actually stayed here because every trip we have booked here was ultimately cancelled or moved to another week. One day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter