• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Oh, Caroline, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Thinking of you, Andi, and your whole family and sending hugs. I hope Disney planning and trip reporting will bring some smiles to your face soon. :hug:

Caroline, I`m so sorry to read of your dad`s passing.

He sounds like he will be very much missed. Sending you much love and comfort for the days, weeks and months ahead. And special thoughts for your mum too.

I know you`ll find comfort in your lovely family. :hug:

Same lol. I'm still happy when I get to Disney early in the day but it's an exhausting day.
I agree! In March we don’t get I until 7:45pm and we lose that whole day! It will feel okay getting up at a normal time that day, this will be the only plus!
Oh no. That resort is seriously massive!
It sure is!
Every single time I've passed that stand it's closed! I'm not sure when it's ever open.
That’s what I am hearing from others, bummer they have such limited hours!
We stayed there in the Fall and though it was so odd that the room was so large and the tv was so small lol.
Andi had such a laugh at the TV and the old fashioned remote!

I'm so sorry for your loss
I'm so sorry for your loss.
So sorry to hear about your father.
I'm sorry for your loss and your poorly timed illness
So sorry for your loss
So sorry for your loss.
Sincerest condolences to you and your family circle.
Oh, Caroline, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
Caroline, I`m so sorry to read of your dad`s passing.
Thank you so much ☺️ for the heartfelt condolences! I really appreciate it!

Oh Caroline I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending all the love to you and your family ❤ ❤ ❤

Part 2 of Day 1!
MK still had the big Christmas tree up! We entered MK around 5:30pm. We had FP for Peter Pan, 7Dwarfs, and HM.

IMG_Feb52020at65422AM.jpg
The wonders of Mainstreet! :love: It puts everyone in a good mood. I was surprised to see Christmas decorations still up and very happy to get a glimpse of Christmas on Mainstreet. The big Christmas tree was a fun sight to see. Andi and I took time to look around and soak in the pure magic of the area. The crowd level was not bad this Tuesday evening. We worked our way over to our first FP. The thrill of riding over London and Neverland made it feel like we were truly home again. Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop.
IMG_Feb52020at65517AM.jpg
I haven’t noticed this before. How many times do you notice new things in the parks? It is amazing how many things there are to discover each visit. We all know, the famous saying from our non Disney friends, “Haven’t you done and seen everything there?” Roll eyes! No my friend there is always something new to discover and find happiness in!

We decided to take a voyage under the sea next! This is another very special ride for Andi and I! Ariel is her favorite and we have so many fun memories on this ride! I think we literally have rode this at least a 100x now! Again people it never gets old!
IMG_Feb52020at65605AM.jpg
It was time to check in with Snow White and the dwarfs next! Sometimes on travel days, I feel a little queasy on this, I didn’t today! Yay! We enjoyed our ride.
IMG_Feb82020at75856AM.jpg
IMG_Feb82020at75928AM.jpg
We wanted a little snack after the ride. We really weren’t hungry enough for a dinner so a Mickey pretzel with plastic cheese was our choice. I noticed this trip, the Launching Pad, was serving the plastic cheese the old way, yay! It was really hot. The prepackaged cup was never every warm.
IMG_Feb52020at65648AM.jpg
We people watched and snacked on our pretzels. It wasn’t super busy in Tomorrow Land this evening. Buzz did have a longer than we cared for stand by so we passed.

PM was our choice, except it was down. We waited a little while but it didn’t come back up so we decided to move on. I was trying to see if there was any damage around it. I had read there was a fire here a few days before. Did any of you see that article? I didn’t notice anything. No PM on our first night, boo!

Andi was texting with a college friend, who was here with her family. We made plans to say hi to them in Adventure Land. We worked our way over there and chilled for a little while. They were riding JC. We met up and talked about their trip. This was there last night! They were very nice and really impressed with all our Disney trips! They couldn’t believe we had 10 days ahead of us and planned to be in a park every single day! Haha! I took a million pictures of Andi and her friend for their Snapchat stories, before we said goodbye! :rolleyes1

I found a few new things in AL and took pictures of them. I have to say I never noticed these before either!
IMG_Feb52020at65832AM.jpg
IMG_Feb52020at65751AM.jpg
It was time for our last FP at HM.
IMG_Feb82020at80243AM.jpg
Our picture sums up how tired we are feeling. We loved our ride and will hurry back!
IMG_Feb82020at75951AM.jpg
We slowly made our way out of MK. We got a bus fairly quickly and learned just how long the ride was around the resort. 30 minutes, yikes! We got back to the room and the nail clippings and hair were gone. We didn’t even unpack. I had an order with Instacart and had bell service keep it. There was no way, we could carry it for a mile, to the room. :crazy2: For inquiring minds, it is now $6.00 for Bell Service to receive your grocery order. We called for our groceries and once we had that we went to bed!

Day 1 is in the books!

Coming up very soon is Day 2! “ A Parisian breakfast, wewe!”

The wonders of Mainstreet! :love: It puts everyone in a good mood. I was surprised to see Christmas decorations still up and very happy to get a glimpse of Christmas on Mainstreet.
It really does. Even just looking at your pictures put me in a better mood this morning. Nothing like walking down main street to take all your cares away

I haven’t noticed this before. How many times do you notice new things in the parks? It is amazing how many things there are to discover each visit. We all know, the famous saying from our non Disney friends, “Haven’t you done and seen everything there?” Roll eyes! No my friend there is always something new to discover and find happiness in!
Amen sister!!!! Despite how many times we go there is always something new to experience.

Our picture sums up how tired we are feeling. We loved our ride and will hurry back!
IMG_Feb82020at75951AM.jpg
Love this! You too need to get some rest

I am so sorry for your loss, Caroline. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you can be with your Mom to help her at this time. :hug:

The wonders of Mainstreet! :love: It puts everyone in a good mood. I was surprised to see Christmas decorations still up and very happy to get a glimpse of Christmas on Mainstreet. The big Christmas tree was a fun sight to see. Andi and I took time to look around and soak in the pure magic of the area. The crowd level was not bad this Tuesday evening. We worked our way over to our first FP. The thrill of riding over London and Neverland made it feel like we were truly home again. Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop.
There is nothing like Main Street! So nice that you got to see some of the Christmas decor. :)
I completely agree! There is always something new to enjoy!
I found a few new things in AL and took pictures of them. I have to say I never noticed these before either!
Me either!
HM is always a classic. Love your picture!
We slowly made our way out of MK. We got a bus fairly quickly and learned just how long the ride was around the resort. 30 minutes, yikes! We got back to the room and the nail clippings and hair were gone. We didn’t even unpack. I had an order with Instacart and had bell service keep it. There was no way, we could carry it for a mile, to the room. :crazy2: For inquiring minds, it is now $6.00 for Bell Service to receive your grocery order. We called for our groceries and once we had that we went to bed!
Hope your time at OKW gets better!

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I'm glad our silly, snowy winter didn't impact your travel plans. That is my worst fear about winter travel (although we had more trouble with the hurricane than with snow!). Can't wait to read more!

I am sorry for the loss of your father. I just lost my mother, 85, back in October. So, I can relate to what you must be going through. It is hard to lose a parent not matter our age. May you be comforted in the Lord's embrace and surrounded by loved ones, cherishing the memories of your father.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your memories with him sound wonderful. Cherish those and he will live forever in your heart. Prayers to you and your family.

I’m a lurker of epic proportions. But, I always so enjoy your trip reports and wanted to extend my condolences on the loss of your dad. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort during this time.

Hey Caroline,

First of all, a very heartfelt load of condolences for the passing of your dad. Losing a loved one is always so hard. :hug: Even if they've lived a long and full life as you described.

Your first day in MK sounded like a great one despite no PM for you two. Bummer!! I'd heard about the fire as well (what is WITH Disney and their fires lately?!) but can't remember the timing of it and your trip.

EW. Dirty floors are disgusting! I pad around in bare feet in my resort rooms and want the floor to not be gross! Glad you called!

We worked our way over to our first FP. The thrill of riding over London and Neverland made it feel like we were truly home again. Andi pointed out the crocodile weathervane on the rooftop.

I agree with you, I just love the scene in Peter Pan flying over London and Neverland and that scene and going on It's a Small World are both traditions that I love.

Hi Caroline, very sorry to hear of your loss. That is wonderful that you will always have so many memories of traveling to such amazing places with your family. I hope you are feeling a lot better now, being sick is no fun at all!

It really does. Even just looking at your pictures put me in a better mood this morning. Nothing like walking down main street to take all your cares away
It really brings such happiness to us each time we visit!
Amen sister!!!! Despite how many times we go there is always something new to experience.
It really is so true! I see and learn so many new things each trip!
Love this! You too need to get some rest
Yes we definitely were feeling our early wake up call!
I am so sorry for your loss, Caroline. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you can be with your Mom to help her at this time.
Thank you very much Susan! My mom is going to stay with my husband and I for awhile and so happy to have her with us!
There is nothing like Main Street! So nice that you got to see some of the Christmas decor.
I was surprised to see Christmas decorations still up on 1/14 but it was nice for us!
completely agree! There is always something new to enjoy!
::yes::
HM is always a classic. Love your picture!
One of our favorites
Hope your time at OKW gets better!
It was good the first 4 nigt
I'm so sorry for your loss Caroline. Sending prayers, love and support to you and your family.
Thank you so much Jenny!
What a great day in MK :goodvibes
Hope you guys are doing ok
It was a nice evening in MK
It is going okay, my mom is going to come and stay with us soon, I think it will help her! My sisters also live in Minnesota and she will stay with them as well. Thanks so much for asking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter