~ºoº May 4, 2012 - Magic Heads to Key West! ºoº~

We just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Dream. We made Platinum on that cruise and are missing the ship already. We've sailed twice on the Dream and 8 times on the Wonder, but never the Magic. We are myself and husband, my sister and BIL(who have never cruised) and we are very excited to do a 5 day and to see Key West. Something additional other than just Nassau and Castaway Cay. it seems like a long time until our cruise, doesn't it?

Dk

Welcome aboard! Yes, it does seem so far away...here's hoping the next six months or so go by quickly! And then those five days on the Magic move at a much slower pace. ;)

:cloud9:Hello to all! We just signed on for the May 4th magical cruise! :cloud9:

Let me introduce myself......my name is Debra. This will be our 4th Magic cruise. We just got back from the Magic's WBTA (14 days) on Sept. 24. The best cruise we've had yet! Went by way-y-y-y-y too fast! We went on the Mediterranean (11 days) cruise last year. DH and I had decided no cruise next year because we were going to have work done on the house. We were having the "post-cruise" blues so bad, DH came in to the room where I was reading and said he had been looking at the Disney cruises and found a short one for us. I was floored (I'm the travel planner in our family!). That cured our blues!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looking forward to getting know lots of people that will be going on this cruise. We got to know such a great crowd on our last cruise.from the disboards....really made the cruise so much more enjoyable!:goodvibes

:cloud9:Hello to all! We just signed on for the May 4th magical cruise! :cloud9:

Let me introduce myself......my name is Debra. This will be our 4th Magic cruise. We just got back from the Magic's WBTA (14 days) on Sept. 24. The best cruise we've had yet! Went by way-y-y-y-y too fast! We went on the Mediterranean (11 days) cruise last year. DH and I had decided no cruise next year because we were going to have work done on the house. We were having the "post-cruise" blues so bad, DH came in to the room where I was reading and said he had been looking at the Disney cruises and found a short one for us. I was floored (I'm the travel planner in our family!). That cured our blues!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looking forward to getting know lots of people that will be going on this cruise. We got to know such a great crowd on our last cruise.from the disboards....really made the cruise so much more enjoyable!:goodvibes

Welcome aboard Debra! How awesome you were able to cure those DCL blues!

So, for everyone out there, this is a reminder if you would like to participate in the FE, please PM the following to me:
Stateroom # (if you do not have a stateroom number assigned yet, just let me know and we will add it to the list later)
Email Address
Names of people in party (plus DH, DW, etc)
DD/DS ages for children with their names
Celebrating anything?

Participants to date
iloverags2 - Cindy (2 adults)
Linden Lady - Amanda (2 adults, 2 children)
UKAmelia - Amelia (2 adults, 2 children)

Oh, and one other thing...I put together a little Excel spreadsheet planner for our cruises and trips, and have this particular cruise started already. The planner just lists things such as port, shows, DoTD, etc. (much of it is based on the last 5-night itinerary to Key West in 2010, and will be updated if/when the April 2012 cruisers on this itinerary report on the boards!). If anyone is interested in a copy, just send me your email and I will shoot it over to you. :)

I'm plugging away at my FE gifts (and having fun doing so!). We are under seven months!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:6 months, 1 week, and 3 days.......but who's counting?!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

bliss.gif

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Sure is quiet in here! I sure hope more people sign up for the cruise and join disboards. That's one thing I enjoyed so much from the WBTA cruise we took in Sept. So chatty! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hi just booked a few weeks ago. This is our first Disney cruise :cool1:. We just did our first cruise ever in July and were addicted. We did another in October. I can't wait for this one it has been a dream of mine to do a Disney cruise.

My kids ages are listed below, they will all be a year older by the time we cruise. I am hoping some families join that have kids in that age range. My dd's would love to get to know some kids on the teen boards before we go.

Hi just booked a few weeks ago. This is our first Disney cruise :cool1:. We just did our first cruise ever in July and were addicted. We did another in October. I can't wait for this one it has been a dream of mine to do a Disney cruise.

My kids ages are listed below, they will all be a year older by the time we cruise. I am hoping some families join that have kids in that age range. My dd's would love to get to know some kids on the teen boards before we go.

:cheer2::cheer2::welcome::cheer2::cheer2: So glad you have signed on! I'm sure as time gets closer there will be lots of kids your children can get to know before you go on the cruise! So happy to see a new cruiser! Look forward to chatting with you more!

Welcome aboard! How fun you will be on your first Disney cruise! What lines/ships did you cruise this year? No kids here, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others joining in as the date approaches!

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Sure is quiet in here! I sure hope more people sign up for the cruise and join disboards. That's one thing I enjoyed so much from the WBTA cruise we took in Sept. So chatty! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Guilty as charged! Life gets in the way of me checking in here. But...I have spent some time on my FE gifts...that is an accomplishment in and of itself! How was the WBTA? We are planning on cruising to Europe and back...one way on the Queen Mary just to get across the pond; the other way making port stops along the way. We haven't decide yet which will be which (east vs west).

Guilty as charged! Life gets in the way of me checking in here. But...I have spent some time on my FE gifts...that is an accomplishment in and of itself! How was the WBTA? We are planning on cruising to Europe and back...one way on the Queen Mary just to get across the pond; the other way making port stops along the way. We haven't decide yet which will be which (east vs west).

We LOVED the WBTA! :sail:We had gone on the Disney Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and thought that would be hard to beat, but the WBTA was fantastic in so many different ways. On the Med. cruise, we were always on the go....we only had I think 2 sea days. While touring was great, we didn't get to enjoy the ship activities much. On the WBTA....we had some port of calls, but many, many days at sea to enjoy the ship. We had a fantastic group of disboarders that I had gotten to know for months chatting, so once on board the Magic.....it was like reunion time! :cool1::cool1: We had so many events that were arranged on disboards (Pink Ladies Champagne get-together, Mojito tastings, Pub crawl, etc) and had such fun with everyone! The ports-of-call were great also. The weather was definitely in our favor....sunny and calm! Would definitely recommend this cruise to everyone to do at least once! :woohoo:

:woohoo:Well, it's official - we are cruising with The Mouse! pirate:

Our first cruise on Disney!!!

(Can you tell I am excited?)

So much to find out before we go - looks like I can find out everything I need to know on this board. I already told our "Disney expert" TA some things about Disney cruises and Magic that she didn't know. :rolleyes1

:woohoo:Well, it's official - we are cruising with The Mouse! pirate:

Our first cruise on Disney!!!

(Can you tell I am excited?)

So much to find out before we go - looks like I can find out everything I need to know on this board. I already told our "Disney expert" TA some things about Disney cruises and Magic that she didn't know. :rolleyes1

Welcome!!! What are we at? About 4 months and two weeks? Oh, I am getting sooooo excited!!!

Hi All! I have updated our FE participants on the first post of the thread, and am copying here...
Participants to date
Linden Lady - Amanda (2 adults, 2 boys)
UKAmelia - Amelia (2 adults, 2 boys)
wiggles02 - Kendra (2 adults, 2 boys)

If anyone is not already on the list and would like to join, please PM to me the following:
Stateroom #
Email Address
Names of people in party (plus DH, DW, etc)
DD/DS and ages for kids with their names
Celebrating anything?

Anyone have suggestions for a cut-off date to add participants? We want to be sure everyone has enough time to gather their loot for the exchange. :) I will send out the first draft of the participant list today to get us started, and will send updates as folks are added.

4 months and just over a week!
bliss.gif

You can add three more to the group. May 4th will be the first half of a B2B.

We just got back from the Wonder a couple of weeks ago and booked a couple of dummy dates. Last summer on the Dream we booked the Fantasy for May but decided yesterday a B2B for 10 days sounded better and so here we are. Still doing the Fantasy but probably not until next year.

:woohoo::woohoo:May 4th will not get here soon enough.... :cool1::cool1:

DH, DW, DD(11)

Hey All!

Amelia and family had to change their cruise date, so they will not be joining us. But we do have another participant in the FE! Here is the updated list (and I will be sending an updated spreadsheet to all)..

Participants to date
Linden Lady - Amanda (2 adults, 2 boys)
wiggles02 - Kendra (2 adults, 2 boys)
schepp - Joseph (2 adults, 1 girl)

Hi All!

We had a schedule conflict with this cruise and had to switch to the May 9th sailing. I will need to bow out of both participating in the FE, and also heading it up. Can one of you take over this? Thanks so much!

Have a great cruise!

Cindy

Cindy, so sorry you won't be on this sailing with us, but I am glad you were able to rebook for the date that worked better for you. Thanks for all the helpful information you shared in this thread - we will miss you on this thread and on the cruise!

Where is everyone else????

We are just over three months until our cruise and less than three weeks from final payment!!!

I just realized that it has been over 3 mos since I've logged in to DIS! :scared1:
I've been a homemaker for over a decade and now I have a "real" job outside the home. It's taken some time to get adjusted to our family's new routine and I'm really missing my computer time!! Can't believe we've lost 2 cruisers since my last posts. :sad2: I really hope we have more people join DIS and find this thread. The FE exchange was one of our favorite things on our Dream cruise last year! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter