£99 flights to Orlando?

richard3330

Cirque Fan
No it's not an April fool's joke ;)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but our villa owner who we are renting from this October told us to have a look at this website -

www.yourfloridaair.com

It seems as though they are in the process of setting up an airline offering flights from smaller U.K airports, direct to Orlando from just £99+taxes.

The website says that they are aiming to be up and running this June!

Richard. :)

Thank for the link, Richard - what fantastic prices.

Karen

I have seen this before but took no notice as the start time was 2005 (or maybe even 2006). Obviously something has moved quickly to get it down to June 04.

We do need something like this in the market but as it is transatlantic we also need a little more comfort and reliability than our major cheapies to europe seem to achieve.

Good on them lets hope it all goes smoothly.

Would be good prices for summer hols, but not massive savings for Oct half term or Xmas. Like it has been said depends on quality of aircraft. Our trips this year for Oct cost £121.33+tax each way and Xmas £120.50+tax these are with AA & Continental. They do have a 90 min stop each way but personally prefer the stop than going direct with companies like Thompsons/Airtours/European (Travel city direct).
Wayne
Would be cheap if £99 return have I got it wrong?

Originally posted by wayneg
Would be good prices for summer hols, but not massive savings for Oct half term or Xmas. Like it has been said depends on quality of aircraft. Our trips this year for Oct cost £121.33+tax each way and Xmas £120.50+tax these are with AA & Continental. They do have a 90 min stop each way but personally prefer the stop than going direct with companies like Thompsons/Airtours/European (Travel city direct).
Wayne
Would be cheap if £99 return have I got it wrong?

No Wayne, it is £99 each way - not return. However, how can you say it isn't cheap at xmas! I would have loved to of been able to find £198 direct return flights on our last trip at Christmas time. I would also have loved to be able to find direct flights at this kind of price for October half term as well....

Richard.

I think I will just watch and see how this pans out - I've seen too much before and it makes me cynical...when something looks too good to be true, then it usually is....

More than happy to be proved wrong though :teeth:

umm I think Im with you penny!!!::yes::

would be nice to hear from anybody who has experience of this when the service is up and running, as Id love to get flights at those prices!!!:hyper:

Jules

Hi Richard
I agree it is cheap if they are going to give the same quality as Virgin but if they are aiming for Thompsons/Airtours/European (Travel city direct) etc. service I will stick with indirect flights and pay an extra £20 each way. Lets wait and see what they have to offer. (Never paid more than £125 for Oct half term or Xmas to new Year)
Wayne

Richard

I have no doubt that yourfloridaair have good intentions..... but to talk about MAYBE starting in mid -June 2004 seems like nonsense to me. There are so many ifs and buts about what they hope to offer............. Plus they only say that 50% of seats will be at £99 + taxes, bet that'd make the other customers on board really chuffed.

Good luck to them, but I'll be very surprised if they ever get off the ground ( Joke! ).

wayneg.........your costs aren't that cheap btw. By my reckoning you're paying about £300 return ( Don't know why you quote how much you paid EXCLUDING taxes since you have to pay them ?? )...and for that you have to go indirect. It'd be more help if you told us what you paid in total for comparison.

We did BA scheduled flights last November, under £1100 for 3 x adults and one child including connecting flights from Newcastle to Gatwick......including taxes.

.................and some people on a budget may actually prefer to fly with Thomsons et al and save their money for Florida. Each to his own.

mike

Hi Mike
Only quoted prices ex tax for a comparison with this offer. Have you ever been in School holidays? I assure you £295 incl tax on Scheduled flights is a reasonable price. Nov is a different ball game, probably the cheapest month of the year. We go to Orlando 3 times a year and have always found Nov to be about the cheapest month.
PS don't recommend the BA New York/Florida route unless they have upgraded their planes Disgusting plane with leaking windows. When we told staff they did not care.
Cheers
Wayne

We paid £450 each indirect for October half term, which was the cheapest anywhere! maybe we booked at the wrong time :confused: i researched for a few weeks before booking :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter