£400 child seat worth it?

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Hiya

I have been taking advice about possibly buying a seat for our little boy (wow that sounds wierd) for our October 2009 trip, right now its costing us £99 for a babe in arms, I have looked up the child price and its near enough £500.

So is it worth it, I mean baby will be 11 months

Just seems like a lot of money for 9 hours

anna

we have decided to buy a seat for our youngest for nov as he will be 18mths, reason being we took our eldest when he was the same age and it was hard work. However when the youngest was 5mths we took him on our lap without any problems he just slept the whole way there and back. what im saying is it really depend on your child and the age, I know it seems like a lot of money but it does mean also your baby will get a full luggage allowance, and baby nees a lot of stuff!!, it just depends on how well you and your ds will cope (i know its hard to tell now!) if you have the money avaliable in my opnion i would pay for the seat.

sorry i dont think i have really made any sense.

Congratulations by the way hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly for you.

Anna, it is really worth it. It really takes the stress out of travelling, the infant care chair VH provide is great, You get the full luggage allowance too, means you can stock up on baby clothes - the seat will pay for itself LOL :thumbsup2

Have to agree that it's worth it. Gives you more space to actually play together and the luggage allowance always comes in handy. We always did it.

I agree, get a seat. We took DD when she was 19 mths and paid for a seat. We had taken her to Paris a couple of times before she was 2 and just sat her on our knees. That was bad enough and that was just for 1.5 hours! Once they start being mobile there is no way that they will be happy to sit on your knee for the flight. At least with their own seat they can sit there and play with toys etc. Also, don't forget, a sleeping baby is a lot heavier than one that it is awake. This can be very uncomfortable for both parties!

I would say book the seat .
I took my little boy last October ( 15 months ) and paid for the seat and he travelled so well .
We paid again for him May just gone (22 months ) and had no problems whatsoever .
He sat on my lap for take off and landing this last trip because we didn't get him the infant care chair ( he had more room in his seat without it ) , but he got a little agitated with the lack of space , and having to be strapped in .

So I would say - book him a seat without a doubt .

Enjoy your trip !!!!::yes::

hiya

thanks for the advice everyone, I just called and booked him a seat.

I cant book the actual child carrier seat till 11 months from the return date.

so at least the seats there as I understand October 2009 is starting to book up

Hiya

I have been taking advice about possibly buying a seat for our little boy (wow that sounds wierd) for our October 2009 trip, right now its costing us £99 for a babe in arms, I have looked up the child price and its near enough £500.

So is it worth it, I mean baby will be 11 months

Just seems like a lot of money for 9 hours

anna

We didnt book our 11mth a seat last Oct but we did upgrade and requested seats at front and got them so he could sit on floor and play worked a treat. Although have to agree a sleeping baby is a heavy baby especially after a couple of hours !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter