£1=$1.90 today! (6th April)

stal

DIS Veteran
Hey,

Good rate today! This is from M&S, i got some yesterday and it was only very slightly higher. Might as well buy a few $$$ just incase ;)

Thanks for that, dont think it'll get much better before we go in May.:thumbsup2

1.93 yesterday at Bureau opposite kings Cross station, London, same in Moneygramme, Cleckheaton, West yorks.

About $1.97 if you use a Nationwide credit card and dont bother with cash:thumbsup2

Hi dc1964
Not far from me, just up the road in Thornhill, Dewsbury.

ah..... Sunny Thornhill. Looks like you spend most of the time in florida looking at the list of visits.

About $1.97 if you use a Nationwide credit card and dont bother with cash

but what if the rate drops before you go? doesn't that mean you'll get a worse rate of exchange? :confused3

Also, the 20% off event is on in M&S till the 11th. Get 20% off luggage and its also on 3 for 2 too! Useful if anyone needs suitcases for their Disney trips :laundy:

but what if the rate drops before you go? doesn't that mean you'll get a worse rate of exchange? :confused3

Also, the 20% off event is on in M&S till the 11th. Get 20% off luggage and its also on 3 for 2 too! Useful if anyone needs suitcases for their Disney trips :laundy:

Yes it does, but it works the other way, if I had bought my Dollars last year when we booked the holiday the rate was at $1.7362 so in exchanges I would probably have got abot $1.68ish. £2,000 would have bought me $3,360. My way I have kept my money in the bank earning 6% interest and will get a lot better exchange rate than last year. The differance between the 2 rates added to the interest I have earned totals more than £400 better off by using my card instead of exchanging for cash/TC. Also I prefer cards rather than carrying £2000 of cash or travellers cheques.
Obviously if the rate goes down you are worse off but with the interest you earn by keeping money added to the better rate with Nationwide it would have to go down quite a bit.
Worse than gambling this money exchanging business.:thumbsup2

Wayneg, we have a Nationwide debit card, are we able to use these in Usa, we used then in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore, we could get money out at a cash machine with no charge and it told us how much we had in our account in the local currency, do you know if this will be the same.

Wayneg, we have a Nationwide debit card, are we able to use these in Usa, we used then in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore, we could get money out at a cash machine with no charge and it told us how much we had in our account in the local currency, do you know if this will be the same.

Not sure about their debit card, but if it works in other countries I see no reason why it shouldn't in US. I think someone that posts often on the boards has one hopefully they will read this, I just can't remember who it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter