£ vs $ 12 month high

wayneg

Almost $1.63 (1.62980) might be a good time to pay off cruises, hotels etc if paying in $'s.

Good timing as my DVC annual dues are due :)

I have 2 cruises to pay off but they will have to hang on a little longer.

the direction the US economy is going (into the commode), we may see more highs in the months to come :rolleyes:

I don't think that's going to pan out. The US is about to boom due to fuel prices. Many many manufacturers are actually on-shoring for the first time in decades due to really low energy costs.

All due to shale gas. I can live with a few minor earthquakes in Blackpool if that's the effect the UK will get. The US is heading towards (if not already) being a net energy exporter which will boom the economy and pay for their healthcare scheme in one go!

All opinion so please don't base your currency exchange decisions on what I say lol. Do some reading though, very interesting stuff and might lead to a few shocks for OPEC.

The US economy is more likely to go backwards. They are likely to implement $1 trillion of budget cuts, which can only be bad news for the US economy. It would probably push up the exchange rate even further.

Having said that, it wouldn't be good for our economy either.

The fiscal plan of the US is to devalue the US$ against other currencies, through QE. Whether or not that will actually work out for them is yet to be seen because other countries are doing the same thing (China, UK) We could see a return to the good times, of $1.90 to the £, but equally, we could see it level out. My money is on a return to $1.70 to £ by the end of the financial year, but currencies are so unstable right now, it's hard to predict with any accuracy.

Another jump today, up to $1.6324. Hope it continues to rise.

Won't get 1.63 as tourist rate though, anywhere near 1.60 on high street is good today.

Im sure this has been asked before but if we were to order a FairFx card can we use it for purchases against our hotel room?

Have I left it too late to order a card we leave home 4 weeks today

Won't get 1.63 as tourist rate though, anywhere near 1.60 on high street is good today.

1.63 is for paying off anything in $'s, cruise, hotels, Discovery cove........ just use a fee free card to get the full rate.:thumbsup2
Gave up using tourist rate(exchanging money) years ago, it can be an advantage if the rate drops but generally I have found using full interbank rate(Post Office credit card) has saved me £100's.:thumbsup2

They come really quick, i dont use my fairfx as disney will put a hold on an amount and this amount will be taken from your card and held.

Im cruising with NCL in Europe this May. Does anyone know if they deal with dollars before (pre paying tips and onbord activities etc.) and during the cruise?

Could be good for us if they do.

1.63 is for paying off anything in $'s, cruise, hotels, Discovery cove........ just use a fee free card to get the full rate.:thumbsup2
Gave up using tourist rate(exchanging money) years ago, it can be an advantage if the rate drops but generally I have found using full interbank rate(Post Office credit card) has saved me £100's.:thumbsup2

Totally agree, we have the Halifax Clarity and wouldn't use anything else. It's also really cheap to withdraw money on. :thumbsup2

We have got to pay our timeshare fees tonight(in $) so it's good news for us. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter