£/$ hits 26 year high today

$2.017/£1
Glad I did not buy any $'s when all the offers were about. Looks like I did the right thing waiting. [/url]

still think that the $2-£1 was the best offer,and was worth buying.Even thougth ive got nationwide CC and flex account.Still as long as its over $2 aug £££ in
Paulh

still think that the $2-£1 was the best offer,and was worth buying.Even thougth ive got nationwide CC and flex account.Still as long as its over $2 aug £££ in
Paulh

Yes it was worth buying some if you wanted to guarantee £2/£1. All it needed was bad data from UK and good news from US and it could quite easily have gone down (Still could) I am just so weary about taking cash anywhere now after losing my wallet a few week back with over £500 in(got it back) even if its a worse rate I will use cards for everything abroad now.

im still glad i got $2 to the £ as well :) would be great if it went higher though as we will still spend on the c.cards ;)

I bought some money but not all of it hope it keeps this high till September.

Will certainly be interested if it goes higher:thumbsup2

M&S is very good and usually quite competitve. We always take a lot of money in travellers cheques when going, so if you are robbed you aren't out all of that money. Another good idea is to pay off your hotel stay when the rate is high, so you get the best rate from your credit card company.

Where is the best place to buy TC online?

I have normally bought mine online from travelex for pick up at the airport on departure. However this trip I bought from Thomas Cook when they had their 2 for £1 offer on.

Just checked travelex today and their rate is only 1.9157 :(

I got 1.93 at M&S but i'm not happy with the service as i asked if i could have mainly TC but i was told that they only had one $100 tc left, when the guy went to get this there were loads of tc in the wallet and i asked why i couldn't have best part of the $$$$ in tc i was greeted with a stare and no reason was given.
I prefer tc as if they are lost or stolen you can hopefully get them replace but with cash i'd have thought it to be more difficult.

Unless you get offered TC or cash at $2/£1 there are not many reasons to take them.
Nationwide credit card is accepted 99% of places in Florida, no worries about losing money or TC and having to replace. Far better rate ($2.017)
Rates around just now, $1.91-$1.93 are poor.
I know some people don't like Credit cards but they have saved me £100's of pounds compared to cash/tc over past few years.

I bought some money but not all of it hope it keeps this high till September.

Me Too :thumbsup2

Just about to pay off the rest of my trip on my Nationwide CC...as soon as my cheque clears :rolleyes:

The its off to get some cash for me!

Unless you get offered TC or cash at $2/£1 there are not many reasons to take them.
Nationwide credit card is accepted 99% of places in Florida, no worries about losing money or TC and having to replace. Far better rate ($2.017)
Rates around just now, $1.91-$1.93 are poor.
I know some people don't like Credit cards but they have saved me £100's of pounds compared to cash/tc over past few years.

the risk of a wait till we get there cause ive cot a "nationwide cc"can work against you.Have been going every year since 92 and rates have gone from $2-$1.35-$2.00.On average the rate has stayed the most around $1.60 (about 6 years).
Paulh

Certainly can, but out of 17 trips its only gone against me once.
Its a gamble anyway you do it, I just prefer the ease of cards.

I exchanged my money today and got $1.99 to the £ so was v happy :cool1:

I also have my Nationwide cc, but as we're in the process of moving house and getting married money's quite tight so I prefer to take cash so that I don't overspend!

I got it from Thomas Exchange Global in London - I think they're only in London too..............

I used the "Travel Money Maximiser" on the moneysavingexpert.com website to find the best place - might be a good place for you to look to find something local/the best delivery rate?

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter