‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Might Shoot In Puerto Rico By End of 2012

POC 5? Who would want to see this in any way, shape or form?

While I don't think we are at the end of civilization, I do think you can see it from here!

I would love to see a 5th movie. The 1st was my favourite but Stranger Tides is my 2nd. Much better than the 2nd and 3rd films.

My kiddos and I love the POC movies although I dont know at the moment what else Captain Jack could search for to live forever?

Seriously? Why don't they go ahead and just turn it into a tv series already!:happytv:

I think the movies are fun and the kids love them. I'm Ok with another one. Don't you want to see Jack get the Pearl out of the bottle? :lmao::rotfl2:

POC 5? Who would want to see this in any way, shape or form?

Ummm, "On Stranger Tides" made a BILLION dollars worldwide> yes, that's with a B -
From Boxoffice Mojo:
POTC 4: On Stranger Tides
Domestic: $241,071,802 23.1%
+ Foreign: $802,800,000 76.9%
= Worldwide: $1,043,871,802

Compare this to the other 3:
Curse of the Black Pearl
Domestic: $305,413,918 46.7%
+ Foreign: $348,850,097 53.3%
= Worldwide: $654,264,015

Dead Man's Chest
Domestic: $423,315,812 39.7%
+ Foreign: $642,863,913 60.3%
= Worldwide: $1,066,179,725

At World's End
Domestic: $309,420,425 32.1%
+ Foreign: $654,000,000 67.9%
= Worldwide: $963,420,425

So, though the US gross has dropped, the Worldwide Gross has remained near $1 Billion each time and 4 actually improved on 3. Oh - And a final note - On Stranger Tides is #5 ALL-TIME foreign box office.

So when you ask "Who would want to see this?" Disney executives and shareholders.There's almost no chance they WON'T make another one as long as Johnny Depp is will to show up for his $50 million check.

I just watch the last one on TV yesterday.. I love those movies.. but then again that is also my favorite ride at both DL and DW..

And they have to do a 5th one because we have to see how the Pearl gets out of the bottle lol

Personally would love to see a 5th one.

ONe thing I was always curious the black girl from the first movie who plays the black girl in the new star trek, why didnt she return ? I loved her small part in the first one and would have loved to see her character return.

I could definitely see a 5 and 6th one. I really enjoyed these movies and they made the attraction a MUST do for my family and I

OMG. You guys are the people the Disney bean counters are counting on. Build crap, put the Disney name on on it and watch it sell. Poor Walt really must be dead a thousand times over (and I hate invoking a long dead mans ideals into current time).

Is there anyone who can actully say these are good films? I mean made well, good script, good acting, good storeytelling? Yes they make money but is that really your criteria? Really? Honey boo boo and the Kardshians get good ratings and make their companies money. Do you defend them too?

Instead of playing it safe for entertaiment you are comfortable with wouldn't it be better to demand a new success? A new classic that you can fall for rather than more vanilla ice cream? I guess not.:sad:

And let me guess, your the expert on what is good and not good ?

Your opinion is just that, your opinion that is where it ends. I said I liked them I said I want to see more.

But in return you attack people with different opinions ?

Sorry, I just didnt read the disclaimer where it said your opinion is the only one that matters because its the only right one . I will make sure I shut up now because my opinion doesnt matter because I am not right.

And let me guess, your the expert on what is good and not good ?

Your opinion is just that, your opinion that is where it ends. I said I liked them I said I want to see more.

But in return you attack people with different opinions ?

Sorry, I just didnt read the disclaimer where it said your opinion is the only one that matters because its the only right one . I will make sure I shut up now because my opinion doesnt matter because I am not right.

You mean you don't have the ability to see that personal opinion means squat? A good film isn't good because it's my opinion, that has no bearing whatsoever.

There are loads of truly great films that I personally don't like. Forest Gump for example. I hate that movie but I am intelligent enough to recognize that it is my personal makeup or bias that causes my dislike. I recognize that the film was made well. The script, the cohesiveness, the acting, the story telling ... All great. I didn't like it.

The POC movies can all be considered entertaining but like I said so is Honey boo boo to some people. Does their opinion alone make it quality tv? I don't think so.

If you live by the wal mart mentality, the wal Mart life is what you get.

The heck with Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Good Morning VietNam, The Sound of Music, MaryPoppins, etc. They could have just made sequels to all of these if money were all it was about. Is that really your standard? Imagine the great 'new idea' films we could have received if the film makers made films for quality sake instead of just box office?

I agree to disagree but don't paint me as a "only my opinion counts" guy because I readily admit my opinion is just that. Mine. The reality is a whole 'nother story.

having your own opinion is okay, attacking people because they have a opinion that isnt yours is what you did.

pretty simple , dont try to make it another matter, like you are now

state your opinion without attacking others ( intelligently )-- which you didnt do

Dont state your opinion by attacking other's opinion ( ignorantly )---which you did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter