Ziploc bag in carry-on: can it be SMALLER than QUART?

Todd&Copper

<font color=darkorchid>Sweet Chicken, that is one
Question: I will only have a 3 oz bottle of sunscreen, lip gloss and mascara in my carry-on that need to be in a ziploc. Can I use a sandwich size bag, or does it HAVE to be quart (I only have sandwich and gallon at home right now).

TIA!

As long as the TSA agents can clearly see all the products I dont think it will matter. You have only 3 things, just make sure it is sealable bag. I don't think a regular type sandwich bag will do.;)

Yes, it can be smaller than 1 quart. You may use a sealable sandwich bag if that size will hold all your carry on liquids.

Although it defy's reason I would recommend you get a quart size bag. There are some TSA agents who enforce the rules literally and won't make any exceptions. Unfortunately my MIL got one at Logan who would not let her through with a sandwich ziploc rather than a quart size. She had flown 4+ times from Logan with the sandwich zip lock and the same items inside prior but this agent would not let it through.

Luckily a passenger behind her had some extra quart size bags and helped her out. I now carry extra's myself so I can re-pay her favor:)

You can get the store brand quart size ziplock bags pretty cheap and they do come in handy once you have them.

TJ

Although it defy's reason I would recommend you get a quart size bag. There are some TSA agents who enforce the rules literally and won't make any exceptions. Unfortunately my MIL got one at Logan who would not let her through with a sandwich ziploc rather than a quart size. She had flown 4+ times from Logan with the sandwich zip lock and the same items inside prior but this agent would not let it through.

Luckily a passenger behind her had some extra quart size bags and helped her out. I now carry extra's myself so I can re-pay her favor:)

You can get the store brand quart size ziplock bags pretty cheap and they do come in handy once you have them.

TJ

Also, in the Travel Section of Toiletries at Wal-Mart, you can get "TSA Bags", in a package of 2 or 3 bags for about a $1.

Thanks! I guess I'll stop at the store on my way home from work for a box of quart size bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter