Zip codes

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
I'll be using my TomTom for the first time on this trip :thumbsup2

Do I just use the zip codes, as navigation points, in the same way as I'd put a post code in the sat nav in the uk?

I've never used satnav, but I don't think just a zip code would be enough to get to your destination as they cover huge areas.

I'm in the process of 'Googling' where we want to go and writing down the addresses :thumbsup2

Do I just use the zip codes, as navigation points, in the same way as I'd put a post code in the sat nav in the uk?

I imagine it works in the same way as in UK. Don't forget the POI's on your TomTom. These will include all the major attractions over there.
I intend buying the Florida map for my TomTom when we go....for £30 it's much cheaper than adding the satnav option when hiring the car.

Hi Alison,

The US zip codes cover a much wider area than our Post codes, so if you have the actual address, this would be better for you.
We use our Garmin out there and have got a Florida map on a card which we just plug in.
The maps usually have most of the theme parks etc. so you shouldn't have a problem.

Tracy x

I've pre-set it with the addresses I think we'll need so just busy charging everything up and thinking about packing ;)

I've pre-set it with the addresses I think we'll need so just busy charging everything up and thinking about packing ;)

Hi Alison,
Have a fantastic trip... have you got room for a little one in your suitcase????
Tracy xx

Have a great time Alison and please let us know how you get on with your TomTom over there.

We used FIL's Tom Tom while we were there and we just typed in the name of the park that we wanted to visit and it found it really easily. It was so much easier to find places with the Tom Tom than a manual map, many arguments were avoided! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter