Zeta Ladies! (Homecoming Info Inside)

I have 4.5 hrs and counting ;)

Yipeee!!! I am finally home and resting after doing my errands! Who knew DH's b-day would be such a big deal :) :bday: But I have his gifts done and am now working on my anniversary gift for him :love2: See you ladies in a few hours! (Tishke I will see you around 6:30 or so if that is ok with you?)

Thank you to all the Zeta Ladies who came out last night for the meeting and the party. Minute cake was being gone through left and right and someone drank the last of the fishwater :earseek: Wow, I was half expecting someone to try to come up with a VMK version of "TOGA, TOGA".

Here is a little recap from the meeting:

1. A big welcome to our new officers:
**PixieBella** Official Zeta Secretary and Minutes Keeper
**CL_RealLabGirl** Official Zeta Photographer (I am sure there are some good ones from the party!)

2. We are in total consensus of having the Big Sister/Little Sister program. Any VMK lady who wishes to be paired up with a Big Sister, or vice versa, please PM me with Zeta Sister in the subject line so I can start pairing people up.

3. We decided to go ahead with the gift exchange program. There will be two different versions. One will be completely in game and virtual, the other will be real. First, the rules:

** If you agree to participate in either program, realize that you are making a commitment to make magic for someone. Please do not sign up if you are not able to fully complete the program.

**All programs will run in a five week cycle. This will be enough time to fully allow packages to arrive, and for there to (hopefully) be a new event in the game.

**Each program requires that you message your pal, either on VMK or the Dis, at least twice a week. (Any more than that is up to you) There are a variety of ways you can do this. You can send e-cards with Disney themes, send creative little messages and really brighten someone's day.

**Each program requires a gift exchange (duh! lol). In the virtual program, the gifts are up to you, but a small gift a week (maybe 100 credits or so, we can always use another chair) followed by a big gift at the end (maybe 500 credits or so) would be great fun. Just think, you get to create a mule to earn credits and spread the Disney magic! Woot Woot, we can all be Tinkerbell! --In the real mail exchange, a requirement of one package during the 5 week program is required. We're keeping the dollar amount of $20 US. If you want to spend more, that is your choice. Hopefully this will be something that is not viewed as a financial strain, so more can participate. (If you are concerned about living outside the US and participating, we have plenty of Zeta ladies, we can find someone close to you and it shouldn't be a problem at all.) You just have to show your creativity in making a package....hit the clearance at the Disney Store!! If you want to participate send me a PM with Zeta VMK program, or Zeta Mail Program....or Zeta BOTH programs.

**For each program, I will send you a survey. Please fill it out so that I can match a secret pal to you. You can then create a name for yourself and make with the pixie dust.

**Most of all....KEEP IT SECRET!! The person that you are sending to is not going to be the same that send to you, so there will be a lot of guessing going on :teeth: At our next official Zeta Meeting, we will do the big reveal!

Whew, it was a jam packed meeting. After this, we adjourned to the PARTY!!!!

At the party, LittleBelle and Canadian went head-to-head as the tackiest dressed at the party. We thought it was about to UGLY! LittleBelle was declared the winner and took home a Haunted Mansion Magenta Organ from the VMK tour. Congrats!!

In other news, we were excited to see some new faces around :goodvibes Please don't ever feel that the Zetas are an exclusionary club. We welcome all of the VMK Adult Dis Ladies to each and every event. That way, we can have our good times without worrying about tainting the minds of the youth! Oh, the Princess Tee Knees can flow freely as well.

So, there you have, the minutes from Homecoming meeting. Too bad we don't have a fight song! The first set of programs will start on October 1st. That gives us time to save up money/credits and time to plan how to spoil our secret pals rotten.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

:wizard: Surveys for the program will start to go out this evening. There is still time to sign up. Sign-ups will continue through next Friday and then we will have a week to prepare before the spoiling begins :wizard:

Just bumping this up so everyone gets a shot to sign up :Pinkbounc

In other news, we were excited to see some new faces around :goodvibes Please don't ever feel that the Zetas are an exclusionary club. We welcome all of the VMK Adult Dis Ladies to each and every event. That way, we can have our good times without worrying about tainting the minds of the youth! Oh, the Princess Tee Knees can flow freely as well.

Not an exclusionary club, huh? Can I be a little sister then? Sorry, Miss Belle, lol, I couldn't resist!

Sundowner76 said:
Not an exclusionary club, huh? Can I be a little sister then? Sorry, Miss Belle, lol, I couldn't resist!

Well I should have expected this from you! Tsk tsk tsk :banana: So yes, I can take you under my wing if you so desire. We can dress up in fancy girlie clothes and talk all about cute boys! :teeth:

So Tishke did a wonderful thing by posting the minutes and coming up with some great ideas! It is sad to me, however, that only a handful want to actually participate in the gift exchanges (virtual/irl). Also, not many people have inquired about the big sis/little sis program.

When we first began the Zetas of VMK, it was all about us girls (and yes a handful of boys...shame shame ;) ) dancing around and having fun and talking. I know for a FACT Tishke has put a LOT Of time and energy into the idea of the Zeta girls. She has instituted a meet during February of 2006 and all the programs listed in the minutes. We take our Zeta events very seriously. It is a time for us girls to get to know each other better, with no barriers but the VMK dictionary. We dont have to always talk about being a princess, we talk about sports and families (the best we can) as well. Because of previous Zeta events I have gotten to know some of the girls quite well and am able to talk to them daily irl. It is nice that these friendships have been rooted by the Zeta meetings.
I guess my feeling is that, when the next Zeta meetings come around, lets try to branch out of talking to our own group of friends. We are a great! group of ladies, and should not feel limited in conversing to only women on our friends lists. Branch out and try to make new friends and get to know other players better! You never know when you might stumble upon someone who is the "diamond in the rough"...(Aladdin :wizard: ).
Maybe I am biased and by myself in my beliefs. If so, then please everyone speak up and speak your minds as to how YOU feel about the Zeta ladies. I want to make sure there is no bashing though, as we are all adults (when it comes to Zeta ladies) and should be kind to each other while expressing our views.

Thanks for reading...BTW, Vegas is 3 days away :smooth:

Surveys went out for the VMK gift echange only moments ago!! If you would like to participate in the gift exchange kept solely on VMK, please let me know so that I can get a survey out to you. Sign-ups will close on Firday evening so that I have time to assign a friend to you.

Please fill out the survey and return it to me so i can get you assigned to a pal and vice versa.

Hope you have a magical morning!! :wizard:

**UPDATE**

Sign ups are now closed and the spoiling is about to begin for those wonderful ladies who are a part of this program. Pal names will go out this weekend. Please do not tell anyone who your pal is, let's see who can keep the secret the longest ;)

Oh, I am so excited! I can't wait to find out who I get to gift!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter