Zelda for the DS

emily1982

<font color=purple>Esteemed and very valued DIS Ve
Does anyone have this game on the DS?

I started it yesterday and everytime i die (which is regulary) it sends me miles back even though i saved it at the right spot. Am i doing something wrong?:confused3

Zelda games traditionally have a funny way of handling saves - they tend to save when you enter major places etc, so if you haven't done that for a while then it can seem like you get sent back a long way.

Keep at it though, Phantom Hourglass is a fantastic game. I haven't finished it yet because I became rather busy, but I really enjoyed what I did play of it.

Like the pp said, Zelda games (rpg games in general really) tend to send you back to the last main checkpoint if you die. I've got the game and it is worth the effort!
My advice is: try not to die :lmao: No, just kidding: if there's a particular point you're having problems with perhaps look on one of the many internet walkthough guides or ask on the DIS.
Good luck :goodvibes

This is very bad...but ive cheated several times so far!!! :sad2:

This is very bad...but ive cheated several times so far!!! :sad2:

No harm in that, I don't think I've finished a Zelda game without at least sneaking a peak at a walkthrough at some point and I've finished almost all the Zelda games that have been released over the years :rotfl2:

No harm in that, I don't think I've finished a Zelda game without at least sneaking a peak at a walkthrough at some point and I've finished almost all the Zelda games that have been released over the years :rotfl2:

Same.

I love Phantom Hourglass, I'm about 2/3's of the way through but I'm keeping the last bits for on the plane to FL in 2 weeks. Now... if only I could handle the fishing in Twilight Princess on the Wii....

I am so frustrated with this game!!

It annoys me that you have to go back to the same temple over and over, and now I'm in it for the final time and its sooooooooo hard.

Otherwise I love it, love it!!

Same.

I love Phantom Hourglass, I'm about 2/3's of the way through but I'm keeping the last bits for on the plane to FL in 2 weeks. Now... if only I could handle the fishing in Twilight Princess on the Wii....

I never did get the hang of the fishing in that one. At least you don't need to be able to do it in order to complete the story though

The thing with this game is I can't see how you can get through it without cheating as some of the things you have to do aren't exactly obvious...does everyone cheat or am I just thick???:rotfl:

Also i'm enjoying the game (appart from the cheating) can anyone recommend similar games. Thanks:thumbsup2

I stopped playing it after getting annoyed with having to do the Temple of the Ocean King over and over and over!!

Not sure there are any similar (quality wise) games, although Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is pretty good on a similar rpg note

:goodvibes

The thing with this game is I can't see how you can get through it without cheating as some of the things you have to do aren't exactly obvious...does everyone cheat or am I just thick???:rotfl:

Also i'm enjoying the game (appart from the cheating) can anyone recommend similar games. Thanks:thumbsup2

Don't worry about the cheating part - I've actually got the strategy guide for LOZ:PH, without it I would barely have made it past the first dungeon :lmao:

I agree that Mario and Luigi: Partners in time is another good, similar rpg. If you want a real challenge though, Final Fantasy IV is out next month, or pick up one of the older FF DS titles.

In terms of quality DS games (aside from the obvious New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing etc), Soul Bubbles which was out recently is great and so are the Pokemon games and if you want something a bit different Elite Beat Agents and the Phoenix Wright games are worth trying. Also, I personally can't wait for the release of Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage which looks really interesting! :yay:

Normally I just stick to games which you can pick up anytime an are free-play but really enjoying the level game.

Don't worry about the cheating part - I've actually got the strategy guide for LOZ:PH, without it I would barely have made it past the first dungeon :lmao:

I agree that Mario and Luigi: Partners in time is another good, similar rpg. If you want a real challenge though, Final Fantasy IV is out next month, or pick up one of the older FF DS titles.

In terms of quality DS games (aside from the obvious New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing etc), Soul Bubbles which was out recently is great and so are the Pokemon games and if you want something a bit different Elite Beat Agents and the Phoenix Wright games are worth trying. Also, I personally can't wait for the release of Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage which looks really interesting! :yay:

gotta agree with phoenix wright, played and loved all 3 plus Apollo justice, hotel dusk is pretty good too!

Is Professor Layton not out yet? I got it a while back, but didn't get into it at all!! Can see it's appeal tho, lots of little brain Teasing puzzles linked with a storyline :)

Well ive just got off the Zelda game it has to be the most frustrating game EVER!! I've died twice in the temple and it sends me right back to level one in the temple....argh!!!

Well ive just got off the Zelda game it has to be the most frustrating game EVER!! I've died twice in the temple and it sends me right back to level one in the temple....argh!!!

So so annoying isn't it - thats why i gave up on it!!
There's no need to have to replay that stupid temple over and over again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter