Zafira's and stolen spare wheels

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Does anyone else out there own a Zafira! I have just had my third spare wheel stolen (for those of you that don't know the spare hangs in a cage underneath the vehicle, which in theory can't be opened only via unscrewing a bolt in the boot, but it is apparantly easy enough to use a chisel or a screwdriver and remove the spare wheel), this one was paddlocked on and sprayed bright yellow with stolen sprayed on in red one side and our registration no. in red on the other side! Vauxhall apparantly now sell and locking device, has anyone any experience with it, are they good, are they expensive! My one consolation this time is they got a cheap and crappy tyre on a free rim given to me by my local tyre shop (gave the owner some money for a drink), my thinking behind only buying a cheap tyre was that if I needed a new one I would use spare only to get me to a garage and then buy a decent one, but after 12 years of driving and never having to change flat yet, and the possiblity of it being stolen thought this was cheapest route.

Although it hasn't happened to me (touch wood!), the same thing happens on the Citroen Picasso. The spare is hung under the boot and released by a bolt from inside. But it's quite easy to remove the spare by letting the air out of the tire!

I know Citroen do a security chain, but it's quite expensive. I have read of people getting a bit of chain and a padlock to make their own - you might be able to do something similar on the Vauxhall.

I phone my local garage today, the device is called a K-Lock and it works out at £37.41 incl. vat a lot cheaper than a new spare wheel and tyre, its like a circular plate that covers the central part of the wheel with a bolt through to the boot, so they can't jimmy it off with a screwdriver. I am going to go there and they will demonstrate it for me!

WE have got a Piccasso and we bought a K lock when we bought the car, so far there has been no problems.

Lindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter