Yup, crazy....heading back to WDW

simba20

DIS Veteran
The hubster and I have a crazy summer coming up. After out trip to WDW last week with my in-laws we felt as thought our vacation was unsettled, so we thought about going back. We considered using our AP discount and paying cash but the prices wer coming out higher than we wanted (last July we got a AKV studio for 3 or 4 nights at $750 for the entire stay). Nothign was beating that.

So last night, the hubster starts talking about going back. After telling him rates I found online, we sit disappointed and then the solution hits me. BORROW POINTS! (as we used almost all of this year's points on last week's stay in a 2 bed with my in-laws). So we calculate things out, and find that even if we borrow, we will still have enough points left for a trip next year as well. Oh yeah.....

So I called today, knowing it's basically last minute and all, and got a studio for us at SSR. We are heading back at the end of May beginning of June before our APs expire. So yay, on spending no money for a room (well except for our DVC payments) and no money needed for tickets. Now we are working out if we want to add the dining plan or not, our only cost besides a little spending money.

And YAY to no strss of having others come along with us. Disney our style our way......

Awesome, I know the feeling. We went down last month and travelling with a few other people it just felt like something more was needed and we realized we needed to go back ourselves. We can't do it this year so that is a drag.

congratulations--we were there in mid march and are going back end of May and staying at OKW. Love those points.

Doing the same thing - Went with my parents in March. The entire trip felt "off". So booked a trip for Thanksgiving week.

Hi simba20,
You have to love it when it a plans come together. :woohoo: Last minute trips are great fun. Enjoy your alone time and have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

I wish we live close enough to just "drive down" to WDW :( 19 hours is quite a long way! I have 160 points expiring next year (3/2012) that we won't use since I'm pregnant and having a baby this summer and just came back from our Spring Break WDW trip.

Need to get a good offer in the area so we can move!!! :)

Yeah!!!! What a great idea! Just gotta love our DVC!! I too feel the same way this year. We had a trip in January, stayed at BWV 2 bedroom with friends and their two children. In September, we are staying at BLT with my Mom, and then in October, BLT again with friends for F&W. We won't have time in the World by ourselves until February 2012!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, non-stressful trip!!

Cyndi

We did a similar thing at Christmas. We took my parents, sister, and her fiance to WDW and the whole trip was off so two days after being home from WDW we turned around and went to DL. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter