Youth Rates on Southwest?

PrincessJasmine08

<font color=magenta>That is insane! I had no idea
I just came across this on Southwest.com:

Youth who are at least 12 years of age but who have not reached their 22nd birthday can fly to any of our cities, any time of the day or night, at the applicable Youth Fare.

Does anyone know about youth fares? Are they usually good deals? I am 20 and I will be traveling with my sister and my cousin (both 15) so we are all eligible for youth fares. I can't call Southwest right now, I will call tonight to find out any info, but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew anything. Thanks!

PrincessJasmine08 said:
I just came across this on Southwest.com:

Youth who are at least 12 years of age but who have not reached their 22nd birthday can fly to any of our cities, any time of the day or night, at the applicable Youth Fare.

Does anyone know about youth fares? Are they usually good deals? I am 20 and I will be traveling with my sister and my cousin (both 15) so we are all eligible for youth fares. I can't call Southwest right now, I will call tonight to find out any info, but I just wanted to see if anyone here knew anything. Thanks!
They are only available by phone, you will need ID to prove your ages and they are often more expensive than the online specials and you cannot check in online.

Youth fares are cheaper than their most expesive fully-refundable tickets, but are no cheaper or more expensive than their Internet/Promotional/Fun fares. Most of the time, you'll be able to find something in one of those cheap categories.

However, there are times when the cheapest possible flight will be a youth fair. Just understand you can't use online check-in for those flights, so be sure the discount is worth the extra hassle.

For anyone who may have been wondering about this, I just got a chance to call Southwest. Of course what everyone posted was correct! :thumbsup2 The youth fare is a slight discount off the fully refundable fare and I did do better by booking the internet special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter