Youth Education Series - K to 2nd Final List

going2wdw

Praying for peace
I wanted to put this in a new post so we can begin a final sign up of those interested in doing an education series during the convention. I need to get a final count and what everyone is interested in. If a parent would like to chaperone let me know. We need at least one per group.

From the convention scedule Friday looks like the best day for a class with Thursday being the 2nd choice.

The information I'll need for registration is:
1) Your child's name, age and grade in November. (send an e-mail with specific - don't post)
2) The type of tickets you will have, we may be able to get some group tickets but everyone taking a class will need to use a park admission day. I don't have the exact pricing but the classes are about $20 if you already have admission. The group tickets were very reduced but expire 7 days after first use.
3) I've tried to narrow the class choices based on the ages of the kids. I've put the ones I think are best tell me which you like best or nominate one from the web site: Disney Y.E.S. Site

We will have to send the registration in 6 weeks before the convention and all fees will have to be collected in advance so they can be paid when the package is picked up.

I was hoping we have enough people interested to do a class for the younger ones and another for the older. The minimum for a group is 10.

The class choices for the Kindergarten to 2nd Grade group are:

Kindergarten - 2nd Grade -- Ranch Life
Experience a "day on the ranch" at Disney's Tri-Circle-D Ranch. A hay ride, a pony ride, a barn visit, and hands-on animal encounters highlight this wonder-filled interactive program.
3-hr Standard Study at Disney Wilderness Adventures Course at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

Kindergarten - 12th Grade -- Wildlife Environments
Discover hidden treasures in nature often missed by the untrained eye. Students learn how to observe and interpret animal behavior in the wild and gain basic outdoor skills.
3-hr Standard Study at Disney Wilderness Adventures Course at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

This is a great opportunity to do something a little different at Disney. The classes are only available to groups of 10 or more.

This is the list of interested children from the orginal post:
DIS name ------ Age at convention
*mnbrowns DD ---- 4
*Tiger Fan DD ------ 5
*Emmy DD ------ 5
*Emmy DS ------ 6
*going2wdw DD#2 ------ 7
dizkneybabe DD ------ 8
*mnbrowns DD ---- 8

*Confirmed

You can take us off the list... sniff, sniff

We cancelled months ago.

I'm still hoping for DIS-CON 2002.

I don't think that we will be able to fit it in with all of the other things we have to do. This is our first trip to WDW and our itinerary is going to be rather daunting as is.

Thanks bashful64, I understand looking at the itinerary is daunting. It's going to be hard to find spare minutes. Maybe we can do it another time.

Is this something still in the works??? I have a first grade boy who would love to do one of the programs ---has there been enough interest in any of them? I'm just starting my planning now, so I could work other stuff around it. We have annual passes this year. I can't believe it's September 7 and I'm just starting to plan this trip. I'm really SLOW!
Thanks-

It is still in the works. We don't have the minimum yet and have to have that before we can send in an application. Do you want me to add you to the list?

We might be interested what day are you doing this? we won't arrive til 12/01 ( 4pm ) but if its on Sunday 12/02 we maybe can go.. Thanks Michelle ps i have a DS 5 and a DD 8 (K and 2nd)

bigsis - it is looking like Friday will be the best day with Thursday as an alternative. They only do the programs duing Mon-Fri so weekends aren't an option. Thanks for your interest and let us know if you think.

Oh sorry we don't get there till Saturday 12/01/01.. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter