Yourride was our ride and it was all good!

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
I posted a full trip report on the trip reports board and below is an excerpt of our Yourride experience:

". . .a Yourride representative (Ronnie) waiting for us at baggage claim. I planned to surprise my son and daughter with a stretch limo for our transportation and my planning worked like a charm. Ronnie was merely greeting us because our limo driver, Jim, was en route but had not yet arrived. Ronnie insisted on snagging our luggage from the conveyor belt and assisting us to the limousine which, by the time the luggage was retrieved, had arrived.

As we exited the lower level of the airport, I pointed out the white stretch to our son and daughter—our daughter was so envious and commented that someone was lucky but not us. I replied that it was for us and she said “yeah, right. . .” and I quietly responded with “mmmhmmm”. She was aghast and speechless (certainly a first for her)—she may have gotten out a “you’re kidding?” and our son’s jaw was on his chest. We were given a very warm greeting from Jim, snapped some photographs, shot a bit of video, and then climbed in for a trip to Publix and on to WDW.

The Publix Jim drove us to was, according to Jim, “nearly in Kissimmee”. On past trips we stopped at a Publix in a shopping strip mall that was near Sea World—he didn’t; however, seem to know about that particular location. Needless to say, we were quite surprised during the trip that the drive seemed unfamiliar. We found this Publix to be exceptionally clean and quiet—it was adjacent to the newly erected/opened Gaylord Palms Resort (quite an impressive place I should note). We picked up some adult beverages for our room and were Polynesian bound within 10 minutes. We entered WDW property from the South and saw the All Stars resorts close up for the first time—we don’t drive in WDW and never visited the resorts. Pop Century is as gaudy as everyone says, but the kids seemed to think it quite cool!

We arrived at the Polynesian in short order (flight landed at 11:33 a.m. and we were exiting the limousine around 12:30 p.m.).

Our return trip was changed (by us) and accommodated very nicely by Rabbitt & Jim. My husband had had his fill of rain and the weather outlook for the day was awful. The lounge and GCH were zoos with people staying in and there wasn't a quiet corner anywhere. We were supposed to stay at WDW for dinner and be picked up at 9:00 p.m. but DH had had enough. He wanted a little peace and quiet to unwind at the end of the trip.

Ron quickly phoned Rabbitt. Rabbitt in turn phoned Jim to see if he could collect us sooner than 9:00 p.m.. When Rabbitt phoned back he indicated that Jim could come for us BUT he would not have the stretch available until the originally agreed upon time—9:00 p.m. Jim would gladly pick us up in an Expedition if that was acceptable. Despite Taylor’s protestations, Ron agreed to the Expedition—anything to get out of there early!

Jim arrived within an hour of our call and we were safely transported from the Polynesian to the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport for our final night.

Yourride could have made us wait, but Rabbitt and Jim (who wasn't even on duty at the time) went out of their way to accommodate our desires!

Thanks Rabbitt & Jim--while we all missed our stretch limo return to the airport--it was worth it to get to our final night's destination for a bit of peace, quiet, and down time!

We appreciate your attentive service!

Thank you for sharing that with us. Its GREAT to hear that they went out of their way for you. We had Ronnie for our driver for the last 2 years and he is great.

GREAT JOB YOUR RIDE :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This sounds so fun! I've got a stretch limo from Yourride booked four our October trip as a surprise for my DD(28) & DGD(7)!hehehe. My DGD has just recently "discovered" limos and thinks their really cool....I told her that when she grows up to be rich & famous, she might be able to ride one.hehehe. I can't wait to see her face when Yourride pulls up to get us in it!

Oh, I need to ask you though...although I think I have it booked, I'm not certain. I emailed Rabbit and he gave me prices on two services we'd need...I'm getting a towncar to take them to Discovery Cove one day...anyway, I emailed him back to book us for it, but I didn't hear anything else from him. I asked him in the email if I needed to do anything else, like a deposit or something... Are we supposed to get some sort of confirmation or anything? Should I email him again to make sure?

If it makes you feel better, you could e-mail and ask him to confirm the res. You could also telephone him at the toll free number on the website. I'm sure Rabbitt would be happy to confirm it for you.

It was great fun having the stretch, but I suppose it's more of a one time experience--at least for us. Have a great time--I'll have to live WDW trips vicariously for another year! :(

Tess,

We used Yourride last week and also had a stretch with Jimmy as our driver. He was great, wasn't he? We did the stretch for my nephew who went through 10 months of chemo last year. He's fine now, thank God, and also really into limos. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Yourride to anyone!

Jennymouse,

Just give Rabbit a call and he will confirm everything. We also used two different services with him although I only initially confirmed the limo. I just called him when I arived at WDW to arrange for our trip to Universal and he took care of everything.

I felt the same way about making the reservation with Rabbit, it was too easy. I emailed Rabbit to email me to make me feel that everything was in place, and it was.

We had Ronnie as our driver from the Poly. to Port Canaveral. He was great. He was very professional and helpful. Even my husband was impressed with Ronnie. Also, the car was very clean, and no scents (like smoke or heavy perfumes). We wouldn't hesitate at all using this company again.

Have fun.

We used Your Ride as well on our recent trip to WDW and the Swan. We had Jim on the trip to the Swan and Mo on the way back to the airport. They were both there a few minutes early and we had great trips both ways. We will definitely use them again.

For those of you who rented the stretch limo from YourRide did it include the grocery stop and did it have a tv, pop included, etc? I am thinking of surprising my DH and DD (8) with a limo...
Thanks.

Yes, Annie, to all of your questions!!! We absolutely loved the experience!

Jim was our driver too. (no stretch, but didn't expect or ask for one.)
He's a good guy.
Even at POR (pick up) Jim was helping another driver while at the same time being very attentive to us.
He is a gem. :)
Rabbitz was always checking in with Jim to make sure everything was going as scheduled and we were being taken care of.
YourRide's service was perfect.
Thnaks to us, Jim knows where the Disney discount outlet store is outside of WDW, in case anyone wants to go there instead of the grocery store! ;)
I have to add that I think DH is sold on the town car experience now too, over Mears and rental cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter