You're going to Disneyland when?

WestCoastMama

Mouseketeer
My family is booked to go to Disneyland/Ca. Adven. December 26-27. :yay: Staying at the DL Hotel the first night and Comfort Inn Maingate the second night. We are surprising my sister who will be in town for the holidays. :love: We have been told on several occasions how crazy :crowded: it will be but it's the only time we can go. Any suggestions or advice on how to brave the crowds. :confused3 Also we are considering the 2 day meal plan. Any thoughts on that?
:flower3: TIA

A quick FYI, for planning questions, try posting on the main DLR board. This will get you quicker and more responses. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

It is going to be incredibly busy. Plan well, and have relistic expectations.

For the meal plan know a few things. It's not like WDW where you would get a TS, CS and snack. You will get voucher that total the amount you paid. You will not get any change when using the vouchers. You can apply the vouchers anyway you want. Take the $5 snack and use it as a tip on a TS. You can only use the vouchers in the parks and Disney Hotels, not in DTD. So you should have a good idea where you are going to eat. Most people will say avoid it because you will loose money not getting change back and you can break even at best. But you might consider it if you are doing character meals you can most likely save, by buying the coupons which are currently at their normal price, while the meal will have a seasonal increase in price. For menus look at this link. http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

One suggestion I'd have is to make the earliest reservation for Minnie and Friends Breakfast on Tuesday. You can eat there before the park opens, DL will be open for Morning Magic(something like EMH in WDW). This breakfast has awesome characters. You can eat and then catch the end of Morning Magic.

On Monday you might want to see World of Color. A perk of staying onsite is you can enter Disney California Adventure through a special entrance out of the Grand Californian Hotel. They will let you in probably at 9am, handing you a Show Ticket to see WoC. Maybe at 9:15. Normal guests are let in through the main entrance at 9:30. You can get the WoC Show Tickets, get Soarin FPs, ride Soaring and Little Mermaid, and wait for the rope drop into the rest of DCA. Rope drop is at 10am. The rope drop goes to Toy Story, but is not a crazy as it is at WDW.

Use FP a lot. It works like in WDW. You can get you next one when the window opens or two hours later, which ever come first. You can use them after the window is closed for the rest of the day. BTMRR and Roger Rabbits Cartoon sping are not connected to the rest of the FP machines, so you can get BTMRR then Splash 4 minutes later, it won't be affected by the time limits. DLR FP attractions.

Eat at off hours. Keep an eye out there will likely be coupons to do that coming out in a couple weeks.

For crowds and such

A quick FYI, for planning questions, try posting on the main DLR board. This will get you quicker and more responses. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

It is going to be incredibly busy. Plan well, and have relistic expectations.

Thank you :) for your advice and the suggestion to move my thread. Could you tell me more about the coupons? What kind of coupons should I look out for and where would I find them?

Jen

Thank you :) for your advice and the suggestion to move my thread. Could you tell me more about the coupons? What kind of coupons should I look out for and where would I find them?

Jen

Last year, the were announced on the Disney Blog. You can subscribe to that on FB. Last year's coupon were for select CS locations. You will see the Disneyland coupon in pink. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY11Q1TwitterDisneyParks08-12-10@0026

Also if you are considering TS meals, you should make reservations soon. Reservations can usually be made very last minute, but for your week I wouldn't hesitate. Call Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463, for all DLR TS locations except Rain Forest Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter