You're designing a new Disney ride:

What level of 'physical' should the next E-ticket have?

• Wild and Wooly! It should make The Hulk look like a kiddie ride!

• Let's Rock! Rock n' Roller Coaster is da bomb!

• Blastoff! Space Mountain is a Blast!

• The Force is with me! Star Tours has what I want!

• Omnimovers Rule! Give me a new Horizons/WoM etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bstanley

DisNoid
OK all you potential Imagineers.

What do you think Disney should shoot for when designing their next E-Ticket attraction?

Let's assume a Spherical Chicken - whatever choice is made, the attraction gets the complete Disney Treatment - excellent queue theming, great storyline, innovative ride mechanism, etc. so the only choice is the amount of 'physicality' you want.

Given the technological advances that things like Indy, Test Track and the Tokyo Pooh ride have added to the Imagineering toolbox, I see little reason why they can't create a single ride that has multiple levels of thrills. Perhaps a ride with different endings. Path A leads down a river canyon (thrill), path B is a wagon ride around the river (tame for all).

So my answer to the above is "More than one of the above"

I picked the omnimover simply because I believe Disney has been neglecting the big family ride. Of course, it doesn't have to be an omnimover, but it should be a ride the whole family can enjoy. DCA doesn't have one, and with the exception of Kilamanjaro Safari, I think the last new one was Horizons.

Hopemax I love your reply! This way the thrill junkies and wimps like me could all be happy!! You have my vote for future imagineer!!

hopemax said it all I want an all or some of the above option.

I think it is time for a new super spectacular visual feast on a slower moving boat, platform, jeep, omnimover or what ever. It doesn't matter as long as it fits what ever story they want to do. I would like lots of spectacular sets, effects, atmosphere and all and even a few AA's would be good if needed. As long as it stimulated the mind visually.

The last thing disney needs is a omnimover ride, unless i go in summer and its long so i can keep cool and take a nap!!!!
What they need is a great thrill ride to out do Hulk!!!! Just like spiderman blew away what disney has offered in FLA in terms of a great ride is what is needed in a thrill ride at wdw. A truely great coaster thrill ride that would make Hulk seem tame and lame(and god please no more vekoma rides!!)
And forget about different levels of thrill elements in the ride like some would want to water it down with, a true white knuckle attraction
and for those who dont like it they can always ride Its A small world again or maybe the spinning alladdin ride for more outrageous thrill experiences!!
Disney has more than enough family rides but needs one truely adult thrill ride that may scare off the weenies but will be one that thrill enthusiasts would truely love and ride often.

Bob, I gotta give you credit. You may be wrong in trying to turn Disney into a thrill park, but MAN, you are one consistent guy! The minute I saw the poll and saw your name on the list, I knew what your answer would be. Of course, your answer is wrong for Disney's target market, but at least you never waffle.

C.O.

Originally posted by CasualObserver
Bob, I gotta give you credit. You may be wrong in trying to turn Disney into a thrill park, but MAN, you are one consistent guy! The minute I saw the poll and saw your name on the list, I knew what your answer would be. Of course, your answer is wrong for Disney's target market, but at least you never waffle.

C.O.
Haha, no doubt! :teeth:

If it gets the full attention you are speaking of and no cost cutting, I really don't think it matters to me. A home run is a home run in my book. People with infants may like one thing and teens may prefer another. I really don't care.

I'm with the little bug... As long as they use a good theme, story, and execute it well, the actual physicality doesn't matter much to me (except that I, personally, can't ride drop rides like ToT).

I also like the mixed use idea posed by Hopemax. Disney has sorta gotten away from the 'something for everyone,' unless you believe (as M. Eisner seems to) that Spinners are for everyone. :p

Sarangel

CausalObserve, I dont think that disney should add a thrill coaster every year, ala SF parks but disney needs to add something to their guests who do crave a true thrill ride that isnt watered down so kids can ride it.
Their is a large number of their guests who would ride a true thrill ride and if built their is no doubt in mind that the ride would draw attention nationally and would have lines that would exceed those of most attractions at wdw, just like their most thrilling attractions at wdw already do.

I had a difficult time with the poll. It's either white-knuckle time, or take a nap. I opted in the middle (just like my politics):p I like music, and lots of it, so I want to see something like Rock-n-Rollercoaster, but a bit slower. 20 years ago I would have said Rock On, but time has a way of mellowing even the biggest daredevil. I still enjoy Space Mountain, haven't been on RNRC, but my kids love it. So lets close the loophole, and give us middle-agers something to enjoy.:smooth:

I agree with coach Rick. There must be something between "Small World" and barf-a-rama!! Something with a great story and excellent themeing could appeall to everyone without excluding so many ( like the super coasters do.) While I think Disney needs to offer thrills to compete, I kind of don't understand why the thrill junkies even like Disney. I mean, most major cities have a Six Flags with pretty good coasters, why spend the time and $ to go to Disney if that is all you care about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter